Hydrogen generators on Diesels, How come no discussion? 60 MPG Duramax?!?

Where does the potentiometer go? Between the ref and ground, or ref and 5v, or 5v and ground?

Merrick

There's 3 wires hook up to to the pot. One is ground, you cut the wire going from the map to the pcm and tie into that with the 2 other wires. Attaching two wires from the enhancer to each side of the wire from the map itself.

Map sensor enhancer definitely made a huge difference in fuel economy, it obviously decreased power due to leaning out the fuel but I get the power back with the turn of a knob. Don't have exact numbers for you and definitely won't for a while :clap: but I think I may just buy the scan gauge II because a lot of people I know are buying generators and making them and are having me give them a hand and you can tune them easier with the scan gauge on gas vehicles and that's mostly what I'll be working on.

Was wondering if you have gotten any reults for your mileage after the MAP change? Thinking of putting this or somethig like it on my H1.

Yes, I have been answering numerous pm's with new results because I don't want to start more arguments and controversy. PM me and I'll send you a good deal of info and results.

I'll be real honest, I'm not sure how you can "kill" the engine by turning the map sensor voltage all the way down. Just doesn't compute in my head.

Merrick

The less voltage you send to the map sensor the less fuel it gets, you can lean out the fuel enough so the engine stops running because it won't get enough fuel. When I put it on I barely turned the knob on the enhancer and I felt a big difference.

The less voltage you send to the map sensor the less fuel it gets, you can lean out the fuel enough so the engine stops running because it won't get enough fuel. When I put it on I barely turned the knob on the enhancer and I felt a big difference.

Can you make it rich it enough to bog it out, or shut it off also?

Merrick

Then would need a power source, you can probably add voltage using a 1.5v battery and make yourself a home-made smoke switch.

Well I guess no one isn't interested in this thread anymore but for those who participated, I went from learning nothing to having a successful installation. It's working great and I only wish I new about this last summer haha.

I had asked on another forum about the hho system, and was talked out of even trying it. "Never work", "Can't make free fuel", and other naysayers.
But, now that you've tried it and proved it works, I'm in the process of buying one for myself. A fairly local guy sells them, and as soon as I get my rear diff back in, I'm going for it.
I had hoped to run it on the dyno today, but didn't get my truck finished in time. I'll run it this winter, get the mileage results and dyno it in the spring.
Thank you for being the tester.

You want to lean out the fuel, if you're talking mpg. I personally don't know anyone yet who has one on a 12 valve. Everyone with a 12 valve I know runs biodiesel but just use waste oil, 5% gasoline and 10% kerosine.

I generally drive like granny, and see very little boost, except when I need it, and then I must have it!
I don't like the collecting, storage, and filtering issues with WVO or waste motor oil, plus the impurities hassle. Plus, I can't afford a new fuel system if things don't go just right.
If I can gain 5-10 mpg with hho I'll be ecstatic. Then I might tweak it a little and add the pulse wave deal and see if it makes even more.
I'll be dissapointed if I don't see 5mpg.
I generally see about 19 all summer, and 15-16 winter.

Back