Sucking air..

kole32

I'm at a complete loss.. My truck is sucking air. I have a beans diesel sump, with an airdog 150 with a 40 psi spring to a Vulcan dual feed kit. I just replaced the feed line from the airdog to the t fitting on the Vulcan kit. If I turn the key on and let the airdog run for about 5- 10 seconds I hear a gurgling in the tank, if I shut the key off and wait about a minute it will do it again, I took the plug out of the T fitting In the Vulcan kit to check fuel pressure and as soon as I took the plug out for about it pushed air out for about 30 seconds . It does this everytime I turn the airdog on. So could it be the airdog going bad ? This started out of nowhere, it sat for one day after I put a new oil pump in it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm gonna pull it off tonight and check it out, gonna run some fuel from a bucket and see what if it gets air in it then.

I'm not sure, it's getting air in the feed line going to my pump, but I can hear a gurgling in the fuel tank after I turn the airdog on. The gurgling occurs about 5-10 seconds after the pump is turned on

It's been on about 2 1/2 years, and just started doing this out of the blue, it sat for one or two days while I put a new oil pump on

You said you put a new oil pump on that means you had the whole front cover off correct?! Did you remove any fuel lines or anything to do with the fuel system?

Nope, no fuel lines were touched... I did check fuel pressure with the pump on but the engine was off, that could probably change my pressure reading correct ? But you guys think the pump is bad ? Because it will push fuel but it sucks air as soon as the pump is turned off.

Yep, it's got a 40 psi spring in the pump but the only fuel pressure gauge I had was for 15psi, but it wrapped the gauge around so I'm assuming it's pretty close to what it should be. I'll give them a call and see what I can find out

Also the truck will fire and run off ether, it runs rough for a few minutes until the air dissipates and driving Down the road it's fine. That's the other odd part about this situation lol

Tore the airdog off today, checked out the rotors inside they looked fine, checked the fuel lines. Everything looked good.. Put it back together and the same issue

When mine went bad you could see the air in the supply line if you stuck it in a bucket the line/pump housing was cracked internally per air dog

Ok I'll check it out thanks, I did drain the fuel out of my tank last night, and I have a sump, so I just took out the one bolt for it to drain, well as I did this I could hear air leaking, if I took the fuel cap off it would go away. Not sure if that's normal or not ?

Ok I'll check it out thanks, I did drain the fuel out of my tank last night, and I have a sump, so I just took out the one bolt for it to drain, well as I did this I could hear air leaking, if I took the fuel cap off it would go away. Not sure if that's normal or not ?

As the fuel drains air has to get in to equalize and it will find a way in! Probably sucking in thru the vent!

Ok, I'm gonna hook the feed line to a bucket and see what it does

Back