VP44 Deathmatch thread.

if someone wants to send me II's pump and injectors i can dyno all 3

we have some big air for this year so ......Bring on the fuel :evil

Scott

SmokinCummins has all this stuff and the trucks at his shop right now. Hit him up Timbeaux. Im sure we can get it to Floor It Diesels dyno no problem. But ya Tyrel I am talking about yours and Brads trucks.

I would be interested in doing this. I am sure Llyod will allow me the use of his dyno and shop for the pump swap.

do you have a stock and a superpump?

This is just a few things on my truck NOW!

Dragonflow
.093 lines and tubes
DDP custom injectors (76LPM)
Adrenaline w/Pulse (is all under the hood)
Redline
powerpuck
Custom S400

And a few other minor details that i could tell you via PM Tim!

It would proably be me, Matt Gilmore (Smokincummins) And Anthony Reams (2tone12V) going once we figure out where its going to be done at.

And most people like me, are more concerned in the difference between the monster and the dragon, and Anthony is right there are 2 brandnew ones in Gilmores shop. And we have an SO as well

SmokinCummins has all this stuff and the trucks at his shop right now. Hit him up Timbeaux. Im sure we can get it to Floor It Diesels dyno no problem. But ya Tyrel I am talking about yours and Brads trucks.

Anthony, gimmie a holler today. Do you have my number?

I say let them run each builder run their biggest best pump/line/injector combo for fuel only HP in a no holds barred, "dont bring a knife to a gunfight" battle. so no one can whine about using the other guys stuff limiting the pump.

I say let them run each builder run their biggest best pump/line/injector combo for fuel only HP in a no holds barred, "dont bring a knife to a gunfight" battle. so no one can whine about using the other guys stuff limiting the pump.

Great idea, but who actually has access to all those parts.... You got to find a common ground. Plus, you'll prolly have 2 guys wroking on the truck at a time. Which ain't bad, but its going to take some time. Heck, swapping out 3 pumps alone could take a whole day.

If it takes all day to do three pumps , those guys will really be heckling you.

If it takes all day to do three pumps , those guys will really be heckling you.

:hehe:
and injectors/lines dont take any real extra time to change while doing the pump anyways.
I just dont want to hear the losers crying how "unfair" it was later.

I could give a crap what one superpump does vs another....... I wanna see how either pump matches up vs an SO or HO pump with and without electronics....... I have my theories, but I wanna see proof.

Guys, please dont try to turn this into something it is not....... If you are confused, refer to post #1.

i wish i coold partake but i will be watching. i think a good comp would include and hrvp from whoever is willing to donate one and i will purchase it when your done with it for a reasonable price if need be.

to me an so/hrvp/and the lightning/monster(whichever) would be a great test. but run em all with the same lines on fuel alone. everything from the pump to the engine must be stock..thats really gonna be the only way i think

The test will have to be done with big lines, crossovers, and injectors. These bigger pumps do not like being held back.

Lets get it on I'm in 110% and I'm sure Brady at II will be highly interested as well!

testing

tim, if you would like to pm me to talk feel free. i would love to help and put to rest, the vp war of no facts.
i can have a dyno dynamics dyno and shop space for any amount of time just have to reserve it so the owner will make room and he will probley give a helping hand also, to swap whatever parts: injectors, lines, tubes, pumps and electronics you want to test. also i can have the diesel tech come down from the local dodge dealer to aid in the quicker parts swapping. (im sure either one wont miss this anyways)

i have the capability to data log and have a fresh rebuild with forged pistons, 625 head studs, 14mm main studs, girdled, maxspool: cam, header, valvetrain. ti valve bridges harland sharp roller rockers, zz intake plenum and ported polished head. it has a custom 2.6 s400 and if need be i can send it off to be upgraded to a larger 2.8 charger if you think it will require the additional airflow.

can it be decided which box to use? edge j/a, comp, adr, tst, or redline? i would suggest a tried and true box with out any of the quirks! a good ol' comp. i can pick one up if i have to. not a problem. (just my adr and redline seems picky to what it likes to do and when it likes to do it) the truck has all new sensors to rid any gremlins that could pop up. fuel system that will more than supply enough fuel. and a drivetrain that will be up to the task to multiple back to back flogging on the dyno.

we could run them on smaller injectors 150-200hp and the smaller 2.6 turbo to see just how much fuel they have to offer for each pump without the indivual recomended inj/lines/tubes being different from one to the other. then swap the injectors for the mfg. recomended lines tubes and inj's and the larger charger and let them all hang out to see what they got???

i hope this works out and someone gets to do the proper testing and brings us the facts!!!!

Last edited:
Lots of volunteers for this. My main concern is the fact that all trucks don't perform the same. One guy can put a Monster pump on his rig & not see the big numbers that a different truck might see. I know a guy with a Monster, he has the big lines & Mikes injectors, only hit 583hp with a Edge comp.

tim, if you would like to pm me to talk feel free. i would love to help and put to rest, the vp war of no facts.
i can have a dyno dynamics dyno and shop space for any amount of time just have to reserve it so the owner will make room and he will probley give a helping hand also, to swap whatever parts: injectors, lines, tubes, pumps and electronics you want to test. also i can have the diesel tech come down from the local dodge dealer to aid in the quicker parts swapping. (im sure either one wont miss this anyways)

i have the capability to data log and have a fresh rebuild with forged pistons, 625 head studs, 14mm main studs, girdled, maxspool: cam, header, valvetrain. ti valve bridges harland sharp roller rockers, zz intake plenum and ported polished head. it has a custom 2.6 s400 and if need be i can send it off to be upgraded to a larger 2.8 charger if you think it will require the additional airflow.

can it be decided which box to use? edge j/a, comp, adr, tst, or redline? i would suggest a tried and true box with out any of the quirks! a good ol' comp. i can pick one up if i have to. not a problem. (just my adr and redline seems picky to what it likes to do and when it likes to do it) the truck has all new sensors to rid any gremlins that could pop up. fuel system that will more than supply enough fuel. and a drivetrain that will be up to the task to multiple back to back flogging on the dyno.

we could run them on smaller injectors 150-200hp and the smaller 2.6 turbo to see just how much fuel they have to offer for each pump without the indivual recomended inj/lines/tubes being different from one to the other. then swap the injectors for the mfg. recomended lines tubes and inj's and the larger charger and let them all hang out to see what they got???

i hope this works out and someone gets to do the proper testing and brings us the facts!!!!

no offense but ill never have a truck like that so how they might perform on your truck wouldnt really give me much real world useage facts. im not knocking yer pkg cuz i wish i couuld doall youve done but most of us w/vp trucks are alot closer to stock and maybe have a trubo inj upgrade. somehting along the 62 turbo and 150 might be a little more realistic. just so that we wouldnt see unrealistic numbers that we could never achieve.
not knockin ya but if we could come up with a stock truck except for maybe fuel system upgrades and inj to test this it would guve those of us bottm feeders a little more hope and direction

Back