Regular cab resto and build

Lol its just like it! I couldn't bring myself to cut up the maroon truck so I bought this pile. I hope its fast but we will see haha

I was having a hard time deciding what color to go with for paint then trying to decide what color stickers would look good and visible for sponsors... I decided to just paint it white for now and maybe look into a wrap next year or repainting it. For now white is the plan.

I don't recommend this paint scheme.... at least if you want sponsors. Well I guess you can get sponsors... but I don't think they really partake in the diesel scene.

Not%20to%20do.jpg

Also looking for undercoating suggestions for the frame. Anyone used any that they liked and didn't have issues with holding up?

I use the KBS Rust seal and Top Coater, it is a completely brush on system and dries to be hard as nails. I have had it on my truck for 3 or 4 years without refreshing it. The top coater is starting to flake off in a few spots, but still isnt rusting. I would highly recommend it

Rick

We don't have rust issues here I just want something that looks good and holds up. I'll check into that stuff!

Should have a better ideal of what it's going to run when done if the track is open next weekend. Need to get to work on it or I'm not going to have it done this season...

Waiting on this weather to clear up! I want to get the body work started then strip it to the frame and get started on fab work and have the paint work done and ready to assemble after I get the engine and transmission in place.

Well the weather was nice yesterday and I found a little motivation to do some sanding on the truck. Planned on continuing today but the rain came so I will get after it Sunday. Should have it primed next week and stripped down to the frame and get started on fab work and coating the chassis. uploadfromtaptalk1426289245580.jpg

Depends on how it does at the track. I will lower it as low as I can, put some good shocks on it and traction bars to start and strap the front. Hope fully I don't have to fight it like 2tone12v did last year. I don't think I am making enough power to have major problems.

The question is how much... I'll run it this Saturday and see what it does. Turbo went out a week or so ago and parts will be in tomorrow.

Back