Way to much smoke!!

Seeing as the truck has been back together for over a month now and runs like a champ ever since, i think I got it straightened out

the conclusion here is: you ran your mouth, about a build that was done wrong, your pictures prove this, nothing was wrong with the head, and you will never know how good it could have been if common sense had been applied by you and your mechanic.

I know Zach didn't install the valve, Not blaiming any of that on him. I had faith in the guy that built the engine for me, between that and other people claiming that the head smokes is the reason why I went with the head must be the problem. Once I took the head off I saw this wasn't the problem and thats why I posted pictures to show what the problem was. I am in no way taking a shot a zach or his head. I am showing that the engine was put together wrong. Once I saw this and put it together correctly it runs great.
That is where you chim in Charger and say whats already been said that could be causing the problem. And try to tell me I'm wrong in the "math" that I've done. But you don't explain why its wrong.
The real conclusion here is I bashed the head based off of what I read and experiences others had. I was asking others opinions as to what could be wrong seeing as the builder didn't know or try to figure it out and I was s.o.l. at this piont. I trusted that the builder knew what he was doing. Finially I tore into it myself and found the problem. I posted what the problem was so everone would know and it was shown that the head was not the problem. Inconclusion as typical as it is someone always has to step in and be a smart azz and think they know it all and try to make someone else look dumb. This is where we are at now and Im sure I can say where it will go from here.
Thanks for your input Charger but your comments have helped no one without you explaining your short comments.

Results/finds soon to come. Waiting on refunds, ect before I say what I found and voice an opinion one way or the other. Maybe even pics!!!

This speaks for itself, you are the one slamming a product, and you infact didn't know what the problem was. It is you saying you want a refund even though there is nothing wrong with the product you purchased, it doesn't matter to me if it is a head, injector, or anything, you are spreading dog **** here, but where is the incentive for someone to research and build a product, how about if you start a thread and retract everything, do you think that would be fair

Last edited:
I don't understand where you are coming from? The whole story hasn't been told on here. Zach had already sent out the refund. I was waiting on the refund from the shop that did the build and I bought the head from. Nothing was directed at Hamilton. I still wanted my refund for another reason. When I was quoted a price from the shop I was told He would give it to me at his cost. The complete head and cam for a total of 3325 plus tax and shipping. I ended up being charged 3650 for the head and 675 for the cam. Plus 125 for shipping and tax on top of that. Thats why I wanted the head refund even after I found it wasn't the head causing the problem. Honestly having to fix the truck I should be giving a refund from the shop. Plus they should have sold me products at the given price. When I posted that above I was waiting for the refund. Zach said he mailed it out over two weeks before that but the shop claims they knew nothing about it. The shop was waiting on the party in the middle to issue the refund to them before they would issue it to me. Still lots more to story but don't think it needs said. Maybe that helps u understand a little better.
If not I'll say it again. Hamilton was not at Fault and stood behind there product, issuing a refund without know what or why. Thanks Zach!!

Last edited by a moderator:
x2 on that.. zach has stood behind his product for me as well. No worries.

Last edited:
So the problem was injectors were to high in the head (from head gasket and washers)and compression to low (head gasket again) is that what is being said here?

At least post the name of the shop that scewed up your engine so someone else doesn't go down the same road

Head sat higher than stock due to the Gasket yes, compression wasn't checked so can't give an honest answer on that. The injectors sat lower in the head that factory.

What i've posted above is really on a piece of the story from the build at the shop but it covers the main part. Not enough time or energy to get into the whole story with it from start to end. Not sure I want to post the mans name, or the shop. Don't really want to cross that bridge and argue on here about it. I'm still not satisfied with the way things went I feel that I paid a lot of money for a build that it should have ran right and when it didn't they should have fixed it. They didn't fix it. I had to do the work myself and figure it out on my own. That to me means I should then be entitled to some money back. Either way it is what it is, can't change it, not worth the stress anymore. Tried to be nice about it and it didn't work. The guy is know in my area and has some good running trucks that hes worked on. I think mostly commonrails. I could run around and bad mouth him, but I don't feel I need to go that low. I have my own business too and I know what is like. Sometimes things happen and you can't figure it out, however if you where paid to do it you have two choices, figure it out or tell them you can't. If you can't your not getting paid for it though.

Fair enough, your injectors were high it looked to me, spraying out of the bowl, it looks like when push came to shove you jumped in their got your hands greasy,learned something,and fixed it, so it's not all bad

Fair enough, your injectors were high it looked to me, spraying out of the bowl, it looks like when push came to shove you jumped in their got your hands greasy,learned something,and fixed it, so it's not all bad

Actually the injectors were too low cause they shouldn't be hitting the crown of the piston at all.

Hard to tell, almost looks like there is crosshatching, but not in every picture??

Did you have the injectors checked? Popped? Anything? That spray pattern is either too wide for those pistons, or the injectors aren't deep enough. You have way too much fuel hitting the piston crown.

Chris

Loren, I will defer to you two, as experts on the subject

Back