Attention NADM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I see it is its all fine until "something bad" happens. Usually rules are placed upon something because of "something bad" happening. Thank God we have not had that happen to any of us. Is the possibility remote, ofcourse, few would do it if it were not, will it happen, I can guarantee it. Personally, I would rather see folks restricted than see anyone get killed, or seriously hurt. Is the highway more dangerous.....YES, but thats why there are speed limits, IE:restrictions. Trust me Pat, if it can happen, it eventually will. I want to see 1/4 mile racing, but I want to see it done where the threat to the racers and fans is minimized.

Yup.

It's already been done with sled pulling. But you will have to kill drugs too.

And in there lies the problem. Too many drug addicts! JUST SAY NO!!! :D

Wait, didn't you run nitrous? Denial is a symptom of addiction, and acceptance is the first step to recovery LOL

You could just make the bushing smaller for the trucks on spray right?

Will you swear on that? There is no pleasing you PAT, every single race you attend becomes a pissing match about something or someone that has wronged you. I will personally pay you to stay at home:rockwoot:! Understanding things that are out of someones control does not seem to compute with you. Quit trying to ruin our good times and stay at home.

Dennis

Send the check!

Did they notify you about the 1/8th rule?

The way I see it now, there are 6 trucks running cages that are overkill for what has been asked for in the past(11.50 roll bar), and those guys will tell you that they don't think it is enough........

Ever blown a tire at 130 MPH in a 4x4?

Fastest I've crashed was just over 120mph, but it was a bike.

I run speed rated tires our trucks that exceed the spec. Metal valve stems even.

I've been 175+ in both cars and bikes.

Why does a 2WD roll less?

RED HERRING ALERT -

The real issue is no racers except East guys were told until lanes.

Ever other item in the catalog needs to be brought out so that the issue dissolves.

Dennis claims it's just me, and from other events. Tim claims it's 4x4's, etc, etc, etc.

So argue about the weather, your dirty socks, or pizza topping. It doesn't change the facts of what happened.

Did they notify you about the 1/8th rule?

Yes I knew because I talked to other racers and sanctioning bodies a good bit before any race. I feel this information is the responsibility of the racers.

I know it doesn't say 1/8 mile in the rule book but it also doesn't say it's the 1/4 mile either.

Dennis

Does NHRDA have these same rules? I have heard they don't. If that is true, why not?

Why does a 2WD roll less?

Do they? We will not know until somebody wads one up, and I don't see any volunteers.

We are talking in freaking circles here. I admit that NADM dropped the ball and should have made the 8th mile thing clear to you. I can also see why you were not happy, but they have apologized and have told everyone why they have done what they have done. Unfortunately, this is all a moot point until somebody rolls(wrecks or whatever) the piss out of a 6k+ truck with a 11.50 bar in it and comes out fine.

Do they? We will not know until somebody wads one up, and I don't see any volunteers.

We are talking in freaking circles here. I admit that NADM dropped the ball and should have made the 8th mile thing clear to you. I can also see why you were not happy, but they have apologized and have told everyone why they have done what they have done. Unfortunately, this is all a moot point until somebody rolls(wrecks or whatever) the piss out of a 6k+ truck with a 11.50 bar in it and comes out fine.

RED HERRING ALERT

They did not "drop the ball". The decision was made in private, and kept private. It was not on the website, the flyers, the tech cards, nothing.

You could run any ET for a full quarter mile in 3 out of 4 classes.

Only one class was singled out. Hence, not safety related.

But thanks for the repetitive effort.

Which organization do you think the 4X4 guys are going to support Tim?

That is hard to say(because I doubt the 1/8 vs 1/4 will be the deciding factor)... I know that many will be running events form both very soon. It is not like the 4x4 guys did not see all of this coming..... They (well, most of them) have seen the writing on the wall for quite some time. Eventually, the 4x4's under all sanctioning bodies will have to deal with more rules than 2wds and cars do. The guy that have built and run them(4x4) competitively over the past few years at this level also knew that once somebody figured out how to get the 2wd to take off like a 4x4 it would all be over with but the crying as well.

But getting back to your question, I think they will support both. The NHRDA races in FL and NC are both on 8th mile tracks anyway, and most of the guys out here don't care about it that much from what I have seen. They would prefer to run the 1/4, but I doubt anyone would boycott an 8th.

See they really do exist.

red_herring.jpg

RED HERRING ALERT

They did not "drop the ball". The decision was made in private, and kept private. It was not on the website, the flyers, the tech cards, nothing.

You could run any ET for a full quarter mile in 3 out of 4 classes.

Only one class was singled out. Hence, not safety related.

But thanks for the repetitive effort.

You saying that you were told you could not run in the other 3 classes, and that the decision was kept in private just to mess with folks?

RED HERRING ALERT -

The real issue is no racers except East guys were told until lanes.

Did it ever occur to your pea sized brain that all of the East Coast racer's were all already registered NADM members and had recieved all of the official rules and regulations beforehand? Is it their fault you did not pre-register with the organization to obtain all the "Official" R & R's but relied on posts on a forum for them?:doh:

Last edited:
The 1/8 mile puts the Duramax at a disadvantage because of the defuel required for the Allison ( 4 gear changes before the 1/8 ). Just thinking out loud.

The 1/8 mile puts the Duramax at a disadvantage because of the defuel required for the Allison ( 4 gear changes before the 1/8 ). Just thinking out loud.

What if you leave in 2nd?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back