38's and 40's - options...

DCSpecial said:
Or just get the Toyos and call it a day... LOL

uuh, yea thanks! :poke:

to add: just this morning, I was on a job and in the mud and am afraid that with A/T's I wouldn't have made it through like i did, so another vote now for some M/T type tires.... . I still like the TrXus tho... I love, really love my Toyos, but it's always fun to try something different, at least until you regret it....

Yeah......the fact that my Toyos were awesome on road and I never got stuck in the stuff I go through off road and how well I've pulled out tractors, dump trucks, etc out of the mud, snow, up ditches, etc..

I'm a bit leary of trying a new tire and having it be subpar.....

Toyos :Cheer:

sredish said:
Thanks Dan. I didn't realize about the mud country. the mickey atz is a load range c as well and thats not going to cut it. i keep swaying between going a tad more civilized like the Pro Comp Xtreme A/Ts since I street a little more and they're a load range E but then after I'm like, hell no, and thinking of going with another set of these Toyos because I really like them. I also had a set of the Interco TrXus M/Ts and really really like them also, they look a little nastier but are still about as tame as the Toyo M/Ts maybe a tad softer sidewall. Above all, the Kumhos are A LOT less, like $250 a tire if I can find them, haven't looked yet but I know for a fact I can get the Toyos and ProComps.... we'll see...

load range C but still rated at 3400lbs a tire which is 7k on the axle, sounds pretty damn good to me. ;)

TOYO M/T's all the way,
I ran the Truxus and did really like them but they wore way to fast.
The Toyo M/T's wear great if rotated regularly.

dan

edgerat said:
load range C but still rated at 3400lbs a tire which is 7k on the axle, sounds pretty damn good to me. ;)

yea, but keep in mind, Load Range C = 35 lbs. if I remember right. Load Range D = 60 lbs. and Load Range E = 85 lbs. or something close tot that.

C= 35 psi max 6ply
D= 50 psi max 8 ply
E= 65 psi max 10ply

I should have my 38/15.50R20 Toyos tomorrow... :rockwoot:

Anybody know how the Kumhos wear as compared to the Toyo muds? I noticed they are cheaper.

Garrett,

One of the Truck Toyz tech's has the 37/13.50R20 Kuhmo's. He has over 25,000 miles on them and they still have lots of tread left.

Of course...the fabricator got over 57,000 miles on his 38/15.50R20 Toyos, so it will be interesting to see if the Kuhmos last as long.

I'm told that the Toyos are slightly quieter when new....but after 5,000 miles on each that the Kuhmos are actually quieter.
Toyos have slightly better street manners and handling though.

For the general retail price of the Kuhmos when compared to the Toyos....you really can't go wrong.

Apparently....I spoke too soon.

The reason I thought I was getting a SWEET DEAL on the Toyos.....was because my buddy's supplier had an error in their system and had them listed $60 cheaper per tire than what they should have been. Before he could order my tires...they caught the error :bang
I guess they caught it after someone else bought all 8 that they had in stock at the time....

But, I came across a hell of a deal on some slightly used 40/15.50R20 Toyos....so it looks like I'll be getting them :rockwoot:

damn-thatll teach me to leave my phone in the truck! thats bad azz man!

well, now I'm back to wanting 40's and I'm eying the Mickey ATZ's in the 40 and it's a Load Range D.

Only thing I don't like is the 13.50" width.....spoiled myself with the width of my 38" PJs and 38" Toyos. These 40" Toyos should be even wider... :rockwoot:

sredish said:
well, now I'm back to wanting 40's and I'm eying the Mickey ATZ's in the 40 and it's a Load Range D.

pull the fender liner and trim the winch spacer and i think you can fit em....
DC 13.50s would be good for him and his wimpy azz 'little' wheels :poke:

j/k man, your truck is still bigger than mine....for now:bang

Last edited:
I don't think DC's are available yet in a 40/13.50R18....only 40/13.50R20

Yea, i'm a little so/so with the 13.50 width but if thats what it took to get into a 40', then so be it. Also Brad, keep in mind, I have a set of 6" front deavers to get a couple more up front when / if I need it. I'm not going to run an extreme M/T like the Irok or anything, I'm not getting any more aggressive than the Toyo or the Kumho, but there is pretty much NOTHING available in a 40" with an 18" wheel, other than the Fun Countrys or the Mickey ATZ's

I would love to see a picture of a 13.50 mounted up.

Last edited:
Back