A Decade In Review Were Are They Now ??

Holy crap. Thanks for bumping this one. I missed it all together.

It's fun to live in the past a little.

Sleddy..... I said a little. :hehe:

Wow what a great thread and what a bunch of names to remember! Whatever happened to Jet Pilot? I can remember always being just one step behind him .... 500+ on motor, 700+ on Nitrous, never could catch him yet we were still ahead of 90% of the rest of the country back then. I've dealt with ALOT of good guys and a few POS companies (that I won't mention) but I'd probably go back and do it all over again if I could.

I think someone earlier in this thread said jetpilot is still flyin--last time I talked to him I bought a turbo through him right when he was selling his diesel business--been a couple of yrs or maybe 3 yrs now---I'm sure he has a diesel, but his kids are older now and with that comes less play time, ask me how I know......chris

I think someone earlier in this thread said jetpilot is still flyin--last time I talked to him I bought a turbo through him right when he was selling his diesel business--been a couple of yrs or maybe 3 yrs now---I'm sure he has a diesel, but his kids are older now and with that comes less play time, ask me how I know......chris

Doug was a good guy, he got me going on nitrous and we had some good HP battles back in 2001 / 2002.

Good times! Sport got to big and expensive for me so I bowed out a few years ago, my trucks are still out there though :rockwoot:

Jet Pilot did sell the business and is still flying but mostly overseas as he changed platforms to 747's, more money going on the long hauls and he couldn't do it having the business tied around his ankle.

Jim

KObi, what are you doing in armpit Alabama?

I decided to go on the road as a contractor for a little while, I'm working at the Sikorsky plant here in Troy AL right now. Not a bad deal really, cause I'm making contractor money but I'm still only 3 hours from home, almost the best of both worlds.

Im glad to see this thread still going, I knew it would spark an interest when I posted it. I was present when the east coast HP battles were going on at then Kauffmans Performance now SGS. I just didnt have the funds to play with the big boys with my little P-Pumped first gen...:hehe:

What ever happend to Merv "Huff N Puff" ? Anyone remember "Jetpilot" showing up with a different menes of transportation to one of the events ?

IMG_0237.JPG

Last edited:
Im glad to see this thread still going, I knew it would spark an interest when I posted it. I was present when the east coast HP battles were going on at then Kauffmans Performance now SGS. I just didnt have the funds to play with the big boys with my little P-Pumped first gen...:hehe:

What ever happend to Merv "Huff N Puff" ? Anyone remember "Jetpilot" showing up with a different menes of transportation to one of the events ?

IMG_0237.JPG

I remember that, despite my Alzheimer's. Boy, is this thread bringing up some memories.

IMG_0237.JPG

Coop,

Merv was at Spring Fling or Fall Brawl last year.

Man, I've only been around since about 02...but I remember a BUNCH of this stuff!! Back then, I was trying to lean all I could about chargers and injectors and such...

I bought me a Scotty II intake from Joefarmer and that's all she wrote...now I have 4 Scotty II's:D:D People always ask me where I found those intakes, around here, they'd never heard of them.

I remember KwikKurt, and when the B1'a came out, and the B2...back when a Big Brother was HUGE, and almost everyone was running 370's because they worked good enough for $350!

Chris

I think I can take credit .... or blame .... for getting Merv hooked after we met one night during Midnight Madness at MIR.

Does he sill have the same truck?

I really liked the sport back then, it was so much fun, it was just different back then, maybe because nobody knew what to expect, including us ... I can remember the first nitrous run I made, we installed the smallest 2 jets we could find, Andy Sebek and Jeff Magyer (?) sat in the stands (still have the video actually) fully expecting the truck to just blow right up on the starting line, but instead we ran something like a 12.70 @ 113 or somewhere around there, which was pretty darned quick back then.

If I can find the CD that video is on when I head home this weekend, then figure out how to post it, I will.

man this history lesson is great

had no idea on alot of this, i only been playin with diesels since 2002, but didnt start till 04 with playin with a 12v seriously

now to a CR which is still stock. ugh

thanks for the memories and lesson

Back