Looking for some advice on a 2wd puller.

got a call about an axle today, the guy has a 2 1/2 ton rockwell axle. he wants $100. I'm supposed to call him tomorrow to see if his neighbor can come load it with a bobcat.

Make sure its not a D100 Rockwell. The pinion shaft isn't much bigger than a D80 and are prone to snap easily. I think the D140 is the same way. If its a F106 or any of the others mentioned earlier then you should be fine.

Make sure its not a D100 Rockwell. The pinion shaft isn't much bigger than a D80 and are prone to snap easily. I think the D140 is the same way. If its a F106 or any of the others mentioned earlier then you should be fine.

alright, I'll look i still think i can easily get my money back if it's one of the smaller ones.

Mine came out from under a 60s to 70s model GM school bus. Should also be under any other 2 -21/2 ton truck from those years as well.

The 130 or 135 have a smaller pinion shaft than the 80 Vance got one pull on a 130 at Indy 2yrs ago.

Dale

It is up in the air whether i will pull next Saturday, we may we going to an equipment sell instead.

Alright, i decided to hook to the sled tomorrow. Gonna try to have someone there recording it so i can give you guys a video.

The link says I don't have permission to veiw.Hope you didn't hurt enything.

Dale

Broke the turbo flange. gotta find one or i'm thinking about just replacing it with a 90* boot.

I figured out how to steal videos from facebook. so for your viewing pleasure.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23KvOO7xsqQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23KvOO7xsqQ[/ame]

Looked pretty good to me. Makes me wanna give it a shot this summer with the stock rear and see what happens.

Sent from me

I believe if i had much more traction once it started moving, i would've broke something.

You need more wheel speed and a way to lift the front of that sled. IE, traction bars and a blocked suspension...

Looked good to me!

I couldn't get it to pull out in 2nd. it would just spin, and when i let off the fuel to try and give it traction it shut it off. I couldn't find that happy medium, so i stuck it in first. This was with stock suspension, and someone told me i may have hit the bed with the tires. lol we built an impromptu pulling hitch friday. Had a 28.25" hitch height.

Nice lookin pull there. She seemed to be crankin' right along till the turbo let go. :)

Gotta block that suspension and do some track bars and she'll be golden! If you go with an axle with 4" tubes like a Dana 80, I've got my ladder bars I built that I no longer am gonna need...... I'd cut yah a good deal on em..... Though shipping might be killer.... Either way, keep up the good work man!!!

I'm not sure what i'm doing for an axle yet. gonna be a 2.5 ton. not 100% sure on which one yet.

Back