So. Cal Pull - June 14th - Who is in?

No there hasn't but just about every other form of hillbilly type motorsports have been, including transfer truck racing, sickle bar slalom, hay bailer racing, and monster trucks. It is a gorgeous facility, and Craig will come through with the track, like he has done in the past. And yes, its Brian's sled.

-Tom

Let's see now, Tom's truck (with Sara driving), Angela, Natalie, Dirty Blond, Kat and I will probably try out my new truck since it is a 4x4. Looks like it is going to be the boys against the girls this time!:cheer::hehe::hehe:

Unfortunately, two of those names (Natalie and Dirty Blonde) are the same person (unless there's another Natalie) lol and I don't think she'll be pulling... as she'll be two weeks post op ankle surgery at that time.

So do we know what kind of a turn out we'll have? Man we need to make a good showing here. What about Howard or any of those guys?

I called Comfort Inn, their regular rate is $130, wtf pays that much to stay in Lancaster, is there even anything to do out there? lol seriously. Jeez. And they have a discount event rate of $109.

Who's going down Friday to see the event? or is everyone just going for saturday and the pull?

I called Comfort Inn, their regular rate is $130, wtf pays that much to stay in Lancaster, is there even anything to do out there? lol seriously. Jeez. And they have a discount event rate of $109.

Who's going down Friday to see the event? or is everyone just going for saturday and the pull?

Geez, I made my RSVP last week and got a room rate of $99.99 for one nite only. When you call them up for your RSVP tell them "FAIRGROUNDS" and you should get that rate. Just called and spoke to the manger there at the Comfort Inn to confirm. Still that's and ARM, LEG, and a six-pack for a room rate in Lancaster. This is why it's only for one night. Leaving EARLY Saturday morning and split out of town to head home on Sunday.

my sled pulling world is falling around my ankles while I'm bending over---bottom line I've got multiple issues---June 13th son's birthday, June 21st wedding(no not mine)(yes I'm trying to get incriminating photos of the bride to get this thing cancelled), I'm swamped at work and so is DND, not to mention something went crunch in the front end yesterday, I'm still waiting for my jet hot coating to do the twins, need driveshafts, need ARB installed rear and now the front end may have issues and a few other things that need to get done----I know you guys are surprised and I can't for the life figure out why this chit happens to me, but I'm blessed I guess----if I can get the truck put together I think I can make the 14th, but that depends on DND and me being able to hook up----bummin' right now-----chris

Has there ever been a pull here? What is the track like? Are you using brians sled?

Like Tom Said, there has never been a pull at this facility, but it is a really nice place. The big thing is, we need to have a good showing so we can make an impression, not only on the group putting on thunder, but the fairgrounds. We really could open the door for some more pull in the future, but this thing has to hit to make that happen.

I will do the best I can with the track, the dirt that is there looks decent for being in the desert. If I was going to put my own pull on from scratch, I would import dirt to insure something good. In this case, the thunder group just asked me if I could get a pull together for them, so we will do the best we can with what is there. It will be hard, that I can assure you, one thing I can't stand is a sand box track. The question is always how much bite we can get out of it. I bet we'll get some tire smoke at least.

Craig

Unfortunately, two of those names (Natalie and Dirty Blonde) are the same person (unless there's another Natalie) lol and I don't think she'll be pulling... as she'll be two weeks post op ankle surgery at that time.

Ya, I had a feeling when I posted that Natalie and Dirty Blond were the same, but sure enough if I would have left someone out, they would have felt bad. :bang
BTW, the event starts Sat afternoon. Gates open at 3:00 or maybe 3:30. So don't show up on Friday night looking for a pull. Then you would have to pay for 2 nights.

I'm pulling in hilmar Friday night and then driving the rest of the way after the pull. Then either I'll stay the night saturday, or I'll just head up to Newman to pull on Sunday.
I'll see how many people from Hilmar I could get to follow me down. I asked a bunch of guys at the last 2 pulls but nobody seemed real interested, I think cause it's so much further than everyone is used to.
Is Natalie even gonna go?

I think I can make the 14th, but that depends on DND and me being able to hook up----bummin' right now-----chris

Not gonna happen Chris! :umno:

Don is gonna be outta comission for a month come Fri., I just dropped off some work for him when he's able :rockwoot: but it'll be awhile!
Next time you head over lmk and we'll :Cheer:

i should have the truck fired up today then all will be left is to buy a new axle and make a hitch. no matter what, im in! it'll be my first hook. :woohoo:

Garrett

I'm trying to convince myself that the $300 in fuel will be worth it, then redding the next weekend, and sonora the next weekend.... ugh...

thekidfan----well I knew Don was going to be out of commissh, but I was hoping to get there before--looks like now I'm pretty much toast for sometime, unless I go another route, but I hate to do that since we've been planning to do it for so long--but the bottom line he needs to get himself taken care of and get well----

I'll let you know next time I come up----but it's usually short notice----chris

i hear ya on fuel prices. lukily for me ive been working in lancaster since last july. im just down the street from the fairgrounds. guess ill just be stayin up there friday night instead of coming home. unless i go to vegas on wednesday. LOL

Garrett

Back