210HP P Pump help

Nice! That filter is huge. I was thinking of flipping my manifold and routing the intake either behind the front bumper, 3rd gen or stock fenter.

No updates, still just a haze. The turbo shop talked me into getting a 66/68/.91 and I picked up an ATS manifold I'll have to weld. I'm hoping that will clear the smoke a little more. I should have it on this week or next.

:st:Well about 2 weeks ago I went from 4.10's to 3.55's ... so i have done a few test "hits" and attempts to lay some stripes .. lol

Well, I finally got back to take some pics, nice and even..:charger:

Attachments

• 20140918_160732.jpg
    20140918_160732.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20140918_160649.jpg
    20140918_160649.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 0
  • 20140918_160635.jpg
    20140918_160635.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 0
I'm getting it tomorrow so I'll update over the weekend. I bet my new iPhone will take good videos!

How much difference did the gear change make? You have an auto right?

Its a HUGE difference ..

Speedo says I', goin 35.. I'm really going 47 ( via GPS ) , I was like umm , maybe I can use that excuse 1 time ... the old diff is in the back .. LOL

Off the line, Its a slug, BUT, I knew that.. getting on the freeway( speed limit here is 70) .. I can get on freeway @ 3K in 3rd locked up TC I'm going 69 MPH w/3.55's .. with the 4.10's I was maxed out 3rd locked tc @ 57 mph ..

Fairly substantial difference.. my EGT's while getting on it are now higher too , I figure I'm just able to use and load the engine more effectivly Hence I'm spending more time Multiplying the Torque with gears now, the 4.10's it was Bang, Bang, Bang... now it takes a few more seconds in each gear before the shift ..

I need to go get my Speedo corrected as well .. my trip meter is way off !!

When I changed the actual gears, the speedo was still accurate. I did the same thing going from 4.10 to 3.54. I wish I kept my smarty though because I have bigger tires now and it would be nice to have it correct. I don't know why yours would be off because I actually changed axles when I built this last truck and everything was accurate until the tire and rim change.

yours is 4x4 and the VSS is in TC.. mine is in tail of trans ..need to swap out those gears to accomidate the new gears

Here is a video of it now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drca7JdAvv4

I rolled into it nice and easy. It stays pretty clean till ~30PSI. Looks like I'll be tuning the AFC again. The PDI manifold seems to help and it gave me the added bonus of a drive pressure gauge. I noticed my EGTs are cooler and spool up is a bit faster.

Looks good .. Probably need a bit more air on the top end looks like, maybe back off the pre-boost fuel just about 1/2 -1 turn .. see if that cleans it up a bit more ..

Wish we were closer I would like to go on bomb runs ..

I like to go out and make passes on real streets just to see what My truck will do on bad surfaces .. I know It will hook like crazy on good surface's ..

I was thinking star-wheel or move the plate. Ya it would be nice. I met a few cool people here, but no one that's into diesels.

Well What the Hell is there in this crappy world ????

I would back off the pre-boost fuel .. that will clean up the smoke a bit ( and run harder), then play with the star wheel .. I typically have to make the adjustments a little, Smoke screw, then back to wheel .. play for a mile or two .. then back to the smoke screw again , then drive a min, then do what ever next ..

I enjoy tuning my 12V, Easy but tedious !!

I gave up and went with a 180 built by Seth. Let's just say I'll never rack my barrels again unless I get my hands on a flow bench. The truck runs great! I'm slowly tuning it again, but it is getting a lot easier.

On a side note, after about 600K, the 24 valve throttle cables fray. Dealer item only so I had to rig the cable to get home after I installed the pump.

The pump runs great. I just need the AFC plug and a few bolts so I can sell my smokey 210.

I recently got a HT60 .. Felling like Compunds just got closer !!!
Now I need Injectors .. wonder what ones ? 7x12's maybe 14's ...hummmm !!

Back