Smack Talk

Smack talk

I'm in Jess for a little of that action! You do know the Ohio boys are corn fed and can eat and drink when the need arises. I just bought me a old cadillac so I can return the truck to race trim. It's a drug bust car and the price was rite!! I'm not a caddy guy but i'm poor and need a ride. Jeff

I'm in Jess for a little of that action! You do know the Ohio boys are corn fed and can eat and drink when the need arises. I just bought me a old cadillac so I can return the truck to race trim. It's a drug bust car and the price was rite!! I'm not a caddy guy but i'm poor and need a ride. Jeff

game on Jeff:rockwoot: crying shame it took a yankee red neck to answer my challenge.:clap: i guess the southern Ga boys must be skeeered:evil. they hate to loose if im not squeezn *nx* then they wouldnt have an excuse.

The only way it would be cheaper is if you sourced every part yourself and did the conversion yourself,other wise your looking at at a number in the 11k range depending on the deals you make on parts.

This is incorrect, a 48RE conversion can be done much cheaper than that.

The only way it would be cheaper is if you sourced every part yourself and did the conversion yourself,other wise your looking at at a number in the 11k range depending on the deals you make on parts.

11K for the Swap chit better be gold plated and titanium shafts drums etc.

This is incorrect, a 48RE conversion can be done much cheaper than that.

This was the number on a conversion that was done earlier this year.This is shop labor as well.Actually i think the number was a little higher that 11k if you really get down to it.So how much would you charge to do this job?

By the way there was know smoke yesterday.The ECM did not like being roded from the back evidently because it no longer works.

There are too many variables to give one set price. It depends on how the truck was equipped from the factory, what upgrades the customer wants on the 48re, etc. The good thing about Goerend is that when you order a tranny, it automatically comes with all upgrades except billet shafts and drum. Those are the only additional parts. So assuming a guy wanted a full billet tranny(minus billet drum because the 68 wont turn enought rpm's to need it) and his truck came with a 6 speed manual, it could be converted for around $9000 +/_. That is a full billet 48Re with custom vb and PCS. So there is not even a comparison between that setup and a 68RFE even if its a full billet also. And Goerend will take a 68RFE or a G56 for core, so there is no additional cost there. Say a guy that was only making around 550-600hp and only wanted a billet input, it could be done for less than $8000, again depepnding on if it was a g56 or 68 truck. The 68RFE trucks will need a different adapter plate because the stock one is too thick. And then you have the option of florr shifter or stock column shifter. The column shifter would be a little more of course. And also, you will have endless options on converter stall because Goerend has a lifetime converter warranty and if you wanna change it for any reason, All you gotta do is pay shipping and he'll send you another one. Of course there would be labor costs involved unless the customer wanted to swap it theirselves.

Last edited:
Performance costs $$$ :rules:

We'd build one for only $10,999.99 (all shiny parts will be hand-buffed) LOL

No extra charge for refilling the tranny with expensive smoke! :evil

I've got something for you to hand-buff...

youknow_sg.gif

I just bought me a old cadillac so I can return the truck to race trim. It's a drug bust car and the price was rite!! I'm not a caddy guy but i'm poor and need a ride. Jeff

for some reason Jeff after reading this i keep picturing u in John Candy's role of Uncle Buck:lolly:

HOLY SANTA CLAUSE ****

may we resume smack talk now that the fat man made his rounds in the sleigh?

Hell, I can't smack talk cause I don't even have me a truck ready to race!! I'm still looking for something, just haven't found it yetLOL

Back