A Decade In Review Were Are They Now ??

Here's an old article about Thunder in Muncie 2004. This was the first year I attended TIM, mainly cause that was the year I turned 16, drove a '96 Chevy 2wd gasser back then
2001 Dodge Ram 2500, 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 article, 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 enthusiast

I remember before 2004 seeing all the diesel trucks in town during TIM weekend. That in itself was what got me hooked on diesels. I wish the guys at NADM the best of luck getting this thing going again.

Anyone remember Wade Wright? Used to pull a red dodge, then he started hooking with his old blue 12 valve, that thing has over 800,000 on the odometer to this day. I know in 2005 he pulled with the blue dodge, at least he did at Scheid.

I've got a Scheid Diesel Extravaganza 2005 video here at the house, I can try to make some copies if anyone is interested. Haven't really looked at how to do it.

yea it was Frank aka powersnorter---

also jetpilot, mopar muscle, massdiesel, big saint to name a few more--chris

Wade Wright, TiM pulling champion with old blue, also fixed my puller in 04 after a rotor split in half 6 hrs from home.
Csutton, massdiesel did my transmission in my tow truck, and did the transmission in the Diesel monster truck. Still around.

Large Car? Guy put a semi transmission in his 2nd Gen, a longtime ago.

yea it was Frank aka powersnorter---

also jetpilot, mopar muscle, massdiesel, big saint to name a few more--chris

Frank, used to come out here once a year, pulled in Tulare with us. I also him one year at a BullyDog hook back in the dayz.

BBD

Csutton, massdiesel did my transmission in my tow truck, and did the transmission in the Diesel monster truck. Still around.

Yup, Scott is still around. He has come come a long way since the day as well new shop and all, great guy.

BBD

Steve St Laurent, bigsaint, BigBob---these guys were on the TDR hot and heavy, but that's where we all were---

yes Scott from Massdiesel is one great guy---chris

I haven't seen his name listed on here but what about Jim"If you live like no one else" Fulmer. He's still around being sneaky but he was around back then. And always been a big help to me.

Fulmer posts here, Fuller I haven't heard from for awhile, talked to Dave Mitchell yesterday, EEP is still in Thornville working on Diesels. Craig Severson is still working there. Severson goes wayyy back, hes ancient.:hehe:

forgot about Craig....

the shops never really posted much on the forums--Loretta Mitchell did for ahwile, Keith from Diesel Dynamics did a lot and I think I see him post once in awhile now, DTT did & still does also but it's all Stefan posting, BD guys would also----Bullydog was in the fight also, still are, but they posted rarely.....

Cumminstrkin was/is Jim Fuller from Montana if I got it right....

Enterprise, Scheid's, Haisley's, Piers, SBC, DTT, Suncoast, BD, Bullydog, Edge, DR. P, Blue Chip, Diesel Dynamics & I'm forgettin some others were big contributors to our sport in some form or another......chris

I haven't seen his name listed on here but what about Jim"If you live like no one else" Fulmer. He's still around being sneaky but he was around back then. And always been a big help to me.

Travis your funny, still working the plan......complete on Sept!

DTT is still alive and well, Piers retired as did his wife and they bought and moved north into the hills.

Doug (Jet Pilot) is still around but flying around the world not just the states

How about Muncie 03' then driving up to Piers's place that Sept, what a great year.

Jim

yep its been fun, and still is.. i cant believe how excited it get to get out and play with diesels, pulls racin.. I havent done it in a while but i cant tell you how many people i drug home from the fuel pumps with the promise of "free" hp.. I always picture the old "the first ones free".. i think scott bbd prolly is one the biggest addicts lol

I went for my first ride in a dodge in 98-99, a family friend named Russ Craig had a 95 reg cab 2wd with some Banks parts on it, after that ride I knew that I wanted one. It was a show truck/tow rig that would win the show and shine at whatever event he went too, I remember Russ talking about either May Madness, or a Mopar show in Vegas. It's also from him that I first heard about Noel, Adam Winslett, Adam Sprague, TDR, and The San Jose Ram Runners.

I never got to meet Noel, but all the stories that I've heard make me wish that I did. I ended up getting my truck in 04 and immediately started hanging out at WINspeed, and next thing I know I had a wrench in my hand. 5 1/2 years later I'm still working with Winslett, hanging out with all these guys, and many more friends that I've met in the diesel community.

How about a shop from Jersey that talked about how they were gonna lay the smack down in a heads up class that would one day be called pro-street only to enter the brackets after they saw a hilljack from Georgia make a pass...
After seeing the polycarbonite body said hilljack was running- why bother? :hehe: Damn that was some moons ago......

After seeing the polycarbonite body said hilljack was running- why bother? :hehe: Damn that was some moons ago......

He was still running a steel body then..... it wasnt for 3-4 years that he got the gladd body... This was waaay before your time.

Back