Monster Pump Mike

I've seen SOVP guys in the 11's, but most were on the bottle. I ran an 11.85 fuel only at Worlds, and an 11.58 with a tiny .035 jet.

It took me a while to find a tuner truck liked, but when I did, it all came together.

What Chargers do you run?

Chawk ran an 11.7x on fuel in 2005 with an SOVP and a set of small oldschool twins.

Edit:

Nevermind- I see a 467 on your sig. what injectors?

Single 467. Like I said, I've heard of it being done, but it's pretty rare. I've see enough VP trucks to know that 11's fuel only with an SO pump isn't easy. I never tried a new SOVP on my truck to test it out, mine had 150k on it and a lot of passes.

Last edited:
this honestly seems to be the key for any of the vp's

Most of the time, it isn't the tuning as much as that part that hangs off of the exhaust manifold and those 6 parts that go in the head. I still have yet to see anything run like a Comp or Blue box.

Well my truck runs far better with this redline/smarty stack. I had the juice for years and loved it. Finally bought a hot comp cuz everybody said it was THE box. It didn't run anything like this combo.

Yeah cummin get it it was right on time. Mike still isn't answering his phone. Diesel importer have you had your setup on a dyno yet? I'm looking to run a similar setup but I only have a juice for now.

My truck is the opposite of a dyno queen, lol. I dyno'd this setup with the juice and it was somewhere around 520. After that, I found some boost leaks, sent the head off for valve job, intercooler, and different tuning. I'm prob only around 600, but it runs 11.90's and that's what I was after. It's Single turbo, sleeper, street truck.

I've been tried between 5-6 pm and 10 am. Whats your truck weigh importer? My goal is to run 11s but where I'm at in Utah the elevation is high.

Times........

My truck is the opposite of a dyno queen, lol. I dyno'd this setup with the juice and it was somewhere around 520. After that, I found some boost leaks, sent the head off for valve job, intercooler, and different tuning. I'm prob only around 600, but it runs 11.90's and that's what I was after. It's Single turbo, sleeper, street truck.

Mine does 635ish on the dyno and runs 11.7x in 2WD. Silver 64 turbo, Mach 7 sticks, full weight EX cab with a VP that Blue Chip (he says a SO pump would make more power) says is completely wrong for drag racing or dyno.........With Drag Comp box. I have a Redline but havent tried it. Also adding FMW 67.7 race cover turbo and 2 stages of juice. Regardless, still RPM deprived......And I wish I could make even a single pass with a 1.69 or anything close to that 60ft time.

Well my truck runs far better with this redline/smarty stack. I had the juice for years and loved it. Finally bought a hot comp cuz everybody said it was THE box. It didn't run anything like this combo.

Mine ran best with a FMS/MVP stack.... I'd imagine the powewr on the dyno over a comp box wouldnt be too drastic though.

Which VP do you have?

Most of the time, it isn't the tuning as much as that part that hangs off of the exhaust manifold.

Being RPM limited they seem to like a bit more aggressive turbine such as an HX52 or K29, never understood why I've never seen someone try this;

10801997_732843110124169_449650219451637133_n.jpg

Most of the time, it isn't the tuning as much as that part that hangs off of the exhaust manifold and those 6 parts that go in the head. I still have yet to see anything run like a Comp or Blue box.

i tried a tst comp/ts mvp, tst comp/edge juice with attitude (untapped) and then the edge tapped with my current turbo and injector combo. tst out fueled the edge by a long shot. wish i coulda got track times with both. this was with the factory original vp.

I have a second hand monster VP that was originally sold by EEP in 2010. From talking to Mike, some of the older pumps didn't have EVERYTHING replaced with new, to keep the cost down when selling through dealers. It prob needs a rebuild but I don't wanna spend the money.

Being RPM limited they seem to like a bit more aggressive turbine such as an HX52 or K29, never understood why I've never seen someone try this;

Price is great but it doesn't seem to compare to a 67.7 on the compressor side. Are you thinking that a VP head at 3000 rpm can't accept much more flow than 88 lbs/min?

Well.........

10801997_732843110124169_449650219451637133_n.jpg

Whats the HP potential, airflow ability wise on that? Silver 64 is rated about max of 650HP.......I'm at 635 wheel HP and it doesnt really clean up. Thats why I wanna try the 67.7 with the .9 exhaust housing, but honestly, I dont know **** about turbo sizing. Open to try anything better.....

Price is great but it doesn't seem to compare to a 67.7 on the compressor side. Are you thinking that a VP head at 3000 rpm can't accept much more flow than 88 lbs/min?

Both flow roughly the same, the S400 wheel has an edge in the pressure department. The advantage for an RPM limited application is the 12-blade 71/82mm turbine with S300 turbine housing options.

Whats the HP potential, airflow ability wise on that? Silver 64 is rated about max of 650HP.......

It is rated to 850hp, essentially the same turbo ATS sold as the A5K but with different turbine housing options, II also sold it as a Silver 71.

Last edited:
Mike is definitly hard to get a hold of I have trouble too. I am lucky I don't live that far from him so if I can't get a hold of him I jump in the truck and go pay him a visit. He builds awsome stuff. I run his torque converter and shafts and have been running the same converter for 3 seasons and being the heaviest pro street truck out there I spank it pretty hard and every thing is holding up well. As far as his pumps and injectors I know two guys that are running low 10's with them on fuel , Johnny Gilbert ( Stainless Diesel) and Karl Miriter (Redline Diesel ) . Mike is just busy all the time he needs to break down and hire a secretary or someone to answer the phones and take messages for him.

Last edited:
Back