The Compound Game, Primary Finally Ordered!

Weld the overflow holes shut and drill a .060" hole. That's what I'm running and with a 215 pump and 5x.022's I can't make my fuel pressure drop any at all.

After I fixed the fuel line I decided to adjust the hot pipe by loosening the top turbo, loosening the connection to the big turbo/hot pipe, and then clamping the v-band down first then tightening back up the t6 flange end then top turbo. I read about the idea here and it should allow the v-band to mate up better. Before I tightened up the t6 end, the top turbo to the manifold, then the v-band which did not allow it to move and adjust itself as the clamp tightened. That said the clamp is so tight the ends actually hit each other. Anyone have a source for v-band clamps which might be slightly on the small side if there is an issue this time around? Would be nice to get a little tighter clamp there.

I cleaned the filter as it had quite a bit of soot on a portion of it and this was evidenced by the inside of the turbo's having some dark coloration which looked like soot (not oil). Hopefully I can keep exhaust gasses where they are supposed to be and this will not be an issue from here on out.

Looks like I also have a nice leak at the transfer case. It appears to be around where the front drive shaft mates up and the gasket which appears to be between two halves of the t-case. Guess I'll have to pull that to fix this issue.

And finally, got the drive gauge on. Testing will have to wait however as this truck has some work to do Monday.

Is it like an Hx40 flange? If so I use silicone intakes. They have flanges and clamps I use to make my down pipe removable. They also sell gasket to go in between the flanges.

Yes. Looks like my hot pipe is still leaking. Looking in to either: 1) gaskets; or 2) sealant. Also, I'm interested in sleeving the connection with some 3" mild steel piping. Plan to cut it to length where it can't move and just slide it in. Need to make sure it does not cut off the port for the gate exhaust.

Yes. Looks like my hot pipe is still leaking. Looking in to either: 1) gaskets; or 2) sealant. Also, I'm interested in sleeving the connection with some 3" mild steel piping. Plan to cut it to length where it can't move and just slide it in. Need to make sure it does not cut off the port for the gate exhaust.

Don't know if you are set up to weld or not, but I see all kinds of different flanges here at my shop on people's down pipes. Maybe you can buy a (thicker) machined flange and retrofit your hot pipe? I have seen anything from basically a belled out pipe (very thin), to a nice 1/8 or 3/16 machined, tapered flange. That would take up your slack in the clamp. Also, there is a shim gasket on a 6.4 Ford Low pressure exducer turbine flange that you may be able to use or even stack together depending on what style your turbine housing has - I think it is 3.5 or 4" ID, but I have never measured one.

Also, I can almost guarantee that filter is a big restriction. If you really want to know, put a vacuum gauge between your primary and the filter. I but you will be surprised at the number. Even my little 62 will suck a filter minder shut with a brand new AFE filter on a part throttle test drive.

Thanks for all the work and info in this thread. I sure you are pretty close to finding the one or 2 little things that will make a night and day difference in the truck.

Any drive readings on it yet?

Nope. Replaced front driveshaft seal in t-case yesterday, not getting any drive readings until I take care of hot pipe leak next. Truck is staying parked.

Looking into some supporting fuel supply options as well given I am suspicious my AD150 is not keeping up regardless of potentially false FP readings from the gauge.

So will they give a warranty for a 200 gph unit? I've also heard something about a new 4g pump or something along those lines?

I also went with an Airdog 200. I figured being the biggest pump they have, it should be able to support some power and hold psi. I also thought these new ones were suppose to be quieter than the originals but this one seems louder than my old Ad150.

Last edited:
So will they give a warranty for a 200 gph unit? I've also heard something about a new 4g pump or something along those lines?

I didn't ask but I would think so. I will clear this up with Anthony. I asked about the 4g pump. It is still in feasability and not for sale is the quick and dirty from what I was told.

Nick...
The 4G pump is not Diesel RX's to sell.
Its being made by Charlie on the industrial side and can only be had through them.

The ADII DF165 on my CR could not keep up at all and would drop to 3psi on a full dyno pull.It was taken off and the 4G pump was put on and I can not move the needle off the 18psi mark at all under any load.It is a well built unit,alot quieter than my ADII and has done everything I wanted it to do and more.

Nick...
The 4G pump is not Diesel RX's to sell.
Its being made by Charlie on the industrial side and can only be had through them.

The ADII DF165 on my CR could not keep up at all and would drop to 3psi on a full dyno pull.It was taken off and the 4G pump was put on and I can not move the needle off the 18psi mark at all under any load.It is a well built unit,alot quieter than my ADII and has done everything I wanted it to do and more.

I see. You are quite a bit higher in hp than I am although from what I gathered from CPSimpson the 12v pump requires more lift pump than a cp3 to make power. Conclusion, hopefully this 200gph unit with the improvements of the second generation filter block will do the trick for me!

Hopefully! I've been running one of the older air dogs for about three years, at one time I was pulling the pressure down but now I've got it solid at 35psi all the time.

Have you ever figured out how many seconds it takes to go from 0-15psi in a brake stand? Curious how fast the spool is compared to mine.

Hopefully! I've been running one of the older air dogs for about three years, at one time I was pulling the pressure down but now I've got it solid at 35psi all the time.

Have you ever figured out how many seconds it takes to go from 0-15psi in a brake stand? Curious how fast the spool is compared to mine.

Look at my videos. Quite quickly, I would say under 10 seconds for sure possibly around the 7 second mark.

Seeing about 104 psi drive to 78-80psi boost with 40 psi coming from primary. Also have an AD200 on at 55psi. Removed filter and no change noted to boost or sotp from sad 12.4x pass. I may try to swap back in a 145* injector and see if power increases.

Pretty sure I'm going to try some 3.54s and see if that drops et.

Back