38's and 40's - options...

just trying to figure what to do with the old tires/wheels..... wouldn't mind getting some smaller 35's for some makeshift draggers, or maybe some really aggressive 37" mudders..... not sure yet.

anyone wanna buy some Toyos..... lightly used.

youd be surprised how easy they are to blow up tho if you know what youre doing LOL

me? nah...
BTW - still havent tracked down that new noiseLOL :bang going back later today to look into it more deeply

yea, don't bring up the hydroboost/steering pump stuff.... just thinking about it makes it go out on my truck.

yea, i have some new popping up front, something suspension related when I hit a bump or turn the wheel going slow on concrete....

Check sway bar links, trac bar, trac bar bracket, drag link ends and tie rod ends for the noise.

Look forward to seeing pics :D

the trac bar and bracket is what my mind was leading me to, haven't checked it yet tho. i might go ahead and swap all the ends just for the sake of it. truck has 90k miles. what about wheel bearings... anyone had to deal with those yet? never changed mine with all the miles I have on it.

I dealt with my unit bearing/wheel hub assemblies by removing them from the truck LOL :D

I have the Dynatrac SD Combo now with a heavy duty fixed spindle and serviceable wheel bearings :rockwoot:

But, with those miles...and since you've probably ran larger than stock tires for a large portion of that, I would say that it's definately a possibility that they could be on their way out.
If you jack up the one side of the truck can you grab the top and bottom of the tire and wiggle it at all?
If you spin the tire does it rotate smoothly and quietly?

Here's some pics, in spite of the snow today.

Wheela.jpg

Wheelb.jpg

Wheelc.jpg

so far, very quiet, very comfortable and ride better than the Toyos. I'm running 42 in front and 35 in the rear. I really like them. I don't feel the pictures do it justice, and neither did my wife but I like them thus far. Much smoother on the road and the Toyos are very smooth for an M/T.

Back