VP44 Deathmatch thread.

testing

no offense but ill never have a truck like that so how they might perform on your truck wouldnt really give me much real world useage facts. im not knocking yer pkg cuz i wish i couuld doall youve done but most of us w/vp trucks are alot closer to stock and maybe have a trubo inj upgrade. somehting along the 62 turbo and 150 might be a little more realistic. just so that we wouldnt see unrealistic numbers that we could never achieve.
not knockin ya but if we could come up with a stock truck except for maybe fuel system upgrades and inj to test this it would guve those of us bottm feeders a little more hope and direction

Thank you for the nice complements on the truck and i understand your thinking and i understrad that most are not to the point that i am. It has took almost 2.5 years to build with the best that i could afford or charge on plastic. For most that only have the 100-150hp injectors and a 62mm turbo they don't need the extra fuel that these pumps claim to add. The SO pump would be enough to max the 62mm turbo out. You wouldn't find out the top end of these aftermarket pumps.
With a setup like mine you take all of the enefficientcy of the engines out of the loop to find the maxium upper end limit of these. In the end isn't that what everyone is looking for? How much fuel and hp/tq are these thing capable of? Give people a Number to shoot for to know the limits.
Tim, Like i said before the dyno is availible and so is the diesel tech from the local dealer and both would give thier time for the testing they have read this thread and think it is a great idea and opportunity to lay the facts out to clear the air. Good luck on this and hopefully you can maybe get some magizine coverage for this also would be great advertisement for the indivual mfg's.

i would dyno mine from a stock SO to the Monster pump. but there isnt a dyno down here. except PDI's but i wouldnt trust them with my trike.

I think if you test it on a mildly tuned truck you will not get the results everyone is looking for.

Like i said before we have all three pumps and have the truck to do it with! And im sure John at Floor it would let us use his dyno.

i think the test should be done with a single 66 or similar charger and/or a small set of twins to show what most of us are running what pump is better. jmho.

hmm well i just installed a silver bullet.... anyone want to send out some pumps to left coast diesel? maybe they could let me run them.

Been using a Monster pump for almost a year now and I will tell you this, whether a monster or dragon fire you have to have perseverance! I am on my fifth (5) pump amd Mike has stood behind every one of them. I will give myself some credit though (Mike acknowledged it himself) I kept plugging along and had faith that it would work out. I guess, unlike most guys' I just didn't want to p-pump it. Also wanted to see how much HP a VP could make.

Back-to -topic: Tell me when and where and I will try to make it. Still have my stock VP and am running M&Js lastest iteration of the stage II pump.
Seat of pants; there is no comparison!

Thank you for the nice complements on the truck and i understand your thinking and i understrad that most are not to the point that i am. It has took almost 2.5 years to build with the best that i could afford or charge on plastic. For most that only have the 100-150hp injectors and a 62mm turbo they don't need the extra fuel that these pumps claim to add. The SO pump would be enough to max the 62mm turbo out. You wouldn't find out the top end of these aftermarket pumps.
With a setup like mine you take all of the enefficientcy of the engines out of the loop to find the maxium upper end limit of these. In the end isn't that what everyone is looking for? How much fuel and hp/tq are these thing capable of? Give people a Number to shoot for to know the limits.
Tim, Like i said before the dyno is availible and so is the diesel tech from the local dealer and both would give thier time for the testing they have read this thread and think it is a great idea and opportunity to lay the facts out to clear the air. Good luck on this and hopefully you can maybe get some magizine coverage for this also would be great advertisement for the indivual mfg's.

al right ..i gotcha..ill go along with this theory. ill be waitn on the results....ive got alot to learn yet

Let me know when and where and I'll see if I can make it and bring along some of Mike's sticks (new) , HO pump, redline, drag comp, smarty and big lines/tubes for the test.

Let me know when and where and I'll see if I can make it and bring along some of Mike's sticks (new) , HO pump, redline, drag comp, smarty and big lines/tubes for the test.

We already have all of it. As well as equal length headers etc etc. Timbeaux I will call you in a sec. Sorry I have been MIA. Busy with the truck.

Well I have everything squared away. I do want to know however if people plan on attending this? We have plenty of room if you choose to. I would just like the heads up. Gilmore Performance (SmokinCummins) will be doing all the testing and it will be on Floor It Diesels Dyno. I am getting schedules together this afternoon with Floor It to schedule the date. Probably going to be the first part of August with the busy sled pulling schedule going on. Its the fastest to get to it. I'm no VP guy. More curious than anything about this. But BIG thanks owed to Timbeaux and CompD on this one.

Well I have everything squared away. I do want to know however if people plan on attending this? We have plenty of room if you choose to. I would just like the heads up. Gilmore Performance (SmokinCummins) will be doing all the testing and it will be on Floor It Diesels Dyno. I am getting schedules together this afternoon with Floor It to schedule the date. Probably going to be the first part of August with the busy sled pulling schedule going on. Its the fastest to get to it. I'm no VP guy. More curious than anything about this. But BIG thanks owed to Timbeaux and CompD on this one.
Will it be a Matts place or Johns?

Will it be a Matts place or Johns?

Gonna have it at AirDog. So rain, sleet, snow, or shine we will still have it. It is in Jefferson City, MO. There may be a HUGE twist on things after speaking with everyone today. May end up being a 3 day deal and testing CP3 pumps as well. After of course all of the VP stuff is done!! This may be one information filled event!!

Gonna have it at AirDog. So rain, sleet, snow, or shine we will still have it. It is in Jefferson City, MO. There may be a HUGE twist on things after speaking with everyone today. May end up being a 3 day deal and testing CP3 pumps as well. After of course all of the VP stuff is done!! This may be one information filled event!!
I'll have to attend this one.

So im guessing you guys got your hands on all the parts, pumps sticks everything?? whos trucks? what size chargers all that good stuff

Must be somebody doing some serious videoing for the ones that can't make it.

Well I am going to do my best to arrange the pump builders to be in attendance. So they can see every second of what is going on and are not worried about anything. And possibly have some of the guys with the programers in attendance as well. We do have a few sizes of injectors, turbos, etc. How would you guys like to see it go. 2.6 off the shelf turbo? Say a pro street 66 or a silver 66 size turbo or bigger? I believe 01PPump has a very wide variety of turbos. I believe we are going to do this starting on a late Friday night at 5pm and run late and start again early Saturday. Probably run deep into the night and start back up early Sunday morning. Should have time to do many many tests. We will do pump tests first and go from there. Time willing we will test programers, exhaust manifold (equal length or ats style), injector line size, etc.

Back