Kronk

Should of been packaged better imo. Hopefully the seller paid the ups store to ship the rods or had insurance.

That's what I'm trying to figure out? If you got a box full of parts on the third, why does this thread exist?

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

The reason the shipment took longer was because ups entered one wrong letter on the adress, sending the package to dune instead of duke. I was notified by ups that the adress was incorrect and i corrected them. I tried to respond on paypal when i saw the claim was escalated but it was to late, i could not respond anymore. I will admit yes it took me longer then it should have to ship the items, but you did recieve them, so why have you not dropped the claim... Send them back if you are not satisfied or drop the claim. As of now you have the money and the rods.

Look, I don't have a dog in this hunt, but you're far from faultless in this. According to the screen shots above, here's what went down:

• 1-11 - Payment made
  • 1-13 - He texted you asking if they had been shipped
  • 1-15 - Two days later you texted him back telling him you'd ship that day
  • 1-24 - NINE DAYS later, he texted you again asking if they'd been shipped
  • 1-26 - He texted you again asking if they'd been shipped
  • 1-27 - SIXTEEN DAYS after payment, TWELVE DAYS after you told him you'd ship them THAT DAY, and also TWELVE DAYS without hearing from you, he files a complaint
  • Also on 1-27, I'm not sure if before or after you found out about the complaint, you finally ship the rods. He still hasn't heard from you since 1-15
  • 2-1 - Still hasn't heard from you, still has no tracking info from PayPal, he escalates the complaint to a claim and texts you that he has filed the claim
  • 2-3 - The box is delivered
  • 2-6 - He finally hears from you, "Please drop the claim"
  • 2-12 - He gets his money back from PayPal
  • 2-15 - He gets notification from PayPal that you added a tracking number
  • 2-18 - You post up here saying you had been done wrong and the only thing you had done wrong was "it took me a couple weeks to get them shipped out"

I would have done the same thing Kronk did filing the claim.

Now your saying UPS screwed up the shipping? There's nothing about an exception in the UPS package progress. I've shipped HUNDREDS of packages with UPS and believe me, if there's an address problem, UPS documents it in the package progress where you can't miss it. UPS time in transit calculator shows 5 days transit from West Yarmouth, MA to Las Vegas, NV. If you ship it on Wednesday it will be delivered on Wednesday. That's exactly how long it took UPS to deliver it.

Now, that said, if Kronk did receive the rods on the 3rd, he owes you the $1700 or he needs to return the rods back to you, and YOU need to cover the return shipping. If you packed the rods in the box and they fell out of the box and he didn't receive them, I hope you insured the box because that's on you. If someone else packed them, then it's on them.

The bottom line is he payed you $1700 for an item that, if he'd bought them from me at least, he should have received on 1-19, not over two weeks later with very little communication from you.

So, what say you Kronk? Do you have the rods or not?

I'll add this yall are barking up a tree on this one. Kronk as freezing systems has said has more than his fair share of builds and enough spare parts lying around to build a UCC truck if needed. He's bought and sold more trucks than most of us will own in our whole life. Now sure there are people that have abused paypal before, but I can speak from multiple deals with him ranging from $1k- over $40k..... his ground is about as firm as they come.

Now to the OP I feel for you to an extent as I've had bad dealings with paypal transaction in the past and it was my ignorance about shipping into Canada and yeah it sucked. It was a $1400 lesson I learned at a bad time for me aswell. I hope you can use the UPS minimum coverages protections and the pic he took of the box when he received it and file a claim with UPS insurance. Side note..... this is why it's so important to insure $hit.

Hope all is well, but enough smack talking on Kronk he's good people!:Cheer:

I have received 3 packages this year smashed to sh!!. I hope there was another box in that box to keep things right.

So is Kronk going to give the rods back at least then? As others have said I'm sure he's a stand up guy, and he doesn't seem to dispute the fact he has the rods, and his money back.

All that needs to be answered to end this thread, did kronk receive the rods? That will end this debate over who is right.
It doesn't matter about how late the items were shipped or the condition of the box as long as they were not hurt or lost.

I talked with him yesterday evening after I posted here to follow up on this mess. In our conversation he stated he received an empty ripped open lightweight cardboard box.

this thread is a downer. OP - you are a crappy seller , and an even more crappy at packaging. honesty and communication go a long way , had you not bs'd your way thru the first 3 WEEKS of the sale , you probably wouldn't have this mess on your hands. you DEFINITELY deserved the dispute. I would hope the members of this site see your practices and steer clear from you going forward, as i don't think you have any business selling here. you make people NOT want to buy from here , and that affects us all negatively. have fun getting your money back from UPS .

Last edited:
this thread is a downer. OP - you are a crappy seller , and an even more crappy at packaging. honesty and communication go a long way , had you not bs'd your way thru the first 3 WEEKS of the sale , you probably wouldn't have this mess on your hands. you DEFINITELY deserved the dispute. I would hope the members of this site see your practices and steer clear from you going forward, as i don't think you have any business selling here. you make people NOT want to buy from here , and that affects us all negatively. have fun getting your money back from UPS .

Amen well said. :clap:

No way an "empty" box with a few packing peanuts weighs 26lbs.

If a rod can go through a cast block...... don't you think just maybe they can find their way out of a cardboard box? Anyways yeah not turning thousands of rpms under pressure, but are you familiar with the logistics process.....

I mean geeezuuuus couldn't they have at least secured things with bubble wrap and not friggin popcorn.

OP/seller comes on here and smears my name. I've done so many transactions on here I lost count and not one person can say I did them wrong. OP chooses to communicate through here in the court of public opinion.

I don't have the rods. The box when shipped might have contained the Carillos but I did not receive them in that box that arrived at my address. I took photos of the cheap, thin box as it sat at my door. I didn't pay $1750 ish for a cheap box and packing peanuts. OP wanted me to gift him the money and I stated that I would not do that. I would gladly pay pay pal fees for peace of mind for both parties. I straight up told him "you don't know me and I don't know you, no offense".
I would never ship carillos without insurance and signature required. And I would use a better box than the cheap box used. I'm done with this thread. I ask that this thread be closed unless there is some type of proof please.

I just love how people blame UPS when they pack their items that poorly, whether accidentally or on purpose.
BigPapa and Freezing Systems posts are spot-on.

Back