Nitrous Express Quest for the 6’s Dragster update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I'd like to crossgrade my license for long wheelbase. Can I make some passes too? ;)

As of last month the 1/8th mile record for a 10.5 car was set by Tim Lynch with a 4.31@179ish mph. We did a lot of testing on our PRO-X line with this car. With the 1/4 mile numbers being 6.57@233 and weight being 3300lbs his car is estimated to be 3200-3500 rwhp and 2600-3000ft.lbs. GV units have been behind 2000 hp so it should hold up fine and Coan makes some really nice stuff. I'd say your in good hands.

Just a thought but why not try a TH-400? We have tested our PRO-X 400 behind Tim's car and it held up better then the PG.

Seriously I am fixing to make myself look like the a$$ i am but, 3200-3500 rwhp? What is this combination? I have only dreamed about numbers that high, and until you posted that, I thought everybody else was dreaming to!

Just a thought but why not try a TH-400? We have tested our PRO-X 400 behind Tim's car and it held up better then the PG.

Brad,
Have you guys ever set up a TH-400 behind a race diesel? Just curious how well it would work (strength, ratios, etc). In my case, I am looking at doing something in a fairly light car (should be around 2400 or 2500 lbs with driver).

Thanks,
Michael Pliska

This is what 3500 to 4000 hp looks like its a 5.0 BS 642 with 35 lbs of boost . Greg at ZZ and some of his freinds
dragsternx168.jpg

I traditionally like the powerglide in light applications...it takes less of a gear to get them motivated off the line... But I would suggest you listen to the experts!

As of last month the 1/8th mile record for a 10.5 car was set by Tim Lynch with a 4.31@179ish mph. We did a lot of testing on our PRO-X line with this car. With the 1/4 mile numbers being 6.57@233 and weight being 3300lbs his car is estimated to be 3200-3500 rwhp and 2600-3000ft.lbs. GV units have been behind 2000 hp so it should hold up fine and Coan makes some really nice stuff. I'd say your in good hands.

Tim and Steve just never quit......awesome!

Jim

Seriously I am fixing to make myself look like the a$$ i am but, 3200-3500 rwhp? What is this combination? I have only dreamed about numbers that high, and until you posted that, I thought everybody else was dreaming to!

Look into the Outlaw 10.5 cars, they are getting nastier every year.

nmra_bg_sa_DSC_2323.jpg

620 C.I. with Twin 90MM's, The car is owned by Tim Lynch and Steve Petty of Proline Race Engines. Steve is one of, if not the best tuner in the nation.

Last edited:
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7l0gamCNOs[/MEDIA]Here is a 1/8th mile pass at Huntsville, this is the second time he has trapped with the back tires.

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!! :bow::bow::bow::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:
That thing is awesome!

hooly poop! You'll need to get some sled pulling technology on these cars soon. So they can steer with the brakes on the rear tires. Funny he let out at the end there cuz the front end was higher at the 1/8 then at the 60 foot :)

Holy crap!!! I used to get spooked if I was nearing the 60' clocks with the wheels in the air, I can't even imagine staying in it that long!

Regards,
Michael Pliska

So if you trip the staging lights with the fronts and run thru the trap with the rears, how does that 6 or so feet you literally added effect your time and mph?

Petty is not one of the best, he is the best turbo tuner in the country as far as the 10.5 stuff goes. Haven't seen him do anything with a full chassis car yet...but thats coming soon. The only huge amount of hp I have ever heard of that was true and not speculation was annette summers big engine which made 3800-4000 real hp. I dont see that single procharged car making that much power at all. Hell a brad 5 with psi at 125% barely makes that much.

Auto transmissions and converters have really make big steps in the last couple years. We are talking about mid 5's in the 1/4 with a converter now. If you want to go fast, get a lenco or b&j. If you want to go fast and not deal with a clutch call rossler and get a th210.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back