Gap in classes???

That is another thing in Super Street I noticed the 2wds had a hard time competing with DOTs against 4X4's

Mickey Thompson makes a pretty good dot approved tire.

I believe the Red Rocket on the west coast runs them and i also believe the Stucky Crew runs them in the east.

I believe the Red Rocket on the west coast runs them and i also believe the Stucky Crew runs them in the east.

Are you talking about Mickey Thompson slicks or drag radials? Hoss runs some kind of slick, I didn't know it was DOT approved. We run Mickey Thompson drag radials on Max'd Out.

2 wheel drive trucks should be allowed to run a dot approved slick
I think thats only fair to have them compete with 4x4s

I believe they are called Mickey Thompson ET's they are dot approved and have small grooves in tires to make them street legal. They are not a true slick but close

et_street.jpg

ET Street
Worlds Fastest D.O.T. Class Race Tire.

World's Fastest D.O.T. class race tire. Same great features as our race winning ET Drag with a D.O.T. stamp that meets the rulebook specifications for street tire classes. Tube type for extra sidewall strength, better air retention, and more consistent ET’s.

D.O.T. Approved
Compounded For Maximum Traction
Requires Little or No Burnout
Engineered For Consistent Performance
Acceptable practice for rim width is tread width plus or minus 1''.

IMPORTANT: ALL DRAG DRIVE TIRES MUST BE MATCHED TO BE WITHIN 1/2'' ROLL OUT.

CAUTION: It is not recommended that radial and non-radial tires be mixed on the same vehicle..

ISomeone stated earlier in this thread and I agree , we need more competitors out supporting events and filling up the classes,

Hey, I've been trying to fill the classes at all the races I can make it to :hehe:

I believe they are called Mickey Thompson ET's they are dot approved and have small grooves in tires to make them street legal. They are not a true slick but close

et_street.jpg

ET Street

World's Fastest D.O.T. class race tire. Same great features as our race winning ET Drag with a D.O.T. stamp that meets the rulebook specifications for street tire classes. Tube type for extra sidewall strength, better air retention, and more consistent ET’s.

D.O.T. Approved

CAUTION: It is not recommended that radial and non-radial tires be mixed on the same vehicle..

I'm assuming these would be legal for Superstreet then?

For the few trucks that run strong in superstreet come this big argument about gaps in the classes. Is it because people don't like losing or what. I mean next race you guys go to pay attension to how many actual 10 and 11 second trucks are there.

For the few trucks that run strong in superstreet come this big argument about gaps in the classes. Is it because people don't like losing or what. I mean next race you guys go to pay attension to how many actual 10 and 11 second trucks are there.

Look at it from the point of view of someone trying to move up in classes from ET that to go to the next class up and be competative you are talking a big jump in speed! and to be competative the trucks are running 10 sec and less! and that is this year! what about next year? there are a lot of trucks out there in the 12 sec range that we can encourage to race! How are we going to encurage people to move up in classes when there is such a big jump in requirements to be competative!

You can probably use those in a 2nd gen truck but it doesn't work with a 3rd gen with 17" wheels.

If they are drag radials they don't stick. I bought a new pair of MT305/45/18 et street drag radials and did nothing but blow them away.

et_street.jpg

ET Street

If that's a drag radial I can tell you first hand they don't stick. I bought a new pair at Indy 305/45/18 et street drag radials and did nothing but blow them away.

D.O.T. Approved

We run the street drag radials on our truck, so does Max'd out racing and we have really good luck with them so not too sure why you would have issues with them.

Also the Mickey T tires above are not a radial. They are the closest thing to a true slick you can get but still drive them on the street. I know a few prostreet guys around here with cars that drive them all the time with those tires.

Last edited:
Ahh.. That makes sense. Try the MH racemaster Cheater slicks. I know some guys that are running them and they seem to hook really good

Ahh.. That makes sense. Try the MH racemaster Cheater slicks. I know some guys that are running them and they seem to hook really good

I put 5 passes on the MT's then got the M&H tires you mentioned. Night and day difference between the 2 tires. I can hook the M&H's.:rockwoot: I had run the M&H nostalgia slicks for 4 years and loved them. BUT they weren't DOT.

At the NADP August Blackout, there were 20+ SS trucks. 6-8 in the 10's, 6-8 in the low to mid 11's, one of the trucks in the finals i think ran low 12's. It might have run a high 11. Point is he got a few breaks with broken trucks and made it to the finals. I say leave it and maybe increase weight 500lbs. ( for the ford guys LOL) and maybe get rid of slicks altogether.

At the NADP August Blackout, there were 20+ SS trucks. 6-8 in the 10's, 6-8 in the low to mid 11's, one of the trucks in the finals i think ran low 12's. It might have run a high 11. Point is he got a few breaks with broken trucks and made it to the finals. I say leave it and maybe increase weight 500lbs. ( for the ford guys LOL) and maybe get rid of slicks altogether.

Cant kill the DOT slicks.... most all of the 4x4s that run into the 10s are on Drag Radials, a 2wd truck don't have a chance with pair of radials on the back vs a 4x4

Cant kill the DOT slicks.... most all of the 4x4s that run into the 10s are on Drag Radials, a 2wd truck don't have a chance with pair of radials on the back vs a 4x4

Leave drag radials for the 2wd's or even for everyone, I was throwing out ideas. there are lots of guys (myself included) that have run 10's on proxes or a similar tire. raise min. weight 500-700lbs. for the most part the guys running under 65-6700lbs. are the race dedicated trucks that technically can drive on the street but aren't street trucks.

Back