38's and 40's - options...

Scott,

If you are interested in some 38/15.50R18 ATZ's I can check with Marty if they still have them....

They had a customer back out of some 38/15.50R18 ATZs on 18x12 Dune 8s and the guy lost his deposit.
I almost bought just the wheels a couple of weeks back when it looked like I was SOL on finding a 4th wheel to complete my set since Weld (ARE) no longer makes my wheel.

only issue with those is the friggin load range or I'd already have a set coming.... i'm just a little scared of that load range c because I tow a toy hauler quite often and I like to air up to 45 or 50 with it...

Ah, that makes sense....Mickey Thompson makes the Dick Cepeks...which is why the load range is the same. I never even looked at the specs of the ATZ

at least the 40's have a D load range. hell, i don't know, i still may end up with the Pro CompXATs ....

somebody just shoot me...

I'm really really thinking of going with the 40's now. It just makes sense, I really want some 40's, I'm ready to make the move to an A/T and the taller tire will help my gearing... All Good for my situation.

just for info, the "actual height x tread width" of the three tires:

Baja ATZ 40x13.50 - 39.8 x 10.8
Toyo M/T 38x14.50 - 37.7 x 11.8
Pro XAT 38.5x14.50 - 38.6 x 11.4

Still fighting it... there's $800 difference in the ATZs and the XATs.... that's a lot for just another inch. Not too mention the XATs are load range E so their tdugh and they come with a 40k mile guarantee, with the ATZs don't have.

not a bad looking tire
xtremeat.gif

i like em better than the ATZ
baja_atz_trad.jpg

but not as well as the MTZ?
baja_mtz.jpg

if i ever manage to kill my toyos (dunno how.... they dont seem to wear at all) then i might look at em.... but i sure do love the toyos

hope that helps ya :hehe: :kick: :blahblah1:

ah, i like those ATZs a lot better than the other ones....
granted i like the ATZs better than the XATs but for another 800 bucks, i think id give up the 1" and take the 40,000 ...... since if it were me id kill em on purpose at ~20k

i'm thinking just like that Brad. $800 less, 1 inch less, and a 40k warranty with a heavier load range... hard to pass up. it's still an inch taller than what I'm on now... i'd love to have another m/t but i just don't need it at this point. true, i'm in the mud a little but 1) not enough to matter a lot; 2) the mud I'm in is not too extreme actuall and 3) i have a winch should i really get screwed.... i'm off road a lot still but it usually involves dirt, rocks, sand dunes and stuff like that... which will be fine.

Last edited:
One of the main reason I'd go with either one of those M/Ts over an A/T......A/T's pick up way too much gravel. Our shop has a gravel parking lot..and I have tons of rock chips from when I was running BFG ATs.

Also, Hankook is coming out with a pretty cool looking M/T..

sredish said:
i just hope you all are happy and like it afterwards.

i hope you all like it? youre starting to sound like bear hunter :bang

:hehe:

I take it we won't know what you ordered till monday??

You gotta post up pics then LOL

Back