Software beta testers needed for 'Anteater'

If you set the strategy to shift earlier at light throttle, you'll see less harsh shifts with the constant line pressure.

I'm doing a 48re swap now and trying to decide between ATS and the anteater. Do you think the anteater will ever support manual shifting?

Downsides to the anteater?

Thanks!

Tentatively yes. It's on the list of updated features to be released.

What would you consider a downside?
Lack of support would be what pops in to my mind.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

Last edited:
That's awesome. Do you know if it would require a special VB like ATS does?

This is definitely making my decision easier. I believe I'll have this ordered next week.

Lack of support through firepunk themselves on the device?

Not at all, Firepunk's support is A#1.

I mean I in general, I think what makes a product is service after the sale. If any product has poor customer support, I see that as a downside.

Manual shifting is a thought right now. It has to be implemented in the software and tested. It could end up requiring additional hardware.

I don't want to build false hope about a feature that isn't implemented yet.

if you use their controller and want the select shift option, you have to use their VB

SelectShift Stand Alone Transmission Controller Package - Chrysler 47RE/48RE. Full Transmission and Torque Converter Control, Wiring Harness, Connectors, Software and Manual Included **Requires ATS SelectShift Valve Body part# 303-950-2000**

Manual shifting inputs have been considered. It's on the todo list, but has no completion date assigned. Most likely it will be an add-on kit sold separately.

We're getting bigger things resolved like being able to supply more than 5 per month and revising the prototype wired remotes. It's been an incredible learning experience understanding how to deal with major automotive suppliers when you're a small fish in their pond. Thankfully we've made a few major breakthroughs and the investment is paying off.

An Anteater requires a 47RE or 48RE valvebody. I prefer Firepunk's VB (for obvious reasons) but it's run with the major transmission builders as well as completely stock VBs.

Last edited:
Transmission brands the Anteater is running on to date:
Firepunk
ATS
DTT
Goerend
Chrysler (Stock)
Transgo

I ordered anteater this week as well as everything to build my trans from firepunk... Can't wait to try it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manual shifting inputs have been considered. It's on the todo list, but has no completion date assigned. Most likely it will be an add-on kit sold separately.

Would it be a tap-shift configuration like the Alli setup as that would be awesome for towing !

I wanted to ask if it would be possible to get a "simplified" version with a potential of a reduced price point?

Just thinking out loud but an "entry" level version that is "basic" would be great for testing the waters. The cost, although on point with what you get has stopped me because I am "unsure" about how I would like it without actually using it. The controller is very cool but I don't really need the ability to have more than one tune at the moment.

Anything can be done, but the ability to retrofit into the trucks these transmissions are being put it makes a broad spectrum to try to design and test for. Adding tap shifting means (to the column) is a long term project.

As far as a "base" model, how much control would you want it to have?

The reason I ask: THE number of tunes doesn't change the amount of hardware required and the software still has to be in place. Dropping back to only one available tune does not inherently drop production cost.

Last edited:
Would it be a tap-shift configuration like the Alli setup as that would be awesome for towing !

I wanted to ask if it would be possible to get a "simplified" version with a potential of a reduced price point?

Just thinking out loud but an "entry" level version that is "basic" would be great for testing the waters. The cost, although on point with what you get has stopped me because I am "unsure" about how I would like it without actually using it. The controller is very cool but I don't really need the ability to have more than one tune at the moment.
You may choose to install the software and see if the tuning portion meets your needs before purchase.

Since the base goal of the project was to emulate the 00-04.5 Dodge PCM, the current model of the Anteater is the basic, entry-level controller.

There's an enhanced feature set coming. :D

You may choose to install the software and see if the tuning portion meets your needs before purchase.

Since the base goal of the project was to emulate the 00-04.5 Dodge PCM, the current model of the Anteater is the basic, entry-level controller.

Will the enhanced feature set be an update to the original or will a new controller need purchased once available?

I did this afternoon :Cheer::thankyou2: but now have eve more questions :doh:.

The attached photo is the image of the first tune I "created" but seem to hit "walls" within the tuning parameters. I reviewed the tuning guide on the site but was still left with some questions. Although I must admit it was very easy to use an quite obvious no 1st/2nd gear lockup severely hinders the shift timing adjust-ability.

Could you let me know:

1. Would this tune be horrible to drive with?

2. Whats the red warning icon, as I couldn't get it to go away.

3. Why are there allowable bounds on shift and lockup speeds? AKA 1-2 no more then 30mph but with my 3.55/33 tires that puts me at 2700rpm. Although VP's don't spin to 4k, I could at least get 35mph out of 1st.

Attachments

• FP Tune #01 - 11.27.15.jpg
    FP Tune #01 - 11.27.15.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 0
1. Only one way to find out. My daily looks close to that.

2. I think it's a bug. Paul reported it but I couldn't reproduce it.

3. It won't let you set the lockup less than 3 MPH above the unlock MPH. If you lower the unlock MPH first, it will allow lower lockup. If the unlock would be allowed above the lockup, it would never lock up as speed increased. Then it would keep the converter locked up when coming to a stop.

Will the enhanced feature set be an update to the original or will a new controller need purchased once available?

It should be a firmware update. I haven't worked out the details, but it looks like it would need to be sent in for a flash.

0208ec8bb899983715736890084e2f1c.jpg

This is what mine looks like for my daily driver tune. This shift strategy acts much like a stock 06 except the 3-4 shift is just a little higher.

Here it is with only the graph.

c6fb217f57fb0c14fc7bca88edfa450a.jpg

Back