North East Ohio Spring Diesel Dyno Day

The Ford is definately staying home, just not enough time and money to get it done right in time. The Dmax still might make it. I just got a phone call saying my new peices will be here Friday. If all goes well and I install them Saturday and tune them on Sunday then I will be good to go.
-One catch though.....my boss told me on today that he might send me to Italy next week....seriously shouldn't that take more planning then that?Jason

Thats some good news....as much as I'd like to see you smoke out the dyno again...:bang :hehe: I'm sure the Dmax will put down some nice numbers.

and YES going ot Italy should take a little more planning...especially since you need a passport if you don't already have one...and I belive that takes a week or so just to get...:doh:

How does the order go? Do you take a number, or just play by ear? D extra runs go right after the regular runs, or can you come back?

As soon as you get there...sign up...Kevin will run all the trucks he can. If for some reason there is an issue with the dyno (lets hope not) or if there is just not enough time in the day, Kevin may open the shop back up Sunday and finish the remaining trucks. We think he can do 30-35 trucks in a day, and thats usually about how many sign up to dyno anyways. Once you sign up and you're on the list, hopefully he'll find someone to call the trucks and owners to the bay door to get them ready to go. Yes the extra runs happen while you are still strapped down. He will alow some tuning inbetween the dyno runs...as long as they are quick tunings. I hope this answered you question.

Thats some good news....as much as I'd like to see you smoke out the dyno again...:bang :hehe: I'm sure the Dmax will put down some nice numbers.

and YES going ot Italy should take a little more planning...especially since you need a passport if you don't already have one...and I belive that takes a week or so just to get...:doh:

Who said anything about smoke?:bigsmile: I plan on clearing all the fuel I can inject......

Actually a passport is a over 6 months to get with out paying expedite fees. If your paying to expedite your passport you can do it in almost 24 hours but you pay dearly for it. I already have mine since I tend to get sent to Mexico and Canada a few times a year. If I go this would be my first trip across the pond. Can you believe that I still don't know if I am going? I was told that he would let me know in the next couple of days.......:banghead:

A lot of my PSD injector parts are made in Italy.
Could you bring some back for me?
:D

Good lord 6 months! :doh: thats a hellofa long time.... Well hopefully you'll be able to make the dyno day. Jim...way to think man!..:hehe:

As soon as you get there...sign up...Kevin will run all the trucks he can. If for some reason there is an issue with the dyno (lets hope not) or if there is just not enough time in the day, Kevin may open the shop back up Sunday and finish the remaining trucks. We think he can do 30-35 trucks in a day, and thats usually about how many sign up to dyno anyways. Once you sign up and you're on the list, hopefully he'll find someone to call the trucks and owners to the bay door to get them ready to go. Yes the extra runs happen while you are still strapped down. He will alow some tuning inbetween the dyno runs...as long as they are quick tunings. I hope this answered you question.
Good stuff. Thanks

That right there might have jinxed us Jim....:hehe: great.....LOL

Anyway...lookin' forward to seeing you out there again Jim. Hopefully with the Diesel World Exposer thats going to be out there, Mustang dyno will send someone out to lend there technical help....we'll have to wait and see.

I hope they can figure out how to load the trucks with larger chargers and a lot of fuel. I don't want to just sit there and smoke all day. What is the most HP an TQ kevins "SUPER" :hehe: Dyno has seen?

Who said anything about smoke?:bigsmile: I plan on clearing all the fuel I can inject......

Actually a passport is a over 6 months to get with out paying expedite fees. If your paying to expedite your passport you can do it in almost 24 hours but you pay dearly for it. I already have mine since I tend to get sent to Mexico and Canada a few times a year. If I go this would be my first trip across the pond. Can you believe that I still don't know if I am going? I was told that he would let me know in the next couple of days.......:banghead:
It appears I'll be looking down from a pressurized tube that has 'DELTA' painted on the side as it goes from Toronto to Kansas on the 12th. LOL I feel your pain Jason!

I hope they can figure out how to load the trucks with larger chargers and a lot of fuel. I don't want to just sit there and smoke all day. What is the most HP an TQ kevins "SUPER" :hehe: Dyno has seen?

Actually, Kevin is trying to find a big turbo truck that couldn't spool last summer...he thinks he found a way to light them up, but he needs a truck to test it on. They won't be charged for it, but he needs a test subject. Wally (Jackthebear3) I belive has the most HP and TQ on that dyno. I belive it's 580 HP and a little over 1300 FT-LBS. if I'm not mistaken.

Actually, Kevin is trying to find a big turbo truck that couldn't spool last summer...he thinks he found a way to light them up, but he needs a truck to test it on. They won't be charged for it, but he needs a test subject. Wally (Jackthebear3) I belive has the most HP and TQ on that dyno. I belive it's 580 HP and a little over 1300 FT-LBS. if I'm not mistaken.

If my truck was mobile I'd do it but it's not quite togather yet.

If my truck was mobile I'd do it but it's not quite togather yet.

Here Chris.....Ill give you some modivation to get your truck done....

Here is Chris and Josh standing by one sweet truck making a Dyno run at Ti dyno

Here Chris.....Ill give you some modivation to get your truck done....

Here is Chris and Josh standing by one sweet truck making a Dyno run at Ti dyno

ahhh yes...I remember that...LOL made my ears ring for like a hour after that...LOL :charger:

I was impressed with almost 600hp in 6leaker:Cheer: But I think mine might Smoke a little more:hehe:

Winner

AND the winner is……….(this is the drum roll)………………

TI Dyno presents: “Spring Meltdown” 2008 All diesel dyno day!​

Congratulations go to Tom Atkinson! (a.k.a. Minisub) He’s TI Dyno’s “name the dyno day” contest winner. He will be given a gift certificate at the dyno day to receive his FREE dyno pull on Saturday April 12th!

Also Wooster Diesel Performance Center is sponsoring the “Spring Meltdown” They are planning on giving out some really good prizes, but you have to show up to see what they are! Thanks Derek for you support for the dyno day.

Hope to see you out there!

FedEx tracking tells me that they just delivered my parts:woohoo:

My boss is going to Italy:woohoo:

Its raining so I will have some time in the shop:woohoo:

Now I just gotta get off work, go home, and start taking the stock parts off and put some stuff on that came in the boxes......

Jason

Sounds good Jason, hope to see you out there. I'll be at the dyno tomorrow my self. Kevin got Jim from DIY injectors to come in and test a few things. TI Dyno wants to make sure we can spool all these trucks!

I can't wait to see what this aggressive tune and smarty's gonna put down. It's really comin' up fast!

You will have to test it but, I am pretty sure we will put down better numbers not stacked. You can try it but, I think that is what you will find.

I think what the Smarty adds is a touchier pedal which is decieving.

Oh crap! :doh:

Now I am going to have to change something this week just to make it worthwhile...:rolleyes:

See you all in Ashtabula...:D

Test Runs

Well I was out at TI Dyno today, Kevin had asked Jim Rose (a.k.a. DZLJIM) to come out to do a couple test runs. Kevin and Jim (who will be operating the trucks next weekend) were able to load the big turbo on his trucks. Those of you that were there last year know Kevin had a difficult time to load them on the dyno. :charger: Well after today, Kevin and Jim both think they've solved that small problem! Here is a video for you all to enjoy.

Back