Looking for some advice on a 2wd puller.

Didn't weigh in. they didn't require it for street trucks, but i'd guess around 7k.

My hitch. 3/8" and 1/2" angle. bent it pretty good. gonna straighten it up and add some support. It'll get me through most of the pulls i'll be in for a while.
562453_3274369372777_1073708312_32736526_1340450938_n.jpg

562453_3274369932791_1073708312_32736527_1774250366_n.jpg

i beleive that if you had much more traction that hitch would have come off.

Things will get better once you start putting heaveir duty parts,and more power.

keep on plugging along.

Dale

Well, when you break that, you know you have traction... :lolly: build it bigger and better, then add more traction, add more power, fix things, build it bigger.... you get the idea.

Posted via Velocity LG ALLY

X2 on the heavier hitch. Angle iron is not a good use for a main hitch beam. Find some good 3x3 or larger square tubing no less than 1/4" thick. Buy a reciever tube to weld thru the tubing on both sides. Then brace the main hitch beam forward from the center of the hitch to the inside frame rails at the center of the rear axle. Use a Lunette ring pintel hitch with an ajdustment cage with 2 pins. There are plenty of hitch idea's in the sticky section of the pulling forum. Traction bars will also help abunch, but make them heavy enough and long enough to support the weight of the truck so u do not bend the frame when u finally lift the tires off the ground. The gearing you choose will also play a big part on how the truck hooks and stays hooked up on the far end.

Last edited:
We just overestimated the strength of the angle, i believe it would have ripped before the welds broke though. we have some stronger stuff at the house to make a stronger one out of, but were gonna straighten this one, and add supports for now. i won't be pulling a sled that heavy for a while. I'll probably pull the bed off soon, and try to sell it. then i'll use the money to build a new bed, and hopefully have a little left over to invest in some other stuff.

So guys, should I get some all-terrains for my 19.5's or go back to the 16's, it'll be a 33" tire height either way.

What's wrong with my load range f's lol. I was leaning towards the 16's because there is a better selection of tires.

16" all terrains. 6 ply will work alot better than 10 or 14 ply. Gotta have some sidewall flex.

Not too bad for a first hook! Heck it looked better than mine!

I think you will be suprized at what some traction bars and blocks will do! Althought thats going to put a lot of strain on the axle, but thats were the big rear comes in!

Good luck and keep on plugging along!!!

Back