D&J Executioner

I’ll go as far as saying it will be fine anywhere other than California. Go figure lol

Certainly not one of the several running around currently

Correct, I am referencing the 12 valve pile that showed up to UCC in 2018.

I may be being a d!ck, but I don't see any of the current all aluminum Cummins style power plants as all that innovative.

All that is moot and it's stupid to think gassers will see the same crackdown... you don't get that "scary" black cloud.

I think the barriers that have been brokem are awesome as do others. Yet the neuce has never been tighter than now and frankly the epa crackdown is very clear.... currently the definition of purpose built for anything post 07 doesn't exist.

Point blank. End of story. Whether it hurt your feelings or not, I'd hate to be the guy to spend $30-40k+ on a built race engine all to find out a yr or 2 later it can't be run.

End users aren't the target, but it's ignorant to think this crackdown is going away.

30-40k is a drop in the bucket for a race engine. Why would you not be able to run one in a purpose built race car or puller as this engine has been designed for? The sky inst falling as quickly as some would have you believe.

Not to take anything from Lavon or drew but

If it is a game changing motor, now drag racers will need to buy this engine to be competitive. So are fewer drag trucks built now that this could be the go to engine?

This engine is almost useless for sled pulling. Ss class only. And we all know the dinosaur is king on fuel only.

Using the Bosch standalone there is infinite tuning. If it’s tuned the way everything else is tuned with only minor changes made don’t expect a huge diff in numbers. Without a big change in tuning I expect numbers to be close to the enforcer numbers.

Lastly. Fuel. You have more air. (So we are told). Are the injectors enough? When you get a truck tuned the biggest question asked is what size injector? Ex manifold, rocker arms, girdle, rods, block etc are never asked about. So once again. Big bad motor still same injector, so same result?

I’m all for pushing the cr ahead of the dinosaur. I really hope this is a step in the right direction.

Last edited:
30-40k is a drop in the bucket for a race engine. Why would you not be able to run one in a purpose built race car or puller as this engine has been designed for? The sky inst falling as quickly as some would have you believe.

For sure, hell when we were running Big Blocks, a complete new engine with the latest and greatest was $50k+ and small blocks now are creeping into the $50k range. Id bet the engine D&J is building is farrrrr beyond that with all the r&d involved with starting from scratch. These are purpose built, and as of now the EPA is more concerned with adapting road designed and built engines for competition use. If you're really concerned, be sure to support the RPM act!

I’m all for pushing the cr ahead of the dinosaur. I really hope this is a step in the right direction.

I can't see it as a step in the wrong direction.
D&J, along with Firepunk, have experienced about every failure most other folks have yet to run into. I see this monster as the result of their failures.

For sure, hell when we were running Big Blocks, a complete new engine with the latest and greatest was $50k+ and small blocks now are creeping into the $50k range. Id bet the engine D&J is building is farrrrr beyond that with all the r&d involved with starting from scratch. These are purpose built, and as of now the EPA is more concerned with adapting road designed and built engines for competition use. If you're really concerned, be sure to support the RPM act!

Oh god yeah..... that block and manifold alone are likely $50k.

I just want to see the machining of the block and all the shavings lol.

And 50K is becoming a drop in the bucket now. I have seen long blocks in the 80K range and 540+ cu. in.. Bad *ss setups to be certain and 3K+ hp capable. Having seen a few of them up close and taking to the cars owners the amount of R&D and resigned of conventional systems is incredible. And like you said, 50K+ on an engine is nothing becauseof the additional 20K+ that they spend on everything else is just a 3rd of the costs when rolling chassis can be close to 150-200K dollars.

Having been to fastest street car shoot out a few times. Nothing like seeing a 200K plus car their and a few spare motors in a trailer. Those guys take that seriously.

On a side note, I am excited to see what D&J and Firepunk can do. They have been working together for some time and they are reaching the limits of what the factory designs can do. This motor should be half the weight and worth a few tenths on weight alone. Maybe in the future we will see 3K+ HP out of this setup or something similar. I would not doubt as they learn about this motor they will make changes to the design of it.

Correct, I am referencing the 12 valve pile that showed up to UCC in 2018.

I may be being a d!ck, but I don't see any of the current all aluminum Cummins style power plants as all that innovative.

You mean the one that was the longblock consisted of parts that they deemed not good enough to sell, that was a last minute thought, with a touchy fuel system that wasn't very chassis dyno friendly, that came in a close second place on the dyno while smoking the tires on the rollers and that both engine dyno numbers and slippage calculations said it clearly made more power than the dyno queen that won?

Yeah, that engine was a piece of sh!t.

You mean the one that was the longblock consisted of parts that they deemed not good enough to sell, that was a last minute thought, with a touchy fuel system that wasn't very chassis dyno friendly, that came in a close second place on the dyno while smoking the tires on the rollers and that both engine dyno numbers and slippage calculations said it clearly made more power than the dyno queen that won?

Yeah, that engine was a piece of sh!t.
His vagueness allows it to be whatever engine didn't perform...among the several billet engines out there.

Not to take anything from Lavon or drew but

If it is a game changing motor, now drag racers will need to buy this engine to be competitive. So are fewer drag trucks built now that this could be the go to engine?

I feel like this can be said about all motorsports. Cubic dollars > Cubic inches, and unfortunately for most, it prices them out of competition. But hey, thats why we have different classes of competition, to let the big dawgs eat, and let the small guys fight for the peanuts.

His vagueness allows it to be whatever engine didn't perform...among the several billet engines out there.

You're right, I should've stated the engine directly. It was touted as most innovative that spring. And then it was shelved or scrapped three months later.

I am not saying that D&J may not end up scrapping their design. But I know they have over 18 months into the block and head alone.

Last edited:
I'm lost with some of these comments. Are you guys thinking the dyno motor lavon ran past UCC with the sigma was a "billet" engine?

I'd guess they'll be able to make significant tuning changes with the added sensors of this engine. Probably won't pass the current SS pulling engines, but I'd guess this isn't necessarily meant for that. Also the peak number isn't necessarily the thing to focus on, but the curve itself, how the power comes on, and how they can use it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The superstock diesel trucks don't need any more power,they can't use what they got now.Most good drivers don't go full throttle till half track or further & still blow the tires off.

I'm lost with some of these comments. Are you guys thinking the dyno motor lavon ran past UCC with the sigma was a "billet" engine?

They’re referring to Derek roses billet 12v common rail with top feed injectors. I highly doubt they are done With it, I believe it was Wagler built

Back