Gap in classes???

Heads up run what you brung. the more rules you make the *****in you will hear. why would you want to make people add weight. that makes trucks break more parts. we should have our new 4x4 pro street truck ready by april or may. it will be under 5000lbs and will have the same motor set up as our 2wd truck.

Just tossing out ideas. We are building a 2 wheel drive prostreet truck, would like to know exactly what the rules will be. Don't think there is much problem with the way prostreet is set up. I agree lighter is better since you can run less hp and get the same speed. What happened to your truck at BG I didn't get a chance to talk to you after you broke?

welded 4th gear clutchs together. putting it back together tomorrow and going to test it sunday.

Heads up run what you brung. the more rules you make the *****in you will hear. why would you want to make people add weight. that makes trucks break more parts. we should have our new 4x4 pro street truck ready by april or may. it will be under 5000lbs and will have the same motor set up as our 2wd truck.

So you say your 2wd is 5000lbs? Now you have built a 4wd and it weighs 5000lbs? You are amazing!LOL I bet you keep the cost under $500.00 as wellLOL

the 2wd is 4860lbs if you want to split hairs. and yes the 4x4 will be @ 5k. 4x4 1500 std cab short box with the old 2wd motor,9'' front and rear, and lots of plastic. the 2wd truck will be getting a whole new motor for next year. and when i am done i will still not have as much in 2 truck as you do i one!

the 2wd is 4860lbs if you want to split hairs. and yes the 4x4 will be @ 5k. 4x4 1500 std cab short box with the old 2wd motor,9'' front and rear, and lots of plastic. the 2wd truck will be getting a whole new motor for next year. and when i am done i will still not have as much in 2 truck as you do i one!

Maybe someday you'll hit the lottery and things will look upLOL. Please invest in some paint on the new one.

nope.flat black for both of them next year. i dont need bling to make me feel better. it only needs to be pretty if you have to push it back off the starting line.

nope.flat black for both of them next year. i dont need bling to make me feel better. it only needs to be pretty if you have to push it back off the starting line.

Or you continue to blow oil on the track. Would you like me to sponsor some spray bomb for youLOL

This is gonna be a good winter. I guess it was in 30s this morn in KY. Are the beavers that cold already Dennis?

This is gonna be a good winter. I guess it was in 30s this morn in KY. Are the beavers that cold already Dennis?

I built them a cage in the shop and shoot them with a paintball gun everyday for amusement.....It really pisses them off!

We are back from SEMA and the 2009 season is in the books. We have started to review everyone’s input and look at the classes for the 2010 season.

We always strive to mirror NHRA and its classes when possible. The NHRA Super Street Class is described as:
Super Street
At NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series races and select NHRA POWERade Drag Racing Series events, Super Street racers compete on a 10.90-second standard, .5 second pro tree. All vehicles must be full-bodied cars with full fenders, hood, grill, top, windshield, and functional doors.”

Thoughts? :pop:

I'd say you're really narrowing your field. To have more than 5 trucks in that field at one race would be asking a lot

how about 11.90?

The problem with that is you are basically creating huge gap between the 12.00 min. bracket class and Prostreet which should be seeing 9's or 8's next year.

No room for 10 or 11 second trucks.

The problem with that is you are basically creating huge gap between the 12.00 min. bracket class and Prostreet which should be seeing 9's or 8's next year.

No room for 10 or 11 second trucks.

Have to agree with Jerry on this one.

Back