Sucking air..

Sorry if I offended you Austin. Not what I was trying to do at all. I've done this stuff for a living, too. Is there a flaw in what I posted?

If I'm understanding the above quote correctly, we may have found the problem.

Kole, how do you have the two lines that come out of the same end of the AirDog run? Do you have both of them running to the injection pump?

Nothing to do with offended lol just one of those things that I have a certain way of doing. No harm no foul. I intended to see if the air was traveling to the bucket it sounded like he has no volume coming out of the pump or its not allowing itself to prime

With the single line hooked to the injection pump and the injector lines off, I'm getting fuel out of the top of my pump. But not a good burst, it hits my inner fender but doesn't reach the top of the fender like it would if i were to crack the lines at the top of the injector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All good, Austin. I'm with you on the volume.

So Kole, after the Vulcan tee, you only get fuel out of one side of the tee at a time? If this is the case, you definitely have a volume issue and I would say you also have a pressure issue. This pump should supply 150 gallons per hour at 40psi to the IP. That's 2 1/2 gallons a minute, so it should fill up a 5 gallon bucket in two minutes. Do you have that much flow?

Yes, after the tee I was only getting fuel out of one line at a time. I put a new motor on the airdog and it has a 40psi spring in it. I'm at home now, but I'll test that tomorrow and I'll stop up town and get a fuel pressure gauge to put on. My buddy has a good airdog 150 on his truck I can borrow that and put it on mine and see if that helps.

Cheap oil pressure gauge can work also if you have a hard time finding just a gauge. Just my .02

When cranking the fuel pressure drops to 0

Your AirDog is being fed off a key on circuit that losses power while cranking. Find a key on source WITH nominal 12 volts WHILE cranking and I believe your problem might solve itself. Unless you are 100% certain the AirDog keeps running while cranking, then the pump impeller is ****.

Ok, I changed the overflow valve on the pump back to the tork tek and have 45-50 psi with the pump on, still zero when cranking. I'll check the wiring and see if I find an issue

Put a hot to the pump at all times and cranked and it still draws down to zero...

It'll drain a 2.5 gallon bucket in a minute roughly

I'm just finding it odd how it draws down to zero fuel pressure when cranking.. Even with it wired directly to the battery.

That's what I'm saying, something's not adding up. Some crucial bit of information is missing from this story. It reminds me of a time when I was trying to help a local guy diag an alternator issue over the phone. I had told him to hook something to the positive side of the battery and something else to the negative side of the battery and the test still didn't work. It made no sense. Finally found out he was connecting the positive to one battery and the negative to another battery and the two batteries were not connected to each other.........:bang

What's the pressure when the engine's running? What does it go to on a hard pull?

What about the air in the fuel? Is it still there?

I'm just finding it odd how it draws down to zero fuel pressure when cranking.. Even with it wired directly to the battery.

What's your battery voltage drawing down to while cranking?

I'm gonna check voltage tonight, and I haven't started it with the gauge hooked up. And I don't believe air is in the fuel now, with airdog running I have fuel to the p pump at 40-45 psi. I believe losing fuel pressure when cranking has been my issue this whole time. If I give it a shot of ether it fires when cranking and it stays running because it has fuel pressure with the key on.

I'm gonna check voltage tonight, and I haven't started it with the gauge hooked up. And I don't believe air is in the fuel now, with airdog running I have fuel to the p pump at 40-45 psi. I believe losing fuel pressure when cranking has been my issue this whole time. If I give it a shot of ether it fires when cranking and it stays running because it has fuel pressure with the key on.

Something isn't right then lol you have a battery wired in to the air dog both hot and ground wires right

Back