3126 cat n an ambulance chassis

lol..so now the pos needs batteries...3 naturally...from 2014....it never ends....

That’s a few thousand dollars too late.

No ****.

However, batteries are something everybody needs, and 2014 was a while ago, I don't understand the complaint.
Could be he just thrives on this stuff. Damn near everyone told him to step away from the money pit, but he managed to turn it into a year long thread. Commendable.
No offense meant Gary.

:hehe:

No ****.

However, batteries are something everybody needs, and 2014 was a while ago, I don't understand the complaint.
Could be he just thrives on this stuff. Damn near everyone told him to step away from the money pit, but he managed to turn it into a year long thread. Commendable.
No offense meant Gary.

:hehe:

Hope he farmer fixes it and goes to auto zone and let’s them “test” the batteries and only replaces the ones that are “bad”.

Friends wife’s truck wouldn’t start. Told her to go have batteries put in it while he was working. Of course they wanted to test them and claimed they were good. Turning the key said otherwise. Must have got the 2wd batteries

Hope he farmer fixes it and goes to auto zone and let’s them “test” the batteries and only replaces the ones that are “bad”.

Friends wife’s truck wouldn’t start. Told her to go have batteries put in it while he was working. Of course they wanted to test them and claimed they were good. Turning the key said otherwise. Must have got the 2wd batteries

It's technology making everyone lazy and therefore uneducated. It's pretty pathetic how helpless people are now. Even my grandmother knew car basics like changing a tire. I heard that a lot of newer cars don't even bother to have a spare; they know the driver is too stupid to use it.

It's technology making everyone lazy and therefore uneducated. It's pretty pathetic how helpless people are now. Even my grandmother knew car basics like changing a tire. I heard that a lot of newer cars don't even bother to have a spare; they know the driver is too stupid to use it.

Have to think that a lot of cars would need full size spares, the VW I drive would be one as it is AWD, instead they give you kit to air the tire back up after you put some goo in it.

Its not really about not being able to change a tire.

I know the batts are gonna go....just one thing after another..like to go 6 mos or so without a breakdown or having to rebuild some crap...I feel like Wildman anymore...lol...im no quitter either so...I wanted this pos to be the ultimate tow vehicle for me...ive put maybe 2500 mi on it...maybe....spent 2500 in repairs...which isn't a lot...like I said..one thing after another....

no offense taken jeff...someday I'm gonna post us using the pile on vacation or quad racing ....lol

I prefer Deka. If you don't have a local Deka store, SOME O'Reilly's and the Napa Golds are made by Deka.

I swear by Cat batteries which are made by Deka(East Penn). They have additional vibration/impact resistance.

I am curious why a 3126 requires 3 batteries anyways, maybe it needed them with the ambulance body, but for just engine starting I would think two would suffice.

I am curious why a 3126 requires 3 batteries anyways, maybe it needed them with the ambulance body, but for just engine starting I would think two would suffice.

I thought the same thing. Started to say something but figured it would be more trouble that it was worth to try to get just two secured in the battery box.

I thought the same thing. Started to say something but figured it would be more trouble that it was worth to try to get just two secured in the battery box.

Easy enough. Just install a like sized cribbing block between or on either end.

Gary, two batteries will be fine.

Neither of you live far enough north to need the third one.
#3 is for contrary, dirty oil, rust belt engines.

Sent from my motorola one action using Tapatalk

Back