Super Clean 2nd Gen 02 Show Truck/Street Rod

badassdiesel

Banned
Toying with the idea selling my 2002 baby. This truck in my humble opinion is the cleanest 2nd Gen out there. It's placed in storage and not driven in the winter and has seen rain maybe 5 times in it's life. This is a Colorado truck and there is not a speck of rust anywhere. Undercarriage is spotless. Odometer just turned over 50k miles. Modifications are extensive and the truck is very quick and a joy to drive on the street with very little smoke. If you're looking for a very special 2nd Gen, this might be it. I have over $47k into it not including 200+ hours of my own time. Please visit BadAssDiesel.com for pictures and videos. If interested contact me at mike@badassdiesel.com for technical details. Thx

2008072300.jpg

I like it too! What was the run,12's?
What turbo is that?

Been to the track twice. Best run was 12.41@112 leaving at 1-2psi (6000' Bandimere Speedway)

SB 64

Last edited:
Yeah guys its Mike. He is just trying to sell his truck. It is a damned clean truck. Lets all leave it at that.

Chassy and Cab stright 2wd front axle ?:poke:

I remember he had ideas to convert it to 2wd

No T case and if I remember correctly the front diff was gutted.

I still have wheel envy LOL

Good Luck on the sale Mike

The truck started life as a 2002 SO 4x4 with a 5spd. Early on I installed a SkyJacker 4" lift and drove it that way for a few years. Since I never offroaded it or drove it during the winter I pulled the front drive shaft so I didn't have to spin the front axle since they are always engaged. In 2006 I decided I wanted to lower it back down and turn it into what I had always wanted to begin with, a nice handling, good looking street rod. Over the course of the next year and a half I had the truck parked in my garage and begin the modification process. I sold the lift and begin the process of turning it into a lowered touring truck. I didn't plan on doing any hardcore drag racing and in the interest of handling and light weight I removed all the 4wd gear and installed a straight axle in the front. I also knew I wanted an auto tranny so I had Dusty at HTS build a full billet 47RH transmission with a SunCoast Race controller, laminated flexplate, and triple disk torque converter. I installed a large fan cooled Derale transmission cooler under the bed. I did the conversion from the 5spd to the auto myself. For the chassis I also had custom springs made that allowed me to lower the truck 6" in the rear and 2" in the front. I installed new ProFab control arms and new ball joints and hubs(didn't need them but I wanted to rebuild the chassis while I had everything out). I also installed cross drilled rotors, Hawk ceramic pads, and had the calipers rebuilt and polymer coated by GoldLine Brakes. I installed adjustable Rancho 9000 shocks front and rear. I had a new driveshaft built and high speed balanced. I then pulled out the stock rubber floor liner and installed new factory carpet along with a carbon fiber B&M ratchet shifter. Under the hood I pulled the head and had GAM's port and polish, O-Ring, and install new valve guides and F1 Diesel valve springs. I bolted the head down using a .020 marine gasket and ARP studs(5 retorques). I installed F1 Diesel Mach 6 injectors and an Edge Drag Comp fueling/timing box. I added an F1 Diesel Helix II cam with the 12v mechanical fuel pump lobe. I removed the entire fuel system and replaced with a Summit Racing aluminum 20 gal fuel cell and all 1/2" lines and Auto Meter fuel level gauge. The stock electric lift pump was replaced with a stone reliable 12v mechanical lift pump. I also replaced the stock fuel filter with a large high flow remote spin-on 2 micron Caterpillar fuel filter along with an Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator. I also installed a new BlueChip VP-X VP44 injection pump. I removed the stock cooling fan and replaced it with a PermaCool electric fan and Summit catch can. I then had all aluminum under the hood polished and powder coated everything else. I added a 3 piece HighTech ceramic coated exhaust manifold and an Industrial Injection Silver Bullet 64 turbo. The truck has a 4" straight thru aluminized exhaust along with a wrapped B1 style downpipe. I relocated an Ultima RedTop battery to the rear of the truck bed using very large double-ought copper cable. I also added a Snow Performance water injection system along with a Summit Racing aluminum 4 gal reservoir in the bed(water only used). I bought an all new factory bumper, grill, and hardware to convert the standard front bumper and grill to a Sport model front end. I also installed a steel Sir Michaels roll pan in the rear. Precision Auto Works did all the paint work and window tinting. I had Boze Alloys build custom forged wheels of my own design. They are black powder coated 22x10" with 7.5" back spacing so as to be tucked in nice and tight and not stick out. Tires are 305/45R22 Toyo Proxies. Wheels alone were $1100 each. The design remains on file at Boze if a replacement is ever needed.

I think that captures most of the modifications. The truck just rolled over 50k miles in Oct before I put it up in storage. I'm sure I've forgotten some stuff so feel free to ask questions. I have not really come up with an asking price but I'm thinking I would need to get $28-$29k out of it. Depends on the time of day you ask me I guess. I'm open to offers and realize I can never come close to getting out of it what I have in it. At the same time it has to be a reasonable offer. Thanks for the looking and let me know if I can answer any questions.

Michael Hainey 303-638-8760

Good to see ya here dukie. Sucks to be trying to sell a sweet looking truck now in todays market. Good luck.

Price reduced $19.5. I've got close to $50k in it. You won't find anything even as close to this clean and built for the money. I took it out today for the 2nd time this year and put a 100 miles on it. 600hp + 5800lbs = gobs of fun. No dissapointments guaranteed. I'll throw in the domain name for free.

mike@badassdiesel.com

No T case and if I remember correctly the front diff was gutted.

I still have wheel envy LOL

Good Luck on the sale Mike
Not gutted. I went out and found a entirely new front axle without the pumpkin. Came out of a 2wd 3500. Completely rebuilt it with new ball joints and wheel bearings after sand blasting and repainting. There's nothing on this truck that jury rigged. All fuel system plumbing, water system plumbing, and wiring is sheathed and first class. Everything looks factory or better. The neat thing about this truck is it's smoke free. It will haze a little but nothing that is going to come close to pissing off the locals. For anyone with serious interest I will take pics of the undercarriage or anything you want. It's done right trust me.

Back