D&J Executioner

what i found interesting about the video dropped yesterday. They seemed more excited about the data than the numbers. being able to read cylinder pressures and using enough nitrous that it blew out the flame... They are literally just starting to play now. be VERY interested to see what they learn from this.

what i found interesting about the video dropped yesterday. They seemed more excited about the data than the numbers. being able to read cylinder pressures and using enough nitrous that it blew out the flame... They are literally just starting to play now. be VERY interested to see what they learn from this.

This is what has kept me interested from the start. It made big power but the data they learned is so much more valuable.

As a literal outsider.... both the pulling community and the "advance the sport" community have their points. The really interesting thing to me will be longevity based on stress to the block.

CGI blocks have proved to be great light weight and incredibly strong blocks with no where near the cost.

The 2019+ factory 6.7 has many many many light weight and strong components that may provide similar benefits.

Innovation is expensive for both the consumer and the company developing. Just look at the built 68s which still aren't 100%.

I do find it awesome when a puller pokes fun at the dyno and references spiking ththe graph by "dropping" to 4200ish rpm.

Guys this unit popped 3200 HP on literally it's 2nd dyno session.

Lemmie say that again for those who cant seem to hear above the sound of Nitrous solenoids....

THIS UNIT POPPED THIRTY TWO PHUCKING HUNDRED HORSEPOWER ON IT'S 2ND DYNO SESSION.

Literally a brand new, unexplored platform. Think about that.

And before anyone says "anyone could do it if they had a billet blah, blah, blah.........." Show me examples...............

TIA

It is cool but 3200hp was done like 6 years ago, on fuel, with a cast block and head..... Those numbers are much higher now days....... On fuel........

I'm just not a nitrous fan, giggle gas can make any engine come alive.... I would be much more impressed if they came on here and said it did 2400hp on fuel with a 98mm turbo. Then I would say that's a pretty sweet number...

Now I do understand why the gas is used for drag racing. The power to weight ratio without having to have big intercoolers or more chargers to make a engine stay cool is another thing.

But yall do realize if this was WADE coming on here bragging about a 3k hp number on gas y'all would be busting his balls all day long

it may just be me. but the people who say N02 is blasphemous sound an awful like the ones who used to say turbocharging was blasphemous when you could just stick to supercharging.

Keep in mind we built a engine for drag racing... We would not build the same thing for a 3.0 puller or a super stock puller.

Can we spy a dyno sheet? Data log? Anything? What was max rpm achieved?

Damned double fist bumps for all involved, but you throwing us bread crumbs for info.. .:poke:

Last edited:
You must be phucking stubborn....... :poke:. :poke:

*nx*:rockwoot:

No I've just seen 600hp street trucks sprayed to over 1500hp

I understand it's more less a customer's engine... I'm all for innovation whatever you want to call it..... I just don't feel that spraying a motor proves anything. If you want to prove how good this innovative cylinder head is, see how big of single it will run and the power it makes on fuel. Then I feel that's a real accomplishment.

it may just be me. but the people who say N02 is blasphemous sound an awful like the ones who used to say turbocharging was blasphemous when you could just stick to supercharging.

Why should you need 2 power adders to make power..... Whens the last time you seen a turbo gas motor running around with nitrous lines on it.

No I've just seen 600hp street trucks sprayed to over 1500hp

I understand it's more less a customer's engine... I'm all for innovation whatever you want to call it..... I just don't feel that spraying a motor proves anything. If you want to prove how good this innovative cylinder head is, see how big of single it will run and the power it makes on fuel. Then I feel that's a real accomplishment.

No you’re confused.... RD polishes his engine bay and jack stands with the compressed NO2. His new trucks gonna be called “permafrost”...... Ice-cold and aged just sitten still!

It is cool but 3200hp was done like 6 years ago, on fuel, with a cast block and head..... Those numbers are much higher now days....... On fuel........

I'm just not a nitrous fan, giggle gas can make any engine come alive.... I would be much more impressed if they came on here and said it did 2400hp on fuel with a 98mm turbo. Then I would say that's a pretty sweet number...

Now I do understand why the gas is used for drag racing. The power to weight ratio without having to have big intercoolers or more chargers to make a engine stay cool is another thing.

But yall do realize if this was WADE coming on here bragging about a 3k hp number on gas y'all would be busting his balls all day long

D&J isn’t the one coming on here and bragging about hitting over 3k. I also believe they are no where near being finished either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t think this is the case but For anyone that was thinking I was in anyway putting down this project let me make clear my original question was about how they were making the power on a single turbo, non-intercooler, non NOX engine. Once I was told they were using NOX it all made sense. I don’t really care whether it’s a fuel only engine or not. ��

I was expecting a lot more at first, but then reality kicks in and it’s really only meant to be lightweight, not an earth shattering power house. The cylinder pressure data is next level though.

I’ve gotta give firepunk props for being a step ahead, Wade came out and gave them a run for their money. Then they bust out the billet everything engine to go faster. Haha wade better watch out next year!

I was expecting a lot more at first, but then reality kicks in and it’s really only meant to be lightweight, not an earth shattering power house. The cylinder pressure data is next level though.

I’ve gotta give firepunk props for being a step ahead, Wade came out and gave them a run for their money. Then they bust out the billet everything engine to go faster. Haha wade better watch out next year!

The engine wasn't Firepunks hold back. Wade had a dramatically better chassis setup. Its obvious from that vid from the race that "IF" the Firepunk truck would've instantly hooked they would have taken the W.

On the subject of fuel only vs nitrous assisted, did I misunderstand what was meant when they said they were using as little fuel as they could to help keep temps in check. I kinda thought the intent of this engine was to loose weight, and with the monitoring, be able to have a very precise tune up, for maximum longevity? Perhaps toss one of these heads on a triple turbo SS pulling engine and see what it does. Drew is no stranger to pulling, I'm sure if he sees a need or a customer, he'll head to that crowd as well. When the customers are primarily driving for a racing engine, you build racing engines.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

No you’re confused.... RD polishes his engine bay and jack stands with the compressed NO2. His new trucks gonna be called “permafrost”...... Ice-cold and aged just sitten still!

It is a cool build don't get me wrong but guys thinking a 3200hp turbo motor with nitrous is earth shattering are what I'm laughing at. Yes it's cool but it's no different than what industrial has been doing for years that everyone busts their balls all over for using nitrous for big Numbers..

I understand this motor was built for a specific purpose. But so is schieds rail. And makes dang near 3k on fuel with no intercooler. What kinda of number you think it would do with 12 jets strapped to it.

Back