A Decade In Review Were Are They Now ??

Your boys never put $hit from GA on the trailer...

LOL hey now, I never said they DID. . . . .

They didn't have the ideal platform to be stirrin up dem southern hilljacks anyhows.........

The truck they had- dubbed U-96, was a '96 2wd dually @ near full weight..... plus they were experiencing teething issues experimenting with Nitrous. I think I remember at least a half a dozen fragged HX40's back then in testing.......:hehe:

J.R. Adkins?
Eric McBride?
Gitchesum?

What about when Don Morrison was trying to figure out spray patterns, and angles with something called, electrode discharge machining.

Marco's post on TDR, "I cracked the Cummins ECM code".

Anybody have a picture of Jim Fulmer's dash on the dyno, pegged at 4krpm and 120mph?

Joe Donnely and sickly and his Ski Ramp dyno sheets, lol.

Chris Harlan, and greatest smoke stories thread?

Kwikkurt?

That's just a few guys I remember right off the top of my head...

Merrick

The first hot rod diesel experience for me was when my friend/coworker first bought adam sprauges (DZLFREK's) truck. I was instantly hooked. I can't explain how awesome the feeling of breaking those 35's loose at 50mph was... priceless. Lead me to buy my '94 back in '07 and haven't stopped modifying it since. And yes, adam, you have cost MANY people a lot of $ LOL and we all thank you for showing us on the west coast the true meaning of diesel power.

That video that chad linked is from when adam still owned it. He sold it in '04. Geez, that was already 6 years ago???

We cant forget about Dave Radzerez...He got me hooked. I remember a few times someone would complain about how there truck was runnin or how it pulled....he would hop in there truck and put like 15 or 20 ft on there distance with there own truck! One of the greatest!!!!! We all know what he's into nowa days!

Nowel was an awesome man, and I enjoyed the short time that I knew him went to his place a couple of times remember helping Chris put in the twins at his place out there in Half Moon Bay when I first got stationed here. Those two Adam guy's you mention are just nutz :)

BTW in the video that is is Adam's old truck but after he sold it I believe correct? I think he sold it before 2007.

I was going to post some old video's from the Diesel Central site but I see it is no more.

BBD

Who's Nutz? Kettle LOL

I remember taking a trip with my dad back in 96' or 97' to visit a man by the name of Jim Jessup so he could "tune" his brand new truck with a #11 plate and some 250 "Wildcat" injectors as Jim likes to call them. I know he still has his little 2 bay garage he works out of and probably two of the nicest/cleanest 12v trucks on the planet.

Before that my dad had a Suburban with a banks turbo kit on it, that was my gateway drug into this diesel world. Also have a few bad memories of a n/a Ford, I got really good at push starting vehicles with that thing. Wow, I haven't thought about this stuff in a long time... Nice thread!

saw a name in the tdr classifieds yesterday. I about ****, remember the name Rob Thomas? Gene, you were buddys with Rob right?

Yea, Rob was a good guy, until he made a few bad decisions and angered 99% of the TDR, haven't heard from him since.

I always thought the ear ring was odd, and I thought it totally funny that Rob Thomas was also the name of the singer of the band, Matchbox 20.

Merrick

First time I hooked against gene i beat him! didnt know who he was but i knew the only two trucks with white idle smoke that night was Dave Mitchell and some red truck! but both of them bounced and i went right by them with my auto! LOL!

All yea this was in New Castle Pa. around 02 or 03 think sleddy had twins back then and a tail pipe.

Lawrence County fairgrounds, I was fresh off the 2002 Thunder in Muncie 8000 open win, came down there to strut my stuff, went about 100 feet and launched vertical. Had no idea what went wrong, as it continued hook after hook, all summer.

Thanks to Greensburg Machine for straightening me out!

I drove 5 hours with my old auto with cut dv big injectors and built auto. And my stock dana 70 rear end. LOL! I guess ive been doing this a while too Gene! that was my third year pullin! There needs to be a senior tour or class! LOL!

Gene do u remember how many tractors were at that event! I dont ever think Ive seen that many at any other event ever! They were the good ones too! No farm tractors that night all high dollar big boys!

I'm so truck blind I dont even remember any other classes. Thast terrible.
Its also the night when this photo was taken/doctored:

Attachments

• spismyhero.jpg
    spismyhero.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 0
Back