TNT Informal Dyno Day 1/12/08

Well here's the last runs im doing on the 24v before my 12v goes in.

Attachments

• 2008 vp44 runs.JPG
    2008 vp44 runs.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 34
dzlfarmboy said:
Well here's the last runs im doing on the 24v before my 12v goes in.
12 valve cough cough Why not a common rail Brett. What do you want for the Mach 7's. Thanks Steve B.

ctd8999 said:
12 valve cough cough Why not a common rail Brett. What do you want for the Mach 7's. Thanks Steve B.

Yeah everbodys on the common rail band wagon, I'll like playing with the 12v though...7's I dont know maybe $1000, their commin out real soon you wanna try em out?

Brett, wouldn't mind trying them, I don't know if I'd gain anything or not. How were they on the street ?? Thanks Steve B.

pullinprincess said:
very true...I was the only ford represent'n!...Where were all the other blue ovals :poke:
Would have loved to be there but could not escape the grasp of this air base, plus the gasser would have put crappy numbers up :umno:. I need to get kyle's dodge working right. He has some real potential in that thing. I enjoyed that first one i went to and maybe make the next one. Even if I dont dyno. Do I get a prize if I'm the only gasser?

pullinprincess said:
very true...I was the only ford represent'n!...Where were all the other blue ovals :poke:
Ashley, you scared them, they hate to get beat by a girl. LOL Thanks Steve B.

Only gasser?? well Saturday, you would have had 3 others to mingle with on the dyno.. Two pickups and a Trans-Am. I must add, that's the first I've really watched a gasser dyno. Nothing special.. just the usual sounds, but the thing is stationary.. It just dosen't sound right that the vehicle is not moving at 100 MPH!:cool: The T/A was a good example.. some detonation at WOT, hit the rev limiter real quick, ..the run was over, and all the deceleration occurred with the usual popping and cracking through the exhaust. Just my $.02

12 valve?? Why are you wasting time on that junk?? Yeah I know, ..they are stone simple machines and rule the records of one making the most overall power. I like the class and character of a 12 valve and personally wouldn't have any other type of setup. They are the king of RPMs! A year or more ago, I would be all over a 12 valve swap. But the common rails are here and are figured out. A typical 12 valve can be fueled up and throw a charger or two on it and you'll usually end up with about 500hp. The equivalent work done on a common rail truck will get you about 725hp. Plus.. it can be tuned down for the street easily. No smoke and bad manors typically found with the old-guard 12 valve trucks.. that have been tweaked.

6 to one, half a dozen to the other Brett, Good luck!

dzlfarmboy said:
Yeah everbodys on the common rail band wagon, I'll like playing with the 12v though...7's I dont know maybe $1000, their commin out real soon you wanna try em out?

12v huh...:D

I love my 12v's, but I'm slowly beginning to hate working on this one:D
Chris

behrdzl said:
I told her to be really good and nice:hump: to Brett and go for the 12v:evil

That won't work I think he'd prefer to work on the motor over me :hehe:
One of these days i'll buy an old dodge..

One week left, lookin to have a good turn out next Sat from word of mouth, We'll have food and drinks there for lunch along with a few bad a** trucks, hope too see you guys there... Maybe I'll have the dirty dozen spittin fumes by then.

Brett

Back