Software beta testers needed for 'Anteater'

The "race" tune WILL do what it's told or it will receive the maximum punishment.

Death by fire.....and don't say I won't. ;)

5cf84bbf5633e7c659763916dcd295a7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 2:30 video of normal driving with some WOT stuff in the middle if you want me to post it to show it runs.

It will only help in the long run.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

I have a comp1 in my 07 and have been recently considering the suncoast pcs set up. From what I have read here it sounds like I could have similar results with this anteater set up? From what I've gathered the main difference would be lack of adjustable line pressure with this vs the pcs? My main complaint with my current set up is the slower light throttle harsh shifts and somewhat erratic 1-2 and 2-3 shifts. I would love to give this a shot but a little concerned with needing to eliminate my ttva motor and somehow tie my ttva to max line pressure. Seems like this would be difficult to make light throttle shifts nice and potentially cause high temps with constant high pressure? I have efilive and can flash a manual trans file so that isn't a problem. I really would like to have better control of transmission shifting similar to hptuners or efilive has with gm transmissions!

I understand wanting to have a smoother shift for daily driving, but I'm so accustomed to the harsh shifts (5+ years of pcs controller use, full manual vb or anteater) that I hardly even notice it anymore. The only real way to get a smoother shift that's still firm like on an OE style Trans controller would be to have a functional tv cable. This is also going to change how your anteater reacts to shifts. At extremely light throttle it will likely want to stack shifts due to lack of tv adjustment and at WOT it will stretch them because once the TV is adjusted to 100% the anteaters shift strategy that you setup has a tendency not to "listen" and shift wherever it wants.

Take a ride to work with me this morning!!!

(Damp roads...it didn't take much to spin. The rpm jump towards the end was overdrive off function and then back on.)

https://vimeo.com/147457478

Sorry the quality sucks! It was supposed to be 1080p. I'm guessing that tapatalk dumbed it down.

Paul, mine shifts right on the MPH I have it set to, high throttle or not.
I'm curious about yours not doing that.

Paul, mine shifts right on the MPH I have it set to, high throttle or not.
I'm curious about yours not doing that.

Mine is picky on what the tv cable is at. If it's set at 100%, it doesn't behave like it should and eventually hangs in 1st.

At 0% tv cable adjustment it skips 2nd and goes to 3rd. We have one in a swap truck at the shop right now that is the same way.

Mine has to be set around 70% on the tv cable

The s10 is the same way. We had it pulled very tight and when we changed the tune it didn't listen. So I loosened it in between passes and it started doing what it was told.

Sounds like end users should avoid max TV settings for the time being.

I think when I was having 2nd gear starts was when I had the TV tied. Brandon made a revision to the software. Have you tried a newer production board on either of them?

Brandon said mine is due to be updated. I just haven't had him flash it. I'm not convinced that will fix it. But I could be wrong I suppose.

It seems like the sweet spot is 85-90% on the throttle valve for most Firepunk VBs. I've tried most every setting from 50-100% with varying base pressure. The 1-2 shift can be controlled by setting the Govenor Pressure Modifier in the software higher or lower.

Paul, does the PCS setup control TTVA?

Can the ttva motor be left in place and adjusted to a static base setting with efilive with anteater controlling shift points and lock up? From what I've been researching the pcs eliminates the ttva motor but you control line pressure with a duty cycle table to increase pressure with higher throttle positions?

Back