5x14

Yes that's why I was asking if I could get enough lift on my 5x14 to spool it. If I can't I'd sell these n prolly go with 5x18. but my goal is 600 to the wheels one day n I believe I have a charger that will get me there.

Adding "lift" to your injectors will probably gain you very minimal gains in power if any. You have a turbocharger capable of your power goal, as most likely the same goes with the injectors. Your biggest hold back will be the injection pump itself, and getting it to work the way you will need.

Adding "lift" to your injectors will probably gain you very minimal gains in power if any. You have a turbocharger capable of your power goal, as most likely the same goes with the injectors. Your biggest hold back will be the injection pump itself, and getting it to work the way you will need.

Ok so ill keep an eye out for injectors. The guy I bought my truck claimed it had pump work to it but didn't know what. It has the break off bolts on the back of it are gone and replaced, I just haven't made time to go In and c what has been done. The one thing I would like to do is add a rack plug but I don't want to grind case down or take pump off. I will be dyno this truck at Rudy's truck jam in nc on march 16 so ill get an idea of what I have and go from there. Also I live in wv so I have no clue what elevation I'm at lol

You do not have enough fuel to properly make use of a turbocharger of that size.

What would b a good injector to go with the 66 with what's in my sig. Do u make injectors? I'd b interested in a set if u pm me a price

What would b a good injector to go with the 66 with what's in my sig. Do u make injectors? I'd b interested in a set if u pm me a price

His stuff is 2nd to none. He's also been helping me with my setup, which is exactly what you're asking about. 5x14's and a SB66. Even with a worked over 215 pump, they just aren't enough fuel to make that the right setup, even though I'm running a 5spd and 4.10 gears, which does wonders for spooling a charger.

Don't get me wrong, it drives fine and it's a lot of fun. I'm making 10 psi at 2k and can hit 60 psi really fast after that, and I can drive around the smoke if I pay attention. That's the problem, though. I got distracted the other day and got caught sleeping at a green light. By the time I caught up to traffic, I realized I'd blacked out four lanes of traffic in a VERY nice part of town in a truck with my company's name all over it: not good. And forget about upshifting on any type of hill, period..,loaded or unloaded.

Michael has a very good point, and one I try to make quite often. The aftermarket components you purchase need to work together to reach a specific goal. If you go and buy every flavor of the week part and slap them together, this does not guarantee that you will have great results. People often use the term "tuning" loosely, I believe selecting the correct parts to work together is one of the largest factors when it comes to this.

Simply put; have a clear and direct goal and keep to it. Buying parts twice costs three times as much. If you are undecided where you want to go, make that decision first, you will thank yourself later.

His stuff is 2nd to none. He's also been helping me with my setup, which is exactly what you're asking about. 5x14's and a SB66. Even with a worked over 215 pump, they just aren't enough fuel to make that the right setup, even though I'm running a 5spd and 4.10 gears, which does wonders for spooling a charger.

Don't get me wrong, it drives fine and it's a lot of fun. I'm making 10 psi at 2k and can hit 60 psi really fast after that, and I can drive around the smoke if I pay attention. That's the problem, though. I got distracted the other day and got caught sleeping at a green light. By the time I caught up to traffic, I realized I'd blacked out four lanes of traffic in a VERY nice part of town in a truck with my company's name all over it: not good. And forget about upshifting on any type of hill, period..,loaded or unloaded.

10psi at 2k would b cool, but I would like to hit my goal of 600 and then go from there but ill wait n c what the dyno shows.yea I try to keep smoke down to min

Michael has a very good point, and one I try to make quite often. The aftermarket components you purchase need to work together to reach a specific goal. If you go and buy every flavor of the week part and slap them together, this does not guarantee that you will have great results. People often use the term "tuning" loosely, I believe selecting the correct parts to work together is one of the largest factors when it comes to this.

Simply put; have a clear and direct goal and keep to it. Buying parts twice costs three times as much. If you are undecided where you want to go, make that decision first, you will thank yourself later.

To the first part or ur post, I hear u there I don't cut any corners when it comes to putting parts on truck, but my goal is 600 if I go over no biggy but I would like to have a great setup for the turbo. I've tried to search to see what ppl are running with their 66 on a second gen haven't really found much besides a common rail

A Super B Special will support the power you want and spool faster than the 66/73mm.

. I've tried to search to see what ppl are running with their 66 on a second gen haven't really found much besides a common rail

Because its not a great choice for a single on a DD 12v. The CR trucks spool large singles much better, so lots of guys run them on DD trucks.

Yea I got it installed today, haven't got to drive it until tmrw but it was a lot better install than my super b special

I think you're going to regret the 66/73 compared to the 64/71, as has been said a number of times. It was a 300 rpm difference in spool between those two chargers on my trucks. Doesn't sound like much, but when you're in a daily driving scenario, or even just casual driving, it makes a lot of difference. If you're spending most time at WOT, then it may not hurt as much.

Super B Special was my favourite single turbo to run.

Yea ill let u guys know tmrw but my special with my stock injectors wasent that bad but it would light around 2100. -2200. But with new injectors it would light around 1800

I would b fine with it lighting at 21-22 until I get a cam n bigger injectors to make it work good

Ok after install its pretty good I like it. Lights at 2200 and pulls hard now I think ill keep injectors and going for a Hamilton street/strip cam and go from there

You have a turbocharger capable of your power goal, as most likely the same goes with the injectors. Your biggest hold back will be the injection pump itself, and getting it to work the way you will need.

The aftermarket components you purchase need to work together to reach a specific goal. If you go and buy every flavor of the week part and slap them together, this does not guarantee that you will have great results. People often use the term "tuning" loosely, I believe selecting the correct parts to work together is one of the largest factors when it comes to this.

A Super B Special will support the power you want and spool faster than the 66/73mm.

To the OP, I don't think the gravity of this man's advice is apparent to you... I also couldn't agree more with him. With proper pump work, a rack plug, and a decent delivery valve, you could have met your 600hp goal. Would it have been easy for the peak number you're after, probably not. Would it have had better street manners, by all means yes. It would have been much more responsive and you wouldn't find yourself cursing turbo lag when you get surprised on the street. It would also run much more consistent at the track.

I would also add this time of year in most parts of the state will reflect the most optimal turbo spool performance you are bound to see all year. As the spring and summer seasons approach and it gets hotter you will find spool will suffer substantially. There are a million super b specials out there you can always make the swap with minimal effort when ready.

To the OP, I don't think the gravity of this man's advice is apparent to you... I also couldn't agree more with him. With proper pump work, a rack plug, and a decent delivery valve, you could have met your 600hp goal. Would it have been easy for the peak number you're after, probably not. Would it have had better street manners, by all means yes. It would have been much more responsive and you wouldn't find yourself cursing turbo lag when you get surprised on the street. It would also run much more consistent at the track.

I understand but I just wanted to be sure ill be able to get there. I haven't really seen anyone get to 600 with a 64/71, I know there are some but I started a thread and I believe one guy has hit 600 most were mid 500's now I will build around the turbo. But if I had a 64/74 or 80 it may have had the top end I like

I understand but I just wanted to be sure ill be able to get there. I haven't really seen anyone get to 600 with a 64/71, I know there are some but I started a thread and I believe one guy has hit 600 most were mid 500's now I will build around the turbo. But if I had a 64/74 or 80 it may have had the top end I like

I think you have either been given bad information or been reading "facts" from the wrong place. Both the 71mm(Super B Special) turbine and 73mm(Silver Bullet) turbine have an 80mm inducer, but the wheels are very different in design.

Back