12v hp #'s

Man I wish I could finish up some of these trucks so I can go play on the dyno some.:doh:

So do I brudda:p. Let me know when you're ready so we can try some of these things out!:Cheer:

p.s. 20-30hp from 181s to 191s huh, maybe i'll put mine back in and recalibrate my seat of the pants dyno lol

Just realized I actually did 591 with the 181 dv's, so i guess 191's really are a 45hp increase over 181's.

Some killer numbers there man! I just took my 191s out to put back in some 181s. Your results may cause me to put the 191s back in. Hope to have some dyno numbers myself to add comparing the two in the next few weeks!

Care to share the specifics of the timing changes you made to accamodate the larger 66mm charger? Is that a non-benched 887 pump you have? Thanks!:Cheer:

Some killer numbers there man! I just took my 191s out to put back in some 181s. Your results may cause me to put the 191s back in. Hope to have some dyno numbers myself to add comparing the two in the next few weeks!

Care to share the specifics of the timing changes you made to accamodate the larger 66mm charger? Is that a non-benched 887 pump you have? Thanks!:Cheer:
Didn't do any timing change to help out the turbo, but I did bump it up to 22* with the 191s. With my pulse adapter timing dropped off 2* going from 181s to 191s.

LEBeach_001.jpg
[/IMG]
Here is the sheet.

Nice numbers, what kept ya from trying much more timing to see where the hp numbers went?

Im I missing something ? Why did you start the run so late ?

2200 does seem a bit late to start analyzing the run. Was it hard to get the charger to lit well?

Nice numbers, what kept ya from trying much more timing to see where the hp numbers went?
Had enough play time for the week, I'm gonna get back on sometime soon and play with the timing to see where it goes.

Im I missing something ? Why did you start the run so late ?

2200 does seem a bit late to start analyzing the run. Was it hard to get the charger to lit well?
I don't imagine I'll be anything less than 2200 rpm on the track, the charger lit fine started the runs at 10psi and they made full boost by 2600rpm.

Good to hear. Since your not spraying it id like to see the gain with around 10* more timing in her. Some run 40*+........might dial in around 32-35* and give it a try.

i will be tuning my truck on the dyno the next couple weeks, i'm hoping for 600+ with a single charger.

Didn't do any timing change to help out the turbo, but I did bump it up to 22* with the 191s. With my pulse adapter timing dropped off 2* going from 181s to 191s.

Really??? I can't imagine how they would decrease injection timing but I've not measured it like you have. Any thoughts on that? Thanks for the excellent info!

They are killing you, if I can do 600 with a single so can you!

Hmmm...
So please tell us all then oh wise one,How is this done????.

I am at a loss when guys say they make 600 on a 12v with a single charger with simple pump mods.Certainly someone would have been able to explain how those who did this know more than the pump shops who do many of our pumps.........Andy

Hmmm...
So please tell us all then oh wise one,How is this done????.

I am at a loss when guys say they make 600 on a 12v with a single charger with simple pump mods.Certainly someone would have been able to explain how those who did this know more than the pump shops who do many of our pumps.........Andy

They are all lying to give you P-Pump envy.

Don't know if I would call a Silver Bullet a small turbo, it works quite well on my truck but only if the proper AFC tuning is done. The pump was tweaked my Industrial a few years before I got a hold of it.

What turbo are you running Andy? I thought it was a small GT and you were at like 530's or 540's.

Jim

Really??? I can't imagine how they would decrease injection timing but I've not measured it like you have. Any thoughts on that? Thanks for the excellent info!
I think the fuel is coming out of the pump faster and at a lower psi with the bigger dvs(more volume) so it takes more duration to build up the pressure to get the injector to pop. I'm sure there is somone out there that can explain it better.

I think the fuel is coming out of the pump faster and at a lower psi with the bigger dvs(more volume) so it takes more duration to build up the pressure to get the injector to pop. I'm sure there is somone out there that can explain it better.

Brett I thought about it a little more last night myself and came up with the same thing you did. The only thing though is when the rack advances and the rpms increase is the difference still 2*. I'm not really familiar with your measuring piece does it account for timing when the pump is running/turning or is it just like a spill port based number with very slow rotation of the pump? I'm not real educated on advanced measurment methods so forgive my lack of proper terminology.

Well hello Andy. How are you doing? Glad to see you have some good info to support The people on this site. If a person just works with there pump on the truck they can get more out of it than some might think. Just because one person thinks another person cant get more out of a pump should give them more drive to accel and learn. Everyday is a learning day. School is always in session.

Well hello Andy. How are you doing? Glad to see you have some good info to support The people on this site. If a person just works with there pump on the truck they can get more out of it than some might think. Just because one person thinks another person cant get more out of a pump should give them more drive to accel and learn. Everyday is a learning day. School is always in session.

Brad, you obviously have a good grasp of what's going on. I noticed in your number you had a ton of timing or what many in the street/strip world would think is a ton. Would you mind giving a brief description of why you had 28 degrees in your setup? Thanks man!:Cheer:

One more thing I might add. I'm wondering how much an effect on the hp it would be having less then 10psi of fuel pressure on the runs at WOT. I still have the stock lift pump.

Back