Nitrous Express Quest for the 6’s Dragster update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

COMP461

Comp Diesel Sponsor
Here are pictures of some of the innovative parts going together for the NX quest for the 6’s Dragsters. First I want to welcome the core sponsors in this project.

Diesel Performance Research, Curtis Halvorson’s extreme cutting edge innovativeness, is not just in the in diesel performance venue, but spans everything from Indian motorcycle engines to Cadillac LeMans endurance engines and Chevy Indy car engine. Curtis worked at McLaren in engine development on the Cadillac LeMans program, as well as G.M. and Ford performance engine programs , and then he progressed to Roush as engine program manager for the Chevy ZL1 Ramjet, and ZZ 572 engines and Indian motorcycle engine, Curtis also spent time at Banks as race shop manager to include the type R and type D. I meet him during the early phases of the type D program where we conferred on the driveline and other aspects of drag racing the diesel. I remember how excited he was when he was on the way back from Bob Panella’s shop. I knew Bob and Bob Jr. from competition eliminator, and the lineage of that chassis as one of the lightest and most advanced Pro Stock truck ever built.

Industrial Injection will provide the turbo’s, pumps and injectors

Snow Boost cooler

GearVendors I have watched for the last 10 years as the PowergGlide / GearVendors became a staple in NHRA’s Top Dragster and Top Sportsman. I currently use a GearVendors on Project X diesel, and it holds up to full power shifts. I was sold on the GV when I watched as the winner of Drag week in a 3500 hp 2800 torque Camaro drove the entire route

ZZ Custom Fabrications

Polymer Dynamics, coatings and lubricants additives

Here are the Industrial Injections pumps on Curtis new twin pump mount
0501081924.jpg

0501081926.jpg

0501081928.jpg

here is a few pictures of the begainings of intake

dmax_intake08001copy.jpg

dmax_intake08003copy.jpg

The Industrial Injection Silver Bullet turbo’s Compressor covers , and a really big one that Brett wanted me to put on under these two
dragsternx205-1.jpg

greg.gif

Here is a picture of the car for those of you that haven’t seen it yet. It a Dave Uhara 288 inch ultra light car that Eddie Hill had built, its new and has never been down the track, it was much too light in construction at the time so it has been sitting at the NX research facility for all these years.

It’s kind of neat in that the front end is suspended by a cable. It’s a 3 piece bolt together car , and Charlie Stewart and myself have talked about back halving it to shorting it another 20 to 25 inches to work with the power level of 1300 hp it will see.
dragsternx196-1.jpg
*nx*

Looks good Greg, let me know if you ned any help or advice on your build, are you still going to use the trans-driveline brake that I designed & built for our dragster. I still have the blueprints on it

I will be using the Coan Pro Glide , turbo 400 output shaft 1.25 input . This transmission has withstood 3500 hp and 2800 foot pounds of torque.

Wow look who is getting comfortable in the seat , Diesel will have two girls in the Pro’s if the deal on the second car comes in , it’s a V10 Volkswagen project . I am also looking at a GTO or Cobalt Pro Stock Car
crewgirl-1.jpg

Isnt that the 1.25 tubeing? If it is you will have to re-inforce it or beef it up. It was built for supercomp wasnt it.

no it was built for Top Fuel as in 7000 hp and 6000 foot pounds of torque . its twin went 4.51 @ 325 mph , it will not have a problem with the high 6 second passes it will be making soon

You mean that is one of Eddie Hills actual Race Cars? I am such a fan!!!
:hehe:

Eddie_Hill.jpg

WOW , you have the picture of the twin, it was damaged when it split a engine at Dallas , this is the last Nuclear Banana , all have either been sold and crashed , or cut up for tubing . The 4.99 car is at Eddies motor cycle shop in Wichita Falls, the Dago Red car hangs in NX , and one other car is at the NHRA museum or Garlits museum. This car has yet to go down the race track. The 11 inch Chrisman rear end has been replaced with a Chrisman 9.5 inch titanium rear-end, and the wing has been replaced with a CF TAD wing. I do not plan on running the wing, and with the 33 x 15 tires I will have fun again driving. Eddie has been offered the first pass in the car, but I think he is done with drag racing.

dragsternx022.jpg

here is the cable suspenion

dragsternx030.jpg

dragsternx012-1.jpg

Here are pictures of some of the innovative parts going together for the NX quest for the 6’s Dragsters. First I want to welcome the core sponsors in this project.

Diesel Performance Research, Curtis Halvorson’s extreme cutting edge innovativeness, is not just in the in diesel performance venue, but spans everything from Indian motorcycle engines to Cadillac LeMans endurance engines and Chevy Indy car engine. Curtis worked at McLaren in engine development on the Cadillac LeMans program, as well as G.M. and Ford performance engine programs , and then he progressed to Roush as engine program manager for the Chevy ZL1 Ramjet, and ZZ 572 engines and Indian motorcycle engine, Curtis also spent time at Banks as race shop manager to include the type R and type D. I meet him during the early phases of the type D program where we conferred on the driveline and other aspects of drag racing the diesel. I remember how excited he was when he was on the way back from Bob Panella’s shop. I knew Bob and Bob Jr. from competition eliminator, and the lineage of that chassis as one of the lightest and most advanced Pro Stock truck ever built.

Industrial Injection will provide the turbo’s, pumps and injectors

Snow Boost cooler

GearVendors I have watched for the last 10 years as the PowergGlide / GearVendors became a staple in NHRA’s Top Dragster and Top Sportsman. I currently use a GearVendors on Project X diesel, and it holds up to full power shifts. I was sold on the GV when I watched as the winner of Drag week in a 3500 hp 2800 torque Camaro drove the entire route

ZZ Custom Fabrications

Polymer Dynamics, coatings and lubricants additives

Is there anything you don’t take credit for? I bet you had to cut a mushroom shape in the top of all your doors at home just to get your head through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back