billet input shaft test.

My shaft was installed by Jeff Garmon on wedesday in the tranny that he built from my core. By sunday it looked like the pics show. Last time i looked thats 4 days. And if you could read i have stated 15 times that none of my trannys will lock in 1st gear. They all have to shift to 2nd first before they can loc-up. So your statement of "doing converter lock launches" is a LIE!

The only thing i can see you are saying is that Jeff Garmon did not build my tranny right and thats why it did what it did.

After this whole opie shaft thing i went back to a fresh HTS 47RH with TCS shafts,durms and other billet parts. It has made over 60 passes this past year and still was working great when it will pulled out when i sold the truck.

Side note. TCS shaft is still perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not one time did ever ask for a FREE shaft from you. I email you about what i need to do about getting it fixed. Thats when you started with your "I am not going to do anything about your shaft" replys.

At the time i got this shaft from Jeff your website said "2 year warrantee". No where did it say any thing about full competition trucks or anything like that.

This post was put up to show what happen to 3 shafts i have used. I can't help it if your shaft was the one that failed and you can't handle that.

I have read what you have stated. Now you got 4 days out of it where it was what you referred to as only a spool up originally. Heres the deal, you where running a loose converter and locked it while at at wot in a race truck that has much more than the 600 hp that was stated earlier by someone else in this thread. It was shock loaded and twisted. After finding out about application it was in I still offered to replace the shaft for $200 but obviously that isn’t what you wanted. And no I never implied anything about Jeff Garmons tranny build. It is very obvious he is a very fine builder with a long track record to back it up. You said I had a flaw in my manufacturing and did a hardness test to prove it, which it didn’t and then lied about the material I made it from. I do not use 300M. Yes I remember the part that you have almost 20 years as a machinist. The whole opie shaft thing caused you to buy another HTS transmission with fresh TCS parts, then you sell the truck. lol I really hope that truck you sold never breaks another part again.

My shaft was installed by Jeff Garmon on wedesday in the tranny that he built from my core. By sunday it looked like the pics show. Last time i looked thats 4 days. And if you could read i have stated 15 times that none of my trannys will lock in 1st gear. They all have to shift to 2nd first before they can loc-up. So your statement of "doing converter lock launches" is a LIE!

The only thing i can see you are saying is that Jeff Garmon did not build my tranny right and thats why it did what it did.

After this whole opie shaft thing i went back to a fresh HTS 47RH with TCS shafts,durms and other billet parts. It has made over 60 passes this past year and still was working great when it will pulled out when i sold the truck.

Side note. TCS shaft is still perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not one time did ever ask for a FREE shaft from you. I email you about what i need to do about getting it fixed. Thats when you started with your "I am not going to do anything about your shaft" replys.

At the time i got this shaft from Jeff your website said "2 year warrantee". No where did it say any thing about full competition trucks or anything like that.

This post was put up to show what happen to 3 shafts i have used. I can't help it if your shaft was the one that failed and you can't handle that.

I have not changed my website for several years before you bought that shaft. Please show me where the warrantee area is at on it. Yet once again somebody is lieing.

yes it was in the tranny for 4 days, it only went to the track 1 time. i dont live at a track and there not open every day of the week.
so stop dancing around the fact your shaft fail where other did not...
i guess you need to put on your website how your warranty works then. you buy my shaft, you break or twist my shaft, YOU GET THE SHAFT!

Man Up OPIE!

yes it was in the tranny for 4 days, it only went to the track 1 time. i dont live at a track and there not open every day of the week.
so stop dancing around the fact your shaft fail where other did not...
i guess you need to put on your website how your warranty works then. you buy my shaft, you break or twist my shaft, YOU GET THE SHAFT!

Man Up OPIE!

Well thanks for your free testing, opinions, guesses and advice. I hope the truck you sold does well in racing and things are now going better for you since selling it.

I know of a 800+ HP CR that has broke two TCS inputs Then upgraded to Opies phat shaft without a problem since... Its not rocket science here, there's nothing bulletproof and we all have our own resposibility in respecting the limitations of parts... I have a Opie Billet input shaft in my truck and I plan on making some big power and go racing, since I'm not blindly building a truck I know that I need to plan on upgrading to a phat shaft setup or I'm sometime or other going to break a regular Billet input, regardless of the manufacture....

Lavon

Agreed! I have my own business as well and I tell people we make mistakes, but the difference between me and some others is that I will fix mine no matter what cost to me. My dad told me when I first started my business was; (the only thing you have that someone else can not take away from you is you word, so don't give it away).

X2.

You cant pick and choose who you warranty parts for, unless its printed in the warranty.

Well thanks for your free testing, opinions, guesses and advice. I hope the truck you sold does well in racing and things are now going better for you since selling it.

thing with my truck were going better from the day i removed your shaft from the tranny.
thanks for the waste of time trying your shaft and most of all thanks for wasting everybodys time that has everhad to deal with youin the past!

thing with my truck were going better from the day i removed your shaft from the tranny.
thanks for the waste of time trying your shaft and most of all thanks for wasting everybodys time that has everhad to deal with youin the past!

It's ok, you can ignore all of those on here that have had great luck with Opie and his product.. Only see what you want to see, right? :clap:

pull your head up from opie's lap long enough to see i am talking about all the people that have had to deal with him with problems.
i am sure there are people that have not had problems with opie's shafts and i know people that have had problems with othere shafts.

the other company's will stand behind there parts and from what i see in this thread opie will not.

pull your head up from opie's lap long enough to see i am talking about all the people that have had to deal with him with problems.
i am sure there are people that have not had problems with opie's shafts and i know people that have had problems with othere shafts.

the other company's will stand behind there parts and from what i see in this thread opie will not.

You can't spell, you can't make a decent post, your posts contradict themselves, you can't read a post to save your life, and piss poor comebacks on top of that? There is no way you're as dumb as you make it appear online..

if a warranty is stated....... then its a warranty that should be upheld.....period..... dont want to warranty your parts dont state any warranty

either way- i dont have a opie shaft- but i have twisted a TCS shaft

I know of a 800+ HP CR that has broke two TCS inputs Then upgraded to Opies phat shaft without a problem since... Its not rocket science here, there's nothing bulletproof and we all have our own resposibility in respecting the limitations of parts... I have a Opie Billet input shaft in my truck and I plan on making some big power and go racing, since I'm not blindly building a truck I know that I need to plan on upgrading to a phat shaft setup or I'm sometime or other going to break a regular Billet input, regardless of the manufacture....

Lavon

Ok so your comparing a shaft with a larger diameter to a stock diameter shaft and this proves what? I's sure a larger diameter cast shaft is stronger than the stock one. Not sure what your comparison is here. Lets also just ignore the fact the tranny was gone thru and the TC changed out as well.

I make 800+hp and run a sonnax shaft and just went through the tranny and have had no issues what does that prove?

Not trying to be a prick just saying we need to compare apples to apples here.

Ok so your comparing a shaft with a larger diameter to a stock diameter shaft and this proves what? I's sure a larger diameter cast shaft is stronger than the stock one. Not sure what your comparison is here. Lets also just ignore the fact the tranny was gone thru and the TC changed out as well.

I make 800+hp and run a sonnax shaft and just went through the tranny and have had no issues what does that prove?

Not trying to be a prick just saying we need to compare apples to apples here.

The two TCS shafts that failed were the same size as the one BigDodge twisted... thats apples to apples... I say if your over 800+HP and you expect your stock size billet shaft to last forever then you either have a dyno queen or never plan on doing a lot of hard boosted launches at the drag strip. These shafts take quite a beating but they ALL have a chance of breaking at the 800+ HP level in competition.

Lavon

The ONLY transmission set up that has gone untouched since its original install in my truck is an ultimate w/ opies phat shafts. 80k now daily driving towing and my usual immature antics in heavy truck rolling 37's with near 1k to the ground. Can't say that for four other setups that never saw over 650. I am sold...an have been trouble free. Thanks for a great product...

The two TCS shafts that failed were the same size as the one BigDodge twisted... thats apples to apples... I say if your over 800+HP and you expect your stock size billet shaft to last forever then you either have a dyno queen or never plan on doing a lot of hard boosted launches at the drag strip. These shafts take quite a beating but they ALL have a chance of breaking at the 800+ HP level in competition.

Lavon

Apples to apples would be put a stock sized opie shaft in the truck that twisted 2 stock sized TCS shafts.

Everything Bigdodge did was with stock sized shafts. Everything I had found was that the 1 piece sonnax appears to be the most consistent in a quality shaft. If you don't believe me do your due diligence, and ask around lots of folks. It won't take you long to figure out what is what.

That being said the phat shaft setup from Opie is a pretty impressive piece, and with the sheer difference in size alone should handle substantially more torque.

You can't spell, you can't make a decent post, your posts contradict themselves, you can't read a post to save your life, and piss poor comebacks on top of that? There is no way you're as dumb as you make it appear online..

and you can't build any thing with power so you have to kiss opie's a$$ to make yourshelf feel good.

it kills me how the opie shaft lasted 1 day at the track and the TCS has lasted all year. Both are stock size, both in same truck. the only thing that was not the same was tranny builders.
so now what? is it the tranny builder that is at fault?

piont is opie's shaft failed where TCS's did not.

Lavon

forever no but more then 1 day.

and you can't build any thing with power so you have to kiss opie's a$$ to make yourshelf feel good.

If it makes you feel better to act like a 2 year old, then that's your choice.. I don't have an auto, and Opie has never helped me with my truck. I've seen his shafts used plenty at the track, time and time again without fail. You however, make it perfectly clear as to why no one would want to deal with you.

Back