210HP P Pump help

Thanks! me too. I just wish I had more time to play with the timing, but hopefully some day...

Co-worker was too busy on his tinder app to get a video. Some peoples' kids. With the crazy drivers and traffic, I am not taking a video myself.

I did dust a duramax with a banks sticker and mbrp exhaust that wanted to blow smoke everywhere. It was another roofing company so that was a bonus! I was maybe 1/2-3/4 throttle and <40psi of boost in 4th. The truck smokes at low boost, but cleans up over 20psi. I'm thinking move the afc housing forward to make it clean, but I've been out in the sun all day so my brain is fried. I'll look into that tomorrow if I feel like it..

AWESOME !!!!... I beet them off the line but they kill me by about 1/8 mile .. damn 4.10's and only 3200 rpm's ..LOL

The NV doesn't like to take off very well with the clutch I have. Usually by the time I hit 3rd gear it starts to spool. This was a rolling take off. I passed him on the right and he got on my bumper blowing smoke. We got around the traffic and he tried to pass me. I just rolled into it then when he was beside me I took off.

Exactly! I love watching people who throw a programmer on their newer truck and think it is fast in my rearview mirror. I'd also love to be a fly on the wall in their truck after I go buy.

Driver: "Hey Billy, what do you think he has in that thing?"
Billy: "I bet that's one of those V8 CumminGs motors. He must have the boost turned up and a couple of chips."

LOL... Right

Fkn Dumbass' Go get a real truck, We ALL know what happens whe you put power to a IFS, THATS FUNNY AS ALL HELL !!!!!!

Buckles like a Banana , WHOOPS !!!!

Finally got to take a video and tuned the pump today. Sorry about the crappy quality, but I left my good camera and didn't want to waste time going back to get it. As you can see it still hazes when I get on it.

If I go looser with the starwheel, it smokes more. If I go tighter, it is sluggish and doesn't want to build boost. Starwheel almost all the way tight, smoke screw backed out and a gov spring in the afc. Thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4vT9FG2sl8&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:
Thanks! I guess I can give up trying to make it clean. At least I found the starwheel adjustment where it runs the best.

I ended up buying a 3" spring for the AFC with the same rate as the stock one and cut it down to a 1 3/4" length. I tried a few different GOV springs first, but it wasn't all that great.

It's rather dirty, but I'm over fueled as it is. When I had my Phatshaft 62/70 over a HT3B it was spotless.

I'd love to run a set of compounds, but I'd rather keep in simple with a single charger. When Weston does another run of spool valves, I'll probably grab one and go that route.

I had to slide my plate back because it would black out the road at full throttle. I'd love to know what this pump flows, but can't afford any down time.

they should clean up a bit above 2K , thats where the timin comes in and helps with efficency ..

I got time to mess with it again today. I'm around 24-25* and it cleaned up really well. Barely any smoke no matter what I do. Thats for all the help guys! I'll post a video when I get a chance.

I did switch from a 63 to a 66mm turbo and wanted to post my findings in case someone is debating between the two. The 63 seemed to spool harder and make more boost quickly while the 66 flows more on the top end. I think it's because the lower gears do not give it enough of a load. 4th gear would hit 50psi with the 63, but only 40 with the 66. 5th gear would stay at only 50 with the 63 while the 66 will bury my 60psi gauge. Both were box, non-wastegated units. I'm debating getting a 63 comp wheel and housing to test. I would guess factory like spool with limited top end flow.

PM T$, he is an authorized borg dealer. You'll need a flange adapter or manifold, downpipe or downpipe adapter and a different compressor housing unless you want to fab your own I/C pipe. The oil feed fitting is different too (BSP - British Standard Pipe Thread). I got the 3rg gen style compressor housing and just made my own pipe. The price will depend on options, but the box turbo sells for ~$600. I got the HX40 flange on mine and got the downpipe and clamp for $99 shipped to my door from performance truck products.

Check out Ghostman's P-pump 24 valve build. I'm thinking about flipping my manifold, making a new I/C pipe and true cold air intake like that.

Last edited:
I used an intercooler pipe from Stainless Diesel and made my own air intake on my 63/68
pupu2aqe.jpg
emu3y4e4.jpg

Back