Scheid 5k gsk who's running them?

Ryan, what rear are you running again? Pro-gears in an auto without a trans break? Interesting idea, I wonder how'd they do with the torque of a cummins though! Good luck man let us know how she runs!

"pushed the pinion support", whoops missed that I suppose a 9"?

Ya ive run many diff. ratios at the track and never broke a R&P yet, and they are were a "Ford" gear i believe. This R&P that broke Sat. was for sure a ford gear, they use a smaller 28 spline pinion, the Pro Gears use a much larger 35 spline pinion requireing a after market pinion support also, then requires the larger yoke for the 35 S. pinion. It all sounds like dollars siqns to me. I think i will get a after market 28 spline pinion support and purchase aftermarkt gear such as Motive, Richmond, etc.... thier priced ok for the 9" ford, its just the Pro Gears that are super high. And yes im getting closer to having my tranny back with the brake in it, i would like to have it and a enclosed trailer by "Baytown" time in mid Oct...... I could end up there just watching, but i hope not.
Ryan

Maybe those light front wheels allowed you to shift an extra 320 lbs to rear and planted it so well you broke!

That 330+ lbs. and a tad more juice than normal def. had to have something to do with it! Ha Ha. Ive decided to go the other way with the gearing to soften up the bottom some and get a good pinion support in it. It only prob. went 6 feet under power but several people said the left front tire came off the ground a couple inches, wouldnt ever expected that.

Let us know how the springs turn out. I still think a lockup converter could help out a decent bit. And may keep EGTs down some too.

Let us know how the springs turn out. I still think a lockup converter could help out a decent bit. And may keep EGTs down some too.

Ya i'll let ya know, had to order a couple parts so not sure when it will be ready again, dont look good for this comming weekend though. I like your new avator, good looking truck! With no computer and non elect. tranny not sure how they would handle a lock up style convertor? I feel the convertors fine, would like to get the temps down, scared im going to torch a piston one of these trips out. Im sticking to a single charger i know that, dont have the extra coin laying around to do other wise, i would like to try a larger compressor, i think thiers a 71mm comp. for the S300 or HTT that im running but unsure if it can be ran with my 71mm turbine wheel, anyone know. I think that is concidered a 2.8 for you pullers....

S300 base. 71mm billet comp wheel. 80/73.4 turbin wheel. T3 .76ar[13cm] non gated housing. HX-40 outlet

attachment.php

attachment.php

Who puts that one together? Looks good, whats those little circles around the inducer? Thanks.
P.S. is it for sale.....

I like your new avator, good looking truck! With no computer and non elect. tranny not sure how they would handle a lock up style convertor? I feel the convertors fine, would like to get the temps down, scared im going to torch a piston one of these trips out.

Thanks for the compliments. Member WUnderwood took that pic up at Scheids and emailed it to me:rockwoot:

Im curious to know how efficient your converter is. Should be able to figure it out with a little info. You seem like youre pretty well on top of things so you might have already done the math. But if you havent...

Whats the trans. gear ratios?
Rear end ratio?
1/4mile MPH?
Rear tire diameter?
RPM at the end of the 1/4 mile?

Thanks for the compliments. Member WUnderwood took that pic up at Scheids and emailed it to me:rockwoot:

Im curious to know how efficient your converter is. Should be able to figure it out with a little info. You seem like youre pretty well on top of things so you might have already done the math. But if you havent...

Whats the trans. gear ratios? 2.41 / 1.41 / 1.1
Rear end ratio? Was a 3.70, the one i broke Sat.
1/4mile MPH? 118mph, seriously gear bound though. About 103 in the 1/8th
Rear tire diameter? 33/16/15's
RPM at the end of the 1/4 mile? It was gear bound at 4400 rpm.

I expect some diff. numbers now with the CDS kit, and a little diff. gearing going in. I believe the convertors doing ok at the big end. Just wished i had my tranny back with the brake in it.

Questions answered up in your quote...
Thanks. Ryan

I bought it from BigDodge on here.
Not for sale. It is on my 94 drag truck.

Wouldnt work for me anyways w/o a gate in it, i run a little nitrous to get this pig moving off the line. Not interested in spending the extra money to do a ext. gate when i use so little juice, and the big internal gate in the stainless steel HTT housing seems to work great for me, just kind of like to try the 16cm/SS some day. The little 13 hits good but not sure how bad its chocking me on the big end at 3800+

Your only back halfing 13 MPH, put some gear in it or a Gear Vendors! Can you find a 3.20 Pro Gear?

At that RPM you need to be running some big timing!

Jim

Ive had a 3.25 in it before, it was ok i liked the 3.50 better. Remember its set up for 1/8th only, had no intention of getting back in it for any of the 1/4 but noticed the temps were back down to like 1k, so what the hell jump on it, it ran hard for a moment untill it went gear bound right before the finish line, hints the low 1/4 mile speed of 118. I got all the new stuff in today and will prob. set up the gears and stuff tomorrow, but will not be going out to play this weekend.
Jim, what kind of timing are you talking? Some more timing might be part of the answer to my cooling issue? Ive got 25.5* in her now. And with the new gear change, i wont be twisting it as tight, with the 3.70 i believe i was just out of the peak curve on the factory camshaft. Later Ryan

Back