So...where are the D-maxes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try a little nitro mixed in, it burns really fast when mixed with diesel, methanol, and and caster oil.

12 va's hold the title for now. I beilve it is safe to say if someone built a full blown dragster like nadp and a few others have with a duramax in the we would be smoking butt there to. Some one mad the comment earilyer about dmax's and sled pulling The dmax here in florida are whipping dodges and fords left in right. 02freighttrain and wicked was able to match up to each other wicked got beat. 02 has won the points champonship for 07 And it looks like with his new combo he will have it in 08 if someone dont hurry and get off there pocket book. Stock class i beilve tnrgreen which is a duramax took home 1st followed behind a dodge.

There is no doubt 12va are badass but look at it like this for the cr dodge

Programmer 1200 dollars ( Smarty)
Box ball park 800-1000 dollars maybe more
built tranny 6,000 maybe more that is billet input out put everything
Turbo 4200 dollars ball park
Injectors 1100 - 2400 dollars

Total 14,100 dollars

Duramax part's list

Programmer 750dollars ( efi live)
box ( dont need one )
tranny 4200 dollars
turbo 4200 ball park
Injectors dont need them

Total 9,150

Diffence 4,950

Rods are 2,200 dollars and head work is about another 2 grand. So if u really stop and add the expenses up yall are paying just the same amount of money for yall trucks as we are ours. O and we get head work and billet rods. I didnt even add the heads work for the cummins.

duramaxin14 said:
12 va's hold the title for now. I beilve it is safe to say if someone built a full blown dragster like nadp and a few others have with a duramax in the we would be smoking butt there to. Some one mad the comment earilyer about dmax's and sled pulling The dmax here in florida are whipping dodges and fords left in right. 02freighttrain and wicked was able to match up to each other wicked got beat. 02 has won the points champonship for 07 And it looks like with his new combo he will have it in 08 if someone dont hurry and get off there pocket book. Stock class i beilve tnrgreen which is a duramax took home 1st followed behind a dodge.

Total 14,100 dollars

Duramax part's list

box ( dont need one )
tranny 4200 dollars
turbo 4200 ball park
Injectors dont need them

Total 9,150

Diffence 4,950

Rods are 2,200 dollars and head work is about another 2 grand. So if u really stop and add the expenses up yall are paying just the same amount of money for yall trucks as we are ours. O and we get head work and billet rods. I didnt even add the heads work for the cummins.

Dude, as soon as we get more RPM's your soap opra is over!! Consider yourselves crushed!

Even if we dont, flordia has more claims then Al Gore at a Firefox meeting!:hehe:

duramaxin14 said:

Total 14,100 dollars

Duramax part's list

box ( dont need one )
tranny 4200 dollars
turbo 4200 ball park
Injectors dont need them

Total 9,150

Diffence 4,950

I'm only dropping 7k in my CR pulling truck for this year and it will most likely spank any Duramax with just a turbo and EFI live. Also smarty's are 700 brand new from MADS. Same with a box most you can get for around 500 brand new. And a 4200 dollar turbo? What trucks are these going on, tube chassis mod trucks? I'll be paying less than 2k for mine, for comparison A5K is around 2k. And DDP 200 hp competition injectors are only 1k. So dont know where most of your figures came from but they're alittle off base.

SledPuller21 said:
I'm only dropping 7k in my CR pulling truck for this year and it will most likely spank any Duramax with just a turbo and EFI live. Also smarty's are 700 brand new from MADS. Same with a box most you can get for around 500 brand new. And a 4200 dollar turbo? What trucks are these going on, tube chassis mod trucks? I'll be paying less than 2k for mine, for comparison A5K is around 2k. And DDP 200 hp competition injectors are only 1k. So dont know where most of your figures came from but they're alittle off base.

Sled puller thats why i sayed these are pall bark figures still u take that priceing u just gave me and i can still put rods in a dmax and be able to hold just as much reliable power as u.

I doubt for 7k you could do your tranny, rods, CP3(which you forgot) programmer, and turbo.

Sled puller im talking about this. For what it takes for u to get a Fully built tranny, Injectors, Turbo, box, And programmer, i can by efi live rods a tranny and turbo and still have 50 bucks in my pocket to put towards other things. Im talking about simple parts here. To clear it up a dodge can go what 1200 on its stock bottom end. I can spin less money and be able to hold just as much hp as your bottom end. Now if it wasnt for efi live i couldnt do that.

duramaxin14 said:
Sled puller thats why i sayed these are pall bark figures still u take that priceing u just gave me and i can still put rods in a dmax and be able to hold just as much reliable power as u.

And upgrade it?LOL

Um............................................................., NO!!:blahblah1:

Um ya. Do the math your self. Im not even talking about putting cp3 and all that on. Im talking about for everything yall spin in power for box and ever thing eles i can do my rods and programing and turbo for the same cost it takes yall to get set up.

Has a Dirtymax done 1200 yet?:what: Trust me the CR Dodges might just be the suprise of 08...:evil

duramaxin14 said:
Sled puller im talking about this. For what it takes for u to get a Fully built tranny, Injectors, Turbo, box, And programmer, i can by efi live rods a tranny and turbo and still have 50 bucks in my pocket to put towards other things. Im talking about simple parts here. To clear it up a dodge can go what 1200 on its stock bottom end. I can spin less money and be able to hold just as much hp as your bottom end. Now if it wasnt for efi live i couldnt do that.

Are you on crack?

Here is my take:
Tranny: 27-3000
Turbo: not everybody needs an expensive turbo, 800
Injectors: 6-700
Box: Smarty 650, TS 500 ect

Now tell me how much it costs you for rods, tranny, tuning and turbo? Five bucks says i win.........................

Adam i will win because without billet shafts your tranny wont hold together. Stock allision shafts will hold up to 1000 hp + with the right tuning so i still win

inline6359 said:
Are you on crack?

Here is my take:
Tranny: 27-3000
Turbo: not everybody needs an expensive turbo, 800
Injectors: 6-700
Box: Smarty 650, TS 500 ect

Now tell me how much it costs you for rods, tranny, tuning and turbo? Five bucks says i win.........................

Not to mention i wont even have to built my bottom end to keep up with these mods.

duramaxin14 said:
Not to mention i wont even have to built my bottom end to keep up with these mods.

Hmmmmmmmm............ 600 and high cylinder pressure leads to what?

Can i get a bent rod by chance?

There is someone that is about to release rods to us i beilve the cost was 1200 dollars:rockwoot:

Adam take a min to read over everything Comperhen what i am trying to say then u will get excalty what im talking about

Also stock D-max injectors wont support close to 1000 hp...they'd have to be modded or aftermarket.

duramaxin14 said:
Adam i will win because without billet shafts your tranny wont hold together. Stock allision shafts will hold up to 1000 hp + with the right tuning so i still win

What does it cost to put together a fully built allison? Even without billet shafts?

Tuning? Who needs to tune around their tranny?:hehe: If i build a tranny i sure as hell am not going to"tune" around it.:rockwoot:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back