188/220 "drop in" cam

Did you even bother to call Zach before starting this thread?

No and im not going to call him. Why is it any of your business????? I already know the answer im going to get if i call. "There is no way my cam is off, we use cnc cam grinders and they dont mess up. It must be your engine." I dont need to hear his sales pitch that bring the rest of clients in. I want real world data not some thing he has fashioned in his shop.

I installed my 188 and checked it. It was too tight to run with a stock head gasket. Installed a .020 thicker one on and checked again. It gave me some clearance, but still tight enough to worry me. I took a risk and put it together. I'm turning to 4300 rpm and so far I havnt had any issues. I am running 60lb springs. I have a set of hd pushrods to go in, but am running stock ones for a while to make sure no piston to valve contact is bending them. My idea of a fuse I guess.

In most instances, with the clearances you have, it should be a drop in cam.

If you would have called me we could have seen if there was an issue with the installed centerline not being at 99 degrees for whatever reason and then sent you an offset key to remedy the situation. I would have done whatever I could have to help you figure out the issue, up to and including driving to your shop. It also helps when people call that have issues, because we can re-write the instructions to cover more potential issues.

Have you even tried to verify the installed centerline? I really think that could be one of the main issues. If you want to get answers to your questions, or help in fixing the issue, call us and we will walk you through it. And no "salesmen will tell you that you don't know what you are doing etc."

In fact, if we cannot remedy the situation over the phone, I will come to where you are and fix it. Or you can keep bashing us, your call.

Last edited:
I will degree it today but you are selling this cam as a "drop in". If the cam is suppose to be set with the center line at 99 then why isnt all the key ways ground to be set at 99?????? Point is if your going to sell it as one thing it better be that. Not well its suppose to be here but over there will have to do.

Last edited:
I installed my 188 and checked it. It was too tight to run with a stock head gasket. Installed a .020 thicker one on and checked again. It gave me some clearance, but still tight enough to worry me. I took a risk and put it together. I'm turning to 4300 rpm and so far I havnt had any issues. I am running 60lb springs. I have a set of hd pushrods to go in, but am running stock ones for a while to make sure no piston to valve contact is bending them. My idea of a fuse I guess.

Thanks for the info

I degree every cam I install. Usually dont find one the same. I found the differences to be in the gears. Unless its one of someones regrinds and it was 10 degrees off ICL. I think any cam should be degreed when installed, no matter what the maker tells you. It is retarded not to as easy as it is to do.

Go back and read all Zach's cry me a phucking river threads and posts about how nobody loves him and nobody wants to buy his over priced china head and then have to get all his followers to pat him on the back and tell him its going to be ok . He is a straight up crybaby Mother ****er and when the cam I have here goes in the engine I'm building for a customer that he bought directly from Zach I will have a no Hamilton policy in my shop. I will not support the biggest crybaby in the diesel world. I will grind cams on a phucking bench grinder before I spend a dollar with this azzhole. And Zachy I'm still waiting on all these names of "National pullers" winning using your cams. Because there are none.

I think Disturbed made it pretty clear with this statement how he feels about Zach. So it was pretty obvious what this thread was intended for. If I was Zach and somebody talked to me like that I would tell them where to put this drop in cam.

You could give some people ten Asian hookers and they will ***** you owed them eleven. People want to push the limits of their trucks and parts, so parts suppliers push the limits to give people what they want and then as soon as something goes wrong they get their feelings hurt and cry like a bunch of babies. I think everybody on here Needs to toughen up. This crybaby bull**** is ridiculous.

My intent was to see if anyone else has seen this or if its just this engine. From the couple people ive gotten feed back from That have acctually checked PTV it seems its not just this engine that has seen issues.

I have a customer that i need to get this engine done for and was giving the info that i found. Dont like to phucking bad. This is CompD right????????????????

Are you taking out your Hamilton valvetrain to fit your new no Hamilton policy? LOL

:lolly:Ive never had anything Hamilton in any of my engines

Go back and read all Zach's cry me a phucking river threads and posts about how nobody loves him and nobody wants to buy his over priced china head and then have to get all his followers to pat him on the back and tell him its going to be ok . He is a straight up crybaby Mother ****er and when the cam I have here goes in the engine I'm building for a customer that he bought directly from Zach I will have a no Hamilton policy in my shop. I will not support the biggest crybaby in the diesel world. I will grind cams on a phucking bench grinder before I spend a dollar with this azzhole. And Zachy I'm still waiting on all these names of "National pullers" winning using your cams. Because there are none.

I think Disturbed made it pretty clear with this statement how he feels about Zach. So it was pretty obvious what this thread was intended for. If I was Zach and somebody talked to me like that I would tell them where to put this drop in cam.

You could give some people ten Asian hookers and they will ***** you owed them eleven. People want to push the limits of their trucks and parts, so parts suppliers push the limits to give people what they want and then as soon as something goes wrong they get their feelings hurt and cry like a bunch of babies. I think everybody on here Needs to toughen up. This crybaby bull**** is ridiculous.

Couldnt agree more, atleast he tries to push the limits of these engines. I have seen alot of crying on here lately $.02

Unbroken, that paragraph was supposed to be a quote of Disturbed's from another thread. I had a machine shop build my motor. I cut the proper valve reliefs, installed the cam straight up like Zach said which was checked by the shop and was right on the money for intake centerline. They did a completed head job and set the valve springs at 1.380 and checked for coil bind. My **** is fine and ready to run.

Now how it runs is still to be determined. Lol

This customer of disturbed could have got the garunteed fit cam or nuted up and cut some valve reliefs and this thread would not need to be. Plus disturbed is a vendor bashing another forum vendor which I'm pretty sure is not supposed to be done. After all Zach was bashed for his thread. It should be the same rules across the board is all.

I thought of that when I read ILLINOISRAM jumpin his ass but having his valve train in his sig too. :hehe:

I'm not reading it as ILLINOISRAM jumping Zach, the first paragraph is supposed to be a quote from DISTURBED, and I'm not translating the rest to be negative toward Zach.

Then again it has definitely been a monday so maybe I'm off.

That is not my quote or opinion of Zach. You guys need to read the rest of the post. Jesus Jory, give me more credit than that. Lol

Back