L.I. 78mm S4XX Compressor wheels...

have to order another one. that was just on there to cover the turbo...

@lost in walmart... if you like the cute filter i will send it to you. it has worked on my k-31 for two seasons of pulling... and one points championship. so if you finally want something that has a winning history on YOUR truck. i will be glad to pass it down to you...

Jose, thank you for the cfm specs. i was going to call you on monday morning to get it. thanks again for the great turbo cant wait to hook with it.

have to order another one. that was just on there to cover the turbo...

@lost in walmart... if you like the cute filter i will send it to you. it has worked on my k-31 for two seasons of pulling... and one points championship. so if you finally want something that has a winning history on YOUR truck. i will be glad to pass it down to you...

Jose, thank you for the cfm specs. i was going to call you on monday morning to get it. thanks again for the great turbo cant wait to hook with it.
Which filtr are you going with?

havent found one yet, kn doesnt list cfm numbers on the universal filter page and i havent measured for dimensions yet. suggestions?

havent found one yet, kn doesnt list cfm numbers on the universal filter page and i havent measured for dimensions yet. suggestions?
This is what I use its a 8 layer s&b 6"x12". I got the site from Sinner. Not sure of the cfm though.

I used a 6" to 5" reducer from airflow.com.

AFE makes some killer size filters. Many of our pullers are using them.

Heck yeah! My truck keeps breaking or doing something stupid right before I run it down the track so I could use some good luck I'll pm you my shipping address and I'm quite jealous of your turbo, keep u's updated on how it works for ya :snoop:

Turbo Hoses has a pretty nice selection of S&B filters, if you want I can get you one and give it to Erik.

Heck yeah! My truck keeps breaking or doing something stupid right before I run it down the track so I could use some good luck I'll pm you my shipping address and I'm quite jealous of your turbo, keep u's updated on how it works for ya :snoop:

i have been daily driving it for 2 days. it has been driving nice. it is a little more laggy then my k-31. but it does drive nice. i put about 100-150 miles a day, the past couple days. more to follow. this is all on my old injectors (180hp extrude hones). the new injectors go in on friday night.

Jason

Yep its a 78/87/1.1 t-6. Drives way better than i thought it would, with my bigger interior going in and retuning my efi live, I am very hopeful

Sent from your moms house using tapatalk

For a race covered 78/87/1.0 t4 what cfm rated filter should I be looking into? AFE doesn't list numbers but maybe they can provide them on request.

They normally only test to 1000cfm, need to figure out what CFM your turbo needs and what pressure drop your looking for at that given CFM.

How would one of these wheels spool with a 1.32/96 turbine in a twins setup? Would it alleviate spooling issues or not make much difference?

having some issues with my turbo, jose. has a lot of axial and radial play. has some whitness marks on the comp housing where the wheel has scrapped. i will call you as soon as i can on monday or pm me when you get a chance. have a big pull in 2weeks and need this turbo at 110%!

Jason
Left Coast Diesel

having some issues with my turbo, jose. has a lot of axial and radial play. has some whitness marks on the comp housing where the wheel has scrapped. i will call you as soon as i can on monday or pm me when you get a chance. have a big pull in 2weeks and need this turbo at 110%!

Jason
Left Coast Diesel

As per conversation send her in and get us some backpressure #'s. With no wastegate its hard to say where its at on the map. Could be overspinning the unit with no wastegate. We see this quite often.

How would one of these wheels spool with a 1.32/96 turbine in a twins setup? Would it alleviate spooling issues or not make much difference?

It will help some, but its not magic as far as spooling is concerned. It will definitely make more power though.

Would this wheel be enough to support the level of HP that maxes out the 1.32/96 combo on a big cube engine.

Would this wheel be enough to support the level of HP that maxes out the 1.32/96 combo on a big cube engine.

This wheel is the closest you can get, but no. To max the turbine and housing combo you will need ~129lbs/min of air. Their is no 76mm wheel that can do that, that will work on a broad rpm range.

Hey Jose just wanted to update you on how a s478/87/.90 is working on a 6.7l with stock head and cam. My truck runs dual cp3's and 150's with all the other supporting goodies and the turbo is on a steed manifold. Running a Smarty for the 6.7 on a 190 tune sw8 I'm busting my drw loose by 2300 rpm. I can make and sustain 50+psi boost with drive staying at 50ish aswell as long as I don't go to the floor with it. I can get to 1700*+ on this tuning so I will be dropping to a 120 tune sw6 to see how that works out.

The only thing I personally hate is how easily it can surge from backing off the throttle. Any advice there?

Just throwing food for thought your was as per a previous conversation we'd had you'd stated y'all were seeing around 40psi Max when y'all were dynoing.

Back