Looking for some advice on a 2wd puller.

Thanks, I will probably wait on the big axle till after graduation. cash should free up some, without me driving all the time and eating out as much. Also i should be able to get a full-time job.

I think i'm gonna buy these off a buddy, and run 2 singles in the back for pulling. will probably put my cousins SRW dana 80 under it for a while. Probably run it until i start building the power up more. I'll also put suspension stops under it, and build a set of traction bars.

562100_3651970388823_349809127_n.jpg

Why do some places require 2 bolts to be put through the exhaust?

the general rule is, two 3/8'' bolts in a cross pattern within 1'' of each other and as close to the turbo as reasonably possible. i welded mine in of course. i also did not completely clean the welds smooth so as to prove i have them easily.

what do ya'll think about 5x18 injectors?
I'm also thinking about an hx55, what is the specs on the 55?
I was told a 64/14/65 would do good.

Just pulled it again, it was a free pull, and they didn't measure the distances. I didn't have to jerk the sled this time, but i spun the whole time. Made it a little over 1/2 way down. May go here next week and look at some tires. It definitely needs more traction. there was only one more guy running 2wd, and that was because he broke his front drive shaft. anyways he beat me, but he put around 2000lbs in the bed of his truck. I didn't break anything so i'm counting this as a win.

If you don't have to work on enything broke when you get home you alway's win.
get some weight and put it just behind the rear axle for a starting point.
Dale

I plan on getting some weight and some real suspension stops before the next pull. I zip tied 4x4 blocks of wood to the springs as my stops for tonight. time was pretty tight. I had to graduate at 10 this morning, then it took a while and we got back around 2:30 through the pulling hitch on, then grabbed the 4x4's. then headed to the pull. If i knew the trucks were gonna pull so late I would've had time to make some real stops or something.

Thanks for the advice

Ya you can expect to pull late at most pulls thats generally when they run stockers

yeah, but last time i went to this pull we rolled in at 9:30 and saw the last truck go down the track. That's why we just headed up there, but there had to be 50-60 tractors there, and each guy pulled in about 3-4 classes, just kept weighting them up.

I pulled it again. I won a little prize money this time.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4QbB2BfYoc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4QbB2BfYoc[/ame]

Mainly to test it out, My cousin and I have started a diesel Performance Shop, and we have a deal with Denny T. I believe it will also allow more fuel than my ground pin.

Back