Why won't my truck dyno good?

If your fuel pressure is good, it is either really dirty map/iat or you are choking the engine down. Those Dragons are no joke. You would see better numbers with smaller sticks, like the Dragon fly's.

Boost on that run was 40psi just like it is on the street. It's where I've got the turbo gated down to.

Map sensor was clean a month ago but I went ahead and hit it up with some brake cleaner just for fun. Haven't pulled the IAT yet but I imagine it's clean to. I'll put that on my list of things to do today.

I was gonna swap in a set of mach 6's but another buddy of mine got to them before I did so I didn't get the chance.

DOCTOR DIESEL said:
first thing you should run the tst on 9 , and the smarty on 9. Ive already done all the homework with running the stacked chips. With both boxes on 9 you will be running max power. If you were running edge with smarty you will actually lose power on dyno no matter what level you are on. Also the dynos everyone runs these diesels on will not load the motor so this may also be a problem with you numbers.

I have never seen a VP truck dyno max HP on level 9 of a TST. Usually 6 or 7 is best...... Also load on the engine is fine as he says he is obtaining normal boost during his dyno runs.

Tyler,

Give me a call as I have a few ideas.

Doug

Well pulled the IAT sensor out and it was dirty. I wouldn't call it bad enough to drop 60hp but it was dirty so I went ahead and cleaned it. MAP sensor looked fine. Who knows?

BgBlDodge said:
Well pulled the IAT sensor out and it was dirty. I wouldn't call it bad enough to drop 60hp but it was dirty so I went ahead and cleaned it. MAP sensor looked fine. Who knows?
Run any better?

im with doug,,turn down the tst.....mine ran the fastest on level 6,the quickest on 5..........bama

I have the same problem. Last year i did 425 at houston with jammer 4's, drag comp, 64/14 from gillette diesel. This last year i did 459 with HRVP from II, 10holes with lift, same turbo, head work, haisely street puller cam, juice w/ attitude, smarty, FASS. I was very dissapointed to only gain 29hp will all the new mods.

But as u know i fixed the damn thing and she be screaming now. My map sensor was not throwing any codes and when i replace it she came alive. 565hp. Like i said i have the new high hp map senser and it netted me a 106 hp along with the new silver 64.

What did your hp and tq curves look like????

I am going for 650 on fuel only next time.

It was nice to meet you.

Its a joke. Everyone and their dogs told me that there is no way it could be map sensor problems. But when i finally started replacing just about everything my truck ran 10 times better when i replaced the map. so i have been joking will all the people that told me it wasnt that saying i must have gotten a 100hp map sensor since they didnt think there was anything wrong with my old one.

Curves look alright to me. I don't have the sheet in front of me but last I looked they looked alright. I'll say this though, they don't climb near as fast as my last dyno sheets do.

Back