Hydrogen generators on Diesels, How come no discussion? 60 MPG Duramax?!?

8" x 8" dry cell, 15 plates, -nnnnnn+nnnnnn- about 3lpm at 12-15 amps. I purchased it on eBay with shipping cost me $375, it came with everything including brackets, wiring, and efie which I didn't need because diesels don't have O2 sensors, but I sold that for $50.

http://www.free-energy-info.co.uk/Smack.pdf

There's another place you can get plans and build your own out of home depot parts.

8" x 8" dry cell, 15 plates, -nnnnnn+nnnnnn- about 3lpm at 12-15 amps. I purchased it on eBay with shipping cost me $375, it came with everything including brackets, wiring, and efie which I didn't need because diesels don't have O2 sensors, but I sold that for $50.

There's another place you can get plans and build your own out of home depot parts.

What truck is this currently installed on?

No my brother paid for it, and the deal was if it works I give him the money, its working so it was the best $3XX I ever spent haha and no it doesn't over heat, having 6 neutrals means each plate gets 1.8 volts but only 1.4 is used to make hho, so .4 volts goes to heat. I'm not sure what the temp is, it's hot-to-the-touch after 2 hrs straight but not hot enough for a burn or anything or to melt anything.

What happens if you leave the key on? How is the system based? Does it start when in the run position or does it start once the truck is in gear? How quickly does the system react? Will it work for folks that drive 5-10 miles each way?

System kicks in immediately, the generator is hooked up to a relay which is hooked up to the fuel pump relay, so it is only on if the engine is running, it doesn't run on auxiliary but it does on idle. The idle is also much quieter and smoother. It does work for people who drive 5-10 miles each way. My uncle just built one and put it on his 1985 350ci dump truck and that's working great. He built it using that link I sent you but did the 15 plate design out of home depot parts and a pvc pipe. The engine was redone and already got good mpg for a dump truck but he can go 2nd gear up hill no problem, that's no load. If you're wondering on the dump truck the relay is hooked up to the solenoid on the plow.

Is the link you speak of the one above? I'd love to get all the info I can from you on this! This may be what my truck needs to finally get some good mileage!! If you would rather us PM or email that is fine.. I only ask here so that you don't keep getting the same requests over and over in PM's. I think those pics and videos would be really popular here as well!! (hint, hint!!)

Guess it's time to make up a shopping list and start tinkering! (on yet another project!) (I need another like I need another hole in the head!)

This is not what I purchased, but its what you can build. And thank you about the pm, I'm not angry at all because most people sent me only 1 or 2 pm's but when I get 15 a day it starts to become old news haha. The pm's I don't mind is ones about information, if you're asking me if it works and what my mpg is well I am going to start ignoring those as I posted it enough times in this thread.

So that model (In the link) is real similar to what you have? If I build the 'Smack' one then it should work just fine or is there some things I should change to get better results? Any pointers you can give / suggest would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,
Dan

Yes, it says you use 18 plates, and 1/4" bolt or something. I used 15 plates arranged -nnnnnn+nnnnnn- and they're spaced by 1/16" nylon washer. I do not have the smack I have a dry cell. The smack in the way I showed you should produce 1.5-1.8lpm. I'm producing 3lpm, I am putting the map sensor enhancer on my truck this weekend to lean out fuel more and see what my gains can be. I know from being in hho forums that people are claiming triple mpg on little 4 or 6 cyl cars and double is common too I've only seen 65% but I don't have a device to lean out fuel yet so I can believe in double but I'm not sure about triple.

That sounds awesome! If you would give us all the info you can, it would be really appreciated! It seems strange that less plates would give more volume... Is it because of the closer spacing? But, anyway, do tell all the details you can and provide any other info you can get. Any pics, or other places we can go to get any info would be great too!

On your map sensor: a diesel runs differently than a gas engine. A gas one can be leaned out from what is ideal or from what it is at currently. Now a diesel runs completely opposite. At idle it is as lean as it's getting. It will never be able to be richer or leaner at that point. To make it richer would cause it to increase rpms. The higher the rpm and load the more fuel or richer it gets. Anytime you cut the fuel to a diesel it drops rpm and load it will carry...
Basically a gas engine is throttle or air controlled. A diesel is fuel controlled. It always gets all the air it can take in but it only gets the fuel it needs to perform it's current load / need. Hope that makes sense..... (I just have to wonder about what you were told about 'leaning' out your diesel to get better mileage.... A gas engine maybe; but a diesel doesn't run that way...)
Dan

That sounds awesome! If you would give us all the info you can, it would be really appreciated! It seems strange that less plates would give more volume... Is it because of the closer spacing? But, anyway, do tell all the details you can and provide any other info you can get. Any pics, or other places we can go to get any info would be great too!

On your map sensor: a diesel runs differently than a gas engine. A gas one can be leaned out from what is ideal or from what it is at currently. Now a diesel runs completely opposite. At idle it is as lean as it's getting. It will never be able to be richer or leaner at that point. To make it richer would cause it to increase rpms. The higher the rpm and load the more fuel or richer it gets. Anytime you cut the fuel to a diesel it drops rpm and load it will carry...
Basically a gas engine is throttle or air controlled. A diesel is fuel controlled. It always gets all the air it can take in but it only gets the fuel it needs to perform it's current load / need. Hope that makes sense..... (I just have to wonder about what you were told about 'leaning' out your diesel to get better mileage.... A gas engine maybe; but a diesel doesn't run that way...)
Dan

Entire post, x2.

Now, if you can delay the map sensor so that it fuels up slower, that would help mileage. You could be jerky on the throttle, and still get the same results as somebody who is smooth on the throttle.

You aren't going to be able to lean out a diesel. At cruise, it is always running as lean as it can for the given load. Now, maybe bumping the timing will help it use the fuel more efficiently?

Merrick

My timing is bumped, and my fuel pressure is too. But the more voltage you add to a map sensor the more fuel it dumps in. This map sensor enhancer is just a potentiometer ( I don't know who's familiar with electronics here) but it decreases the voltage so less fuel goes in.

My timing is bumped, and my fuel pressure is too. But the more voltage you add to a map sensor the more fuel it dumps in. This map sensor enhancer is just a potentiometer ( I don't know who's familiar with electronics here) but it decreases the voltage so less fuel goes in.

You'll feel a difference. in your case, I'm sure it will work, but you could get the same exact effect by putting a 2x4 under your throttle pedal, well, maybe a 1x2, :)

Merrick

Well I'll find out tonight because I got a huge power boost from this so if I lean out the fuel to have a stock hp feeling maybe I'll increase mpg.

Didn't get to put map sensor enhancer on until today but it works I can lean the fuel out enough to shut the truck off. I have it set at a point where there's no drag in the fuel delivery. The power feels like stock again so we'll see if I can get more mpg out of it. If it works and I want the power back it's just the turn of a knob.

Didn't get to put map sensor enhancer on until today but it works I can lean the fuel out enough to shut the truck off. I have it set at a point where there's no drag in the fuel delivery. The power feels like stock again so we'll see if I can get more mpg out of it. If it works and I want the power back it's just the turn of a knob.

Is it based only off the MAP sensor? And this is on a Dodge?

Merrick

No, 02 duramax, and yes only the map sensor, on gas vehicles it goes by the O2 sensors, on carburated engines you set back the idle and increase fuel pressure, on 12 valves you can do a valet switch.

Back