Nitrous Express Quest for the 6’s Dragster update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's because the free-fall theory only applies in vaccumn not within earth's atmosphere, thus even the acceleration upon descent of an object will not equal 9.8meters per second squared because air resistance (and height above earth) will change that number to a lower one, realistically for that rail falling from mount everest the initial acceleration would probably be roughly 8.8ish meters per second squared, and when it's almost making contact with the earth it would probably be even less due to more air resistance because of a greater speed

Touche (Pronounced - TOO-shay) Don't ask why, I just like doing the pronunciation thing.

But you are quite right Glasseater, air resistance does increase conversely with speed, but have you forgotten...AIR DENSITY!?!?!?!?!?!:rules: It's simple physics that the more tightly packed molecules are, the more they will run into other molecules, even if these other molecules are painted bright yellow and traveling at massive speeds through the atmosphere.

What we all must do is ask ourselves one question:
Does the dragster fall because it goes fast, or does it go fast because it falls?

When you can answer that question, only then will you be truly at one with Diesel.

Later
Chris

And for all of you that can't tell, all the above, at least of mine, is complete, and utter, BULL$HIT

Touche (Pronounced - TOO-shay) Don't ask why, I just like doing the pronunciation thing.

But you are quite right Glasseater, air resistance does increase conversely with speed, but have you forgotten...AIR DENSITY!?!?!?!?!?!:rules: It's simple physics that the more tightly packed molecules are, the more they will run into other molecules, even if these other molecules are painted bright yellow and traveling at massive speeds through the atmosphere.

What we all must do is ask ourselves one question:
Does the dragster fall because it goes fast, or does it go fast because it falls?

When you can answer that question, only then will you be truly at one with Diesel.

Later
Chris

And for all of you that can't tell, all the above, at least of mine, is complete, and utter, BULL$HIT

the yellow painted molecules are more slippery though so i think we can automatically assume that it will fall faster than gravity can even pull it

the yellow painted molecules are more slippery though so i think we can automatically assume that it will fall faster than gravity can even pull it

This may be true. I forgot to account for the BS factor in paint color. The brighter a color, the faster molecules are able to move around it. Therefore, the column of air above a falling dragster would push it through the air below it faster than gravity could pull it. I think the equation is something like...E=MC2
Where E=you expectations, M=um... and C=all the chit you've piled on it.

the only way that dragster is going to cover a 1/4 mile in less than 7 seconds this year is in free fall off Mount EVEREST!

There is no motor in it.

This should help Lou:

INBARslingshot_matt.jpg

Its what I am gonna use till I get my motor. LOL

The person depicted on that spool is incorrect. LOL

Is that one of Eddie Hills old cars, surly not but it looks like one. I really enjoyed watching him over the years..... oh whats this thread about anyways, Greg saying he has a rail comming out in the future, humm, when?
Lets hear some detail, 12 or 24v...... 30 lbs boost or 130 lbs boost.... come on

Is that one of Eddie Hills old cars, surly not but it looks like one. I really enjoyed watching him over the years..... oh whats this thread about anyways, Greg saying he has a rail comming out in the future, humm, when?
Lets hear some detail, 12 or 24v...... 30 lbs boost or 130 lbs boost.... come on

i thought it was a duramax :poke:

Yes that is one of Eddie Hill's old cars. It was actually never ran by Eddie. It was actually too light to run. The car is now owned by Mike Wood of Nitrous Express. Greg is putting it together and is going to run it. I'm not taking sides as both have been wrong here. But I can say that my car was supposed to be running by now but life and money get in the way sometimes. So with all luck my car will be running by this time next year. Lay off Greg a little. I know that he has justly set himself up for some of what he has gotten but I can promise you that he will continue with his ways if you keep feeding the troll! But by no means would I justify some of what he has said either. I am going to wire the dragster for Greg as I promised. There are quite a few of you on here that know I am a man of my word and if I tell you I'm going to do something I will do it unless there is no way possible. And after I am done and there is a problem I will fix it if I know about it. I try to promote racing regardless of what type of racing it is. And when I see a new type of racing and people going at each other like you guys have been it pisses me off. That is the quickest way to turn people away from a sport. Specially a new division to a sport. $.02

i thought it was a duramax :poke:

It could be i have not followed this thread.

As far as my comment goes, there no disreaspect here, ive never meet either one of you. I would never talk crap about someone untill after ive meet them face to face. I simply wanted to know when the car would be ready for the track thats it. The comment on the boost: ive read before his comments on airflow and such saying, tons of boost is not ness. anymore that, the same power can be made with {30} i think it was maybe {20} lbs. of boost. Thats it dont over read it, lots and lots and lots of people rib Greg on here and there may be a good reason for it, behind the sceens. Lots prob. even rib him just because others do to look cool or whatever, believe me im not one of those guys! I could care less. But for this sport to really grow and make more noise we need more super fast cars or trucks, there maybe pleanty more than i know about know but Scheids and the Dr.P rail is the only ones that i can think or at least the only ones i read about, hope that changes in the future. And dont take this as me crawlfishing either because i dont, you just misunderstud, later. Ryan

Sorry i forgot about Scot and Dustins rail, thats 3 is there any others? Does Banks have plans for one? Some one please name the ones im forgetting or dont know about.

Ryan, You are one of the few I wasn't talking to other than the comment about it being Eddies car. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

This car will be running a duramax. The computer system that will be used is still being determined.

Sorry i forgot about Scot and Dustins rail, thats 3 is there any others? Does Banks have plans for one? Some one please name the ones im forgetting or dont know about.

There is the one that John Robinson used to have. I don't know if its going to get a diesel in it again or not. But right now that is all I know of. I don't know if you would classify John's funny car as a rail but more like a front engine dragster with a lot of body panels!

Oh i remember seeing one in Diesel power once with a powerstroke in it, quad chargers i think to...thats cool. Any others?
BJS racing...forget about i have. Sorry for the misunderstanding bud.
Ryan

Hey Ryan, did you ever figure out what you were going to do about gears for your truck?

Oh i remember seeing one in Diesel power once with a powerstroke in it, quad chargers i think to...thats cool. Any others?
BJS racing...forget about i have. Sorry for the misunderstanding bud.
Ryan

I believe that quad charger powerstroke rail is Zane Koch of Wide Open Performance.

He has a bada$$ ford truck without a cummins in it :D

http://www.wideopenperformance.net/default.aspx

Yes, Banks is working on a D-Max powered rail...should be out next spring.

http://bankspower.com/projects/4-sidewinder-top-dragster/overview/4

Wide Opens rail has had some problems. Well back in August at DHRA it did. I heard Keating was also planning on a rail.

BJS, I'm also getting sick of all the BS with Greg but last time I said anything even though it was very harmless IMO, it got edited. As long as Greg talks and everyone still pays attention to it then we'll have threads turn into what this one has turned into. Just my .02

No not yet still running on borrowed time with a used stock gear set. Trannies comming with a brake in it, so i dought the gear will take even 1 hard launch? But well see.
Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back