03/04 updates?

d816041acae8b69ae1ec84dc1c4c387a.jpg

Man I'm more interested in that red Robin post. :lolly:
I wish there was one around here.

What exactly do you get for the extra cost of pro?

So up until this point, I thought I was doing a pretty good job at tuning my truck with SSR-UDC. I utilized the sample tunes, spent some time on the dyno over the summer fine tuning things, and thought I was just about tapped out for my setup – stock CP3 and 63/68/12 with BBI 2s. For those of you who are in the same boat, listen up. Dyno results over the summer put me at 529hp. After a 178/208 cam, springs, and pushrods, the truck did 554hp at Firepunk on my UDC tune, fueling out to 3450 before it started dropping fuel. Then, immediately after the 554hp run, Lavon put his tune in with the new HP-Tuners software and it did 624.6hp/1050tq, fueling all the way out to just past 5000rpm! Then, with water/meth it did 680hp/1206.2tq! I can’t say enough about how impressed I am by Lavon’s ability to tune. I’ll continue to post additional results on drivability and mileage as time progresses, as well as the dyno graphs once I get them. 70hp more than my best tune is just ridiculous to me.

Can this also be used as a diagnostic tool? Example, injector balance rates, cylinder cut out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So up until this point, I thought I was doing a pretty good job at tuning my truck with SSR-UDC. I utilized the sample tunes, spent some time on the dyno over the summer fine tuning things, and thought I was just about tapped out for my setup – stock CP3 and 63/68/12 with BBI 2s. For those of you who are in the same boat, listen up. Dyno results over the summer put me at 529hp. After a 178/208 cam, springs, and pushrods, the truck did 554hp at Firepunk on my UDC tune, fueling out to 3450 before it started dropping fuel. Then, immediately after the 554hp run, Lavon put his tune in with the new HP-Tuners software and it did 624.6hp/1050tq, fueling all the way out to just past 5000rpm! Then, with water/meth it did 680hp/1206.2tq! I can’t say enough about how impressed I am by Lavon’s ability to tune. I’ll continue to post additional results on drivability and mileage as time progresses, as well as the dyno graphs once I get them. 70hp more than my best tune is just ridiculous to me.

Not to run you down, but could this of been just because lavon was tuning it? He was also the guy making big power on udc. I'm just saying if he did a udc tune on your truck there may not of been near that big of a gap.

I completely agree! My results are not a UDC vs HP-Tuners comparison similar to what Lavon did with UDC vs. EFI. On his tuning I would be willing to bet max power would be very similar but only carry out to the SSR limitations, which was 3450 the way I had mine tuned. My post was intended to point out that he is a LOT better tuner than I am, and that while I was skeptical that more power could be found, I have seen the other side.

I had some time this afternoon to get some quick dyno test runs in with our HP Tuners tuning.

Fuel fueling to 4500rpm and beyond is an easy reality if you have the engine modifications and airflow to get there.

12348028_1115196791826532_6521667925834148384_n.png

Does it following the same style as EFILIVE, such as the need to rescale the axis for rpm and deal with all the limiters?

Holy Cow! This looks awesome! I think its time to sell my 3 injector destroying tuners and pick this up!

Price looks very good, options look great and Im sure with proper operation on the software, driving the truck would be MUCH better!

Does it following the same style as EFILIVE, such as the need to rescale the axis for rpm and deal with all the limiters?

Yes you can rescale the RPM axis to get appropriate timing control in the higher rpm range.

Back