Nitrous Express Quest for the 6’s Dragster update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The following post is not written by me. However, I think (as do others) that its worth reading. YMMV.

BJS,

The last time I saw someone back the wrong horse with such fervor, it took them two weeks to wash the horse crap from their head.

Get to scrubbing, friend.

In this small but growing industry, the company you keep says a great deal about who you are. While your expertise could surely benefit this project, (as could anyone who can hold the correct end of a ratchet without instruction) I would encourage you to use the search feature a bit about your dear friend for whom you hold in such high regard. You may find the numerical initials 4. 6. 1. are more often than not associated with, nay, tied directly, created buy, and carrying the DNfn' 461n' "A" with the majority of this division and bickering you speak so adamantly against.

Ever since a large bump in the gasser racing road ejected Comp from the proverbial turnip truck he was riding ( A truck, no doubt built and created by the sweat and efforts of others with whom received no credit for their works.) landing him squarely on his ass in the diesel racing world, his attitude, contributions, and most importantly benefaction have been the defining strokes of his reputation in this industry.

Instead of an attitude of humility, cooperation, and appreciation for the efforts of those who's tenure in this industry far exceeds the duration that Comp has stood on his own two feet (Has he ever?), he immediately took an attitude and demeanor of a missionary ministering to the ignorant savage people of a forgotten village.

Guess what Albert Schweitzer, deez people already knew how to wreed and wo-ship!

It is largely this condescending attitude that is to blame for the requisite ego-checking you see on these boards and will experience in this industry in regards to Comp461. This "going at each other" as you termed it, I fear is being perceived as a larger division in this industry than it really is.

"Misery loves company."

In diesel motorsports, its "Conflict loves Comp-ee."

While there is somewhat less unity than a typical episode of "Leave It to Beaver" in the Diesel Industry now, rest assured there is far more unity and cooperation around here than what I fear you perceive there to be.

A friendly suggestion, take it or leave it: I would encourage you to check the company you keep (Search function here should work wonders.), make an effort to wash off the foul odor of that horse you're backing, and come hang with those who do not thrive on conflict, deception, and incessant chest beating.

Rest assured, its a much smoother (and more respected) road.

The following post is not written by me. However, I think (as do others) that its worth reading. Quote:
BJS,

The last time I saw someone back the wrong horse with such fervor, it took them two weeks to wash the horse crap from their head.

Get to scrubbing, friend.

In this small but growing industry, the company you keep says a great deal about who you are. While your expertise could surely benefit this project, (as could anyone who can hold the correct end of a ratchet without instruction) I would encourage you to use the search feature a bit about your dear friend for whom you hold in such high regard. You may find the numerical initials 4. 6. 1. are more often than not associated with, nay, tied directly, created buy, and carrying the DNfn' 461n' "A" with the majority of this division and bickering you speak so adamantly against.

Ever since a large bump in the gasser racing road ejected Comp from the proverbial turnip truck he was riding ( A truck, no doubt built and created by the sweat and efforts of others with whom received no credit for their works.) landing him squarely on his ass in the diesel racing world, his attitude, contributions, and most importantly benefaction have been the defining strokes of his reputation in this industry.

Instead of an attitude of humility, cooperation, and appreciation for the efforts of those who's tenure in this industry far exceeds the duration that Comp has stood on his own two feet (Has he ever?), he immediately took an attitude and demeanor of a missionary ministering to the ignorant savage people of a forgotten village.

Guess what Albert Schweitzer, deez people already knew how to wreed and wo-ship!

It is largely this condescending attitude that is to blame for the requisite ego-checking you see on these boards and will experience in this industry in regards to Comp461. This "going at each other" as you termed it, I fear is being perceived as a larger division in this industry than it really is.

"Misery loves company."

In diesel motorsports, its "Conflict loves Comp-ee."

While there is somewhat less unity than a typical episode of "Leave It to Beaver" in the Diesel Industry now, rest assured there is far more unity and cooperation around here than what I fear you perceive there to be.

A friendly suggestion, take it or leave it: I would encourage you to check the company you keep (Search function here should work wonders.), make an effort to wash off the foul odor of that horse you're backing, and come hang with those who do not thrive on conflict, deception, and incessant chest beating.

Rest assured, its a much smoother (and more respected) road
YMMV.

preston what the f#$# have you ever done but run your mouth , on here about you hero , last I looked he and few other have ever ran as fast as I have in a truck.

A truck that John loud mouth ttell people in a lie that a guy from Wa State built . John you are a lieing #%$#@%%

I spent a few years on building these projects , a lot of people helped me . but it was my vision, and my dream,

so step forward coward and put a name to it ,

preston what the f#$# have you ever done but run your mouth , on here about you hero , last I looked he and few other have ever ran as fast as I have in a truck.

A truck that John loud mouth ttell people in a lie that a guy from Wa State built . John you are a lieing #%$#@%%

I spent a few years on building these projects , a lot of people helped me . but it was my vision, and my dream, so step forward coward and put a name to it ,

Greg, this is not a shot at you, but dude, seriously, have you tried to read what you just wrote?

Who the hell is John, and what does John have to do with this?

Greg,

I should have known you were going to pull the "what have you ever done" card from the pile. Have we not done this dance before? For those unfamiliar with, use the search button and look for "lpreston vs. COMP461 DEATHMATCH!" In fact, Comp may be the opponent in more "CompD Deathmatches" than any other member.

While I may not have penned it, I along with the vast majority of others here, feel exactly the same way. Coward you say? No. I merely posted something I fully agree with. So go ahead and think I wrote it Greg. That's all that needs to be said.

In summary, I am tired of your attacks on my diesel brothers. How is it you can speak your mind, and when someone else speaks theirs, they are a "coward", a "lieing #%$#@%%", or one of so many other Comp-isms?

it's not a cummins in that truck... it's a 7.3

and as for the problems with zane's rail, it was just transmission issues, nothing more than that

If you read the post you quoted he says "it's a badass Ford truck without a Cummins in it."

And being at the even in August it seemed a little bit more than transmission issues, just my .02

Yes sir the ol TH400. Non lock up, 13" fluid coupling convertor.
Not much is still factory in it, thanks to Art Carr. The spare units getting a brake in it now, and when it comes and i do the swap the one in it now will also get a brake. Theres better stuff out there for sure if you can afford it, but its the toughest stuff the general ever made IMO.

Sorry redid it...

:bang
Ryan, are you running a glide or a TH400 again?

Yes sir the ol TH400. Non lock up, 13" fluid coupling convertor.
Not much is still factory in it, thanks to Art Carr. The spare units getting a brake in it now, and when it comes and i do the swap the one in it now will also get a brake. Theres better stuff out there for sure if you can afford it, but its the toughest stuff the general ever made IMO.

How many TH400's have you went through trying to get to this stage? I am not ribbing you, just merely trying to make a descion. But i am pretty sure I will stick with my initial dodge od idea.

I spent a few years on building these projects , a lot of people helped me . but it was my vision, and my dream,

greggy boy, I can pick up the phone & call the man that put a diesel in the truck that you lay claim to be the builder of. You know who built that truck, you know his name. Yes you worked on the truck, you didnt build the truck.There were 2 of those trucks built built at the same time in Washington.
Oh yes, & from now on if you mention my name it had better have Mr. in front of it........................you counterfeit !!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

There I just did ....

The following post is not written by me. However, I think (as do others) that its worth reading. YMMV.

While I appreciate you posting that and have read it I think there are quite a few here who know that I do not exactly stand by either side when it comes to matters like this. I'm pretty sure most of you know that I worked with John on the funnycar and Mike Wood on the Mustang as well as Dalpiolt on the Ranger. Every thing I do here is to learn about the diesel world (which I know about zilch about) and to help bring the company I work for into the diesel world as well as share any knowledge I have. It is also to further my abilities to do my job. If anyone here were to interfere with that I can tell them in the politest manner where they need to take it! I respect all of you for your own individual acheivements and credits. We all have something to bring to the table to help racing and diesel racing. Even Greg. Yeah I said it. But I can say that if the attacks keep going on it will certainly not help. That goes for both sides. I recieved a PM this morning asking me how to do something and it has nothing to do with our product. Is that going to stop me from helping this individual. NOPE! As soon as I can wade throught the crap and find the info I'll share any of it I can find. Why? Because it will better the racing community. I've seen the looks on people's faces when a full size truck with a lift runs in the 10's at a race. That is the kind of excitement we need to try to bring to further the ties of racing. I respect John for the way he treats people and how he always makes sure that if you had a part in his team you always are noticed for what you did and he'll call you and let you know that they are going racing and wants to know if you can be there. John is a top notch guy in my book although there are some that may not think so. Any how this will be my last post in this nature. Sorry for stirring the pot and expressing my thoughts. If you have any questions that you think I can help with regardless of who you are feel free to ask me. I can assure you that I'll be asking plenty of questions about everything I don't understand.

That is very well put, and I personally think that everyone could take a page out of this!

just my 2cents

Kevin

I would just like to get to a point where I can log in, and see EVERYONE acting like true sportsmen, instead of seeing greed, jealousy, contempt and immaturity on a level that is equal to the kid at my sons 1st grade playground who gets to play with all the cool toys, and gets angry when someone gets a cooler one.

I would just like to get to a point where I can log in, and see EVERYONE acting like true sportsmen, instead of seeing greed, jealousy, contempt and immaturity on a level that is equal to the kid at my sons 1st grade playground who gets to play with all the cool toys, and gets angry when someone gets a cooler one.

I completely agree. Thank you Tim.

greggy boy, I can pick up the phone & call the man that put a diesel in the truck that you lay claim to be the builder of. You know who built that truck, you know his name. Yes you worked on the truck, you didnt build the truck.There were 2 of those trucks built built at the same time in Washington.
Oh yes, & from now on if you mention my name it had better have Mr. in front of it........................you counterfeit !!!!!

i talked to the man who built those 2 trucks as well he was in bowling green racing this year he now has a 1930 dodge roadster with a 5.9 in it.
funny thing is when he told me of the trucks and the non payment of services from the guy named " dr performance" (i believe his name is barry sanders). then when i asked him about greg who claimed to build it he said "who?"

TH400

How many TH400's have you went through trying to get to this stage? I am not ribbing you, just merely trying to make a descion. But i am pretty sure I will stick with my initial dodge od idea.

I hear ya and know what your saying, dont be scared of the 400 just put the right parts in it the first time. My builder wanted to do it in steps kind of to test the strength of the individual internals for his own knowledge, and also see what kind of breaking power the cummins had. He was amazed each time id break something that hed never saw a gas engine break. For short, search for some TH475 str8 planet gears, get the super duty 32 element sprag, def. do all 3 billet shafts, add a fiber and steel too 2nd gear, and convert all bushings to bearings, oh and get a good convertor with a billet stator, this is all from experience the hard way!
You can give Alan over at Art Carr a call for any of the parts you can source, try him first on any of it, chances are he'll be cheaper to. Go moly on the yokes also, build the rear end to match all this to and your set.
Good Luck, Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back