L.I. 78mm S4XX Compressor wheels...

And realistically what gains would be had from getting a race cover?

"real" gains from the race covers hover around 25-40hp is what we are seeing on the dynos. The people quoting 100hp....sorry, not going to happen. We can inflate the #'s though if it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. ***Race cover adds 200hp***.......:hehe:

Hey Jose just wanted to update you on how a s478/87/.90 is working on a 6.7l with stock head and cam. My truck runs dual cp3's and 150's with all the other supporting goodies and the turbo is on a steed manifold. Running a Smarty for the 6.7 on a 190 tune sw8 I'm busting my drw loose by 2300 rpm. I can make and sustain 50+psi boost with drive staying at 50ish aswell as long as I don't go to the floor with it. I can get to 1700*+ on this tuning so I will be dropping to a 120 tune sw6 to see how that works out.

The only thing I personally hate is how easily it can surge from backing off the throttle. Any advice there?

Just throwing food for thought your was as per a previous conversation we'd had you'd stated y'all were seeing around 40psi Max when y'all were dynoing.

The problem with the surging on off throttle situation is tough to fix. We generally work on fixing issues with on-throttle surge. For off throttle surge or barking, that is where a BOV comes in handy, or we can open up the surge slot somewhat on the wheel.

Can I get a PM with a quote for a 478LI/83/0.9? I currently have a standard 472/83/1.1. Do you think the 478LI will spool about the same, but with a lot more air?

Can I get a PM with a quote for a 478LI/83/0.9? I currently have a standard 472/83/1.1. Do you think the 478LI will spool about the same, but with a lot more air?

If your going with the 78mm LI wheel the 83mm turbine is not the best route. That comp wheel flows alot of air and the 83mm turbine will choke before that 78mm wheel can really shine.

If your going with the 78mm LI wheel the 83mm turbine is not the best route. That comp wheel flows alot of air and the 83mm turbine will choke before that 78mm wheel can really shine.

Ok, so the 87mm will work better. That makes more sense. How do you think it would spool compared to my 472/83/1.1? Could I get a quote on the one with an 87mm TW? Thanks for the help.

Ok, so the 87mm will work better. That makes more sense. How do you think it would spool compared to my 472/83/1.1? Could I get a quote on the one with an 87mm TW? Thanks for the help.

Well if you go 87mm TW with .90A/R, I'll think you'll be surprised.

Well if you go 87mm TW with .90A/R, I'll think you'll be surprised.

Suprised could be good or bad. Care to elaborate? My initial reaction is there would be a good bit of drive pressure with that setup. Then again I'm not a turbo expert.

Suprised could be good or bad. Care to elaborate? My initial reaction is there would be a good bit of drive pressure with that setup. Then again I'm not a turbo expert.

Spool faster then you would expect I believe.

I have a s475/87/1.1 right now under my super b 57. pm a price to have the 78 put on my 75?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Back