Gap in classes???

SUPER STREET, OE equipted, i mean the way the truck came from the dealer is the way you race it, a ford with a powerstroke 5r110 crew cab 4X4 is the way it gets raced, strip weight fine, basically no shortening of the frames, no conversions, no duraflights for the chev guys, a chev came with the allison and it's oe equipment. stock appearance, body,frame wise, that would take ct performance and max'd out guys out of the class, what this would do is leave the class to more daily drivers, being an oe equipted class you wouldn't have as many deticated race trucks

and raise the min weight to 6500, 95% of the trucks in superstreet have no problem making that weight. theres a white truck out there that has to have there tail gate on to make weight

SUPER STREET, OE equipted, i mean the way the truck came from the dealer is the way you race it, a ford with a powerstroke 5r110 crew cab 4X4 is the way it gets raced, strip weight fine, basically no shortening of the frames, no conversions, no duraflights for the chev guys, a chev came with the allison and it's oe equipment. stock appearance, body,frame wise, that would take ct performance and max'd out guys out of the class, what this would do is leave the class to more daily drivers, being an oe equipted class you wouldn't have as many deticated race trucks
We'll put an allison back in it. The frame and body are factory as is the suspension.

and raise the min weight to 6500, 95% of the trucks in superstreet have no problem making that weight. theres a white truck out there that has to have there tail gate on to make weight
If you are talking about us, we went over the rules very closely at the beginning of the year and built the truck accordingly. We orginally put the truck together for pro street, but the weight limits changed and at 6200lbs we thought we'd be more competitive in the new super street class rules. Adding 300lbs isn't going to stop the truck from running in the low 10's or faster.

Super Street

I would love to see the rules like what Shawn proposed. My truck with me in it is under the 6000 lbs limit. I still think it should be closer to 6500 and must have all the int and be like a real driveable truck. I think the weight should stay up around a real world street truck weight. What is everyone going to do when someone shows up with a real purpose built truck and blows the class sideways? Cagedfury comes to mind. If Dennis decides to put nitrous on the truck it would be legal and would make more than enough power to run in the 8's. Could he keep it together, I don't know but the power would be there. Hell open up the driveline rules so I can put a dropbox and a lenco in mine. Somewhere someway there needs to be some limits on all the classes. Theres not enough racers now so we shure don't need to run any off. Jeff

Maybe also raise pro street weight to encourage trucks like CT, Maxed Out, Caged Fury and some of the other trucks in the 9-very low tens to enter.

I'm pretty sure that Caged Fury if it holds together will take the Superstreet record pretty much out of reach at the Eastern Regional Finals on the 24th of Oct with the new tranny set up and especially if he decided to add NOS. I have no problem with that, but it certainly doesn't stay within the original intent of the class;

NHRDA Super-Street Class
The Super-Street class is designed for your typical weekend warrior with a modified daily driver. These trucks usually serve double duty by hauling the family camper or boat, then making sub 12 second passes down the quarter mile. Often times racers in this class have graduated from the Sportsman ET class.
Super-Street vehicles must meet NHRDA tire and weight requirements along with NHRA tech and safety requirements.

Max'd Out really doesn't either. The truck is street legal and licensed, but it would want to make it a grocery getter with the cage, race seat and spool in the rearend.

I have no problem going up in weight, a 6,500 minimum for 4x4 and a 6,000 minimum for 2x4 for Superstreet is fine with me. I don't really have any problem with sticking with OEM engines and trannies either as long as it stops there and there isn't any turbo size limit or limit on NOS or h2o/meth or propane if someone wants to run it.

We do need to act pretty quick if there are going to be rule changes as I personally know of at least three more builds that are just getting started and knowing the rules is paramount to which trannies are going to be used.

I don't know if it's a good idea to change the weights in the Prostreet class, I think they are pretty good the way they are. The big hitters in superstreet should either have to figure out a way to make their trucks competitive in Prostreet or add weight. My .02

Super Street

I think 2wd should weigh the same! I think a 2wd will kill the class when someone steps up with a real truck made to the rules. Less rotating/drag and with a good chassis it will work alot better. I fear the 2wd not so much the 4x4 trucks. I'm putting in bigger injectors,bigger turbo,bigger nos and a tranny refresh to see just how fast I can get mine to go. I guess time will tell on how this class shakes out. There is a few fast trucks that could run in S/S now and run under the record if they wanted too. Jeff

S/S rules

Good luck Ken next weekend. Dennis can't run S/S this yeas as he didn't qualify for the class. It's just a matter of time before others step them up. Jeff

Ok well stock chassis class... that rules us out if you really want to get serious, and our truck is also licenced and street legal I my self have driven it to our toen and that is driving it on 3 miles of gravel first.

There should be another class made but why make the fast super street guys suffer and have to go into prostreet, make a class for the slower "street" guys and go with that.

We followed the rules the same as Max'd out did and we weigh in at 6165.

I agree there should be another class made but dont make us suffer and put us into prostreet, thats a whole new ball game when you do that.

As for OEM equiped, Im pretty sure if we built a truck exactly the way ours is now but in a regular long box chassis we would be pretty close to running the same as we are now.

Good luck Ken next weekend. Dennis can't run S/S this yeas as he didn't qualify for the class. It's just a matter of time before others step them up. Jeff

I don't know if that is good or bad. Kind of wanted to see that truck really do a number on the record. We'll do our best next weekend, and I'll be in Bowling Green to watch you guys. I was coming back to Missouri to visit a friend after Boise so decided to delay my trip a bit so we could drop down to Bowling Green and see the Eastern Finals. Looking forward to seeing you again Jeff and meeting all the rest of the guys. Ken

heads up prostreet. run what u brung. 4500lbs
heads up 10.5
heads up 12.0
et bracket.
this way if you fast enough to run prostreet and over 4500lbs there you a class.
if your not then 10.5 heads up is your class.
i am at 5027lbs with our truck and we went 9.48@144.6mph on et streets friday so that makes me good for superstreet but i will be running prostreet were the trucks belongs.
there is no need to talk about starting any new classes intil we start get ALOT more truck to race.
it is no fun to watch 3 trucks race in each class. get the truck count up then talk about making classes to fit everybody.

heads up prostreet. run what u brung. 4500lbs
heads up 10.5
heads up 12.0
et bracket.
this way if you fast enough to run prostreet and over 4500lbs there you a class.
if your not then 10.5 heads up is your class.
i am at 5027lbs with our truck and we went 9.48@144.6mph on et streets friday so that makes me good for superstreet but i will be running prostreet were the trucks belongs.
there is no need to talk about starting any new classes intil we start get ALOT more truck to race.
it is no fun to watch 3 trucks race in each class. get the truck count up then talk about making classes to fit everybody.

I like these classes. I also agree on the need for getting the trucks to the events first.

A lot of good points in this thread! For me though, I just show up and race:snoop: It's more a competition with myself as far as how fast I go and the comrodery with the other racers than anything else. If I happen to place, thats icing on the cake!! I sure as hell don't do it for the money!! LOL

puting an index on classes sucks, you know what, leave the classes alone for one more year seeing how there were more trucks in the parking lot than there were racing, come out have fun and lets see what happens next year

I don't know if that is good or bad. Kind of wanted to see that truck really do a number on the record. We'll do our best next weekend, and I'll be in Bowling Green to watch you guys. I was coming back to Missouri to visit a friend after Boise so decided to delay my trip a bit so we could drop down to Bowling Green and see the Eastern Finals. Looking forward to seeing you again Jeff and meeting all the rest of the guys. Ken

Ken, Make sure you stop by and say Hi:rockwoot:

Back